Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Matt Jones update

I know this is kind of rumor-y/hearsay...

But I saw Matt Jones at a N. Raleigh starbucks (random, I know) and *might* have eavesdropped a bit. Sounds like he might be playing overseas soon. Lithuania!

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

But I saw Matt Jones at a N. Raleigh starbucks (random, I know) and *might* have eavesdropped a bit. Sounds like he might be playing overseas soon. Lithuania!
    For the internet, it sounds like an "eyewitness report." Thanks for the info.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

An exercise in modern journalism:

Is former Duke basketball player Matt Jones heading overseas to play professionally? One source close to the situation is reporting that Lithuania is being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    For the internet, it sounds like an "eyewitness report." Thanks for the info.
    For the internet it sounds like an interview.

If true, wouldn’t exactly be shocking news. Hopefully he can make some money overseas doing what he loves and see the world a bit. Not a bad life if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    An exercise in modern journalism:

Is former Duke basketball player Matt Jones heading overseas to play professionally? One source close to the situation is reporting that Lithuania is being discussed.
    Lol

Very close! 😁

I was too chicken to ask for a selfie though. I always feel weird about that. But listening in on conversations? Not weird st all.

If you had only worked a Kardashian into the story, it would be trending right now.

If you really want to be current, you have to begin with BREAKING NEWS! (find me a news broadcast that doesn't begin with BREAKING NEWS these days, and I'll give you 25 cents)...

I am not questioning your eavesdropping ability, but all of the teams in Lithuania's top division have played their first game now and Matt did play for any of them. Due to it being a basketball country, it would be rather unusual for him signing there to fly under the radar of all the usual news sources, but I will continue to be on the lookout.

Antonio Vrankovic did start his pro career over the weekend in Spain's third division so it is almost time for me to fire up a new overseas updates thread.

I was just in Lithuania and I can confirm that Matt was nowhere to be seen. Also, Lithuanian beer is cold and good. It's the "Baltic Way."
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I was just in Lithuania and I can confirm that Matt was nowhere to be seen. Also, Lithuanian beer is cold and good. It's the "Baltic Way."
    Isn't that a 2 million person chain of peace 30 years ago? But I'm sure there was some beer drinking going on ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Isn't that a 2 million person chain of peace 30 years ago? But I'm sure there was some beer drinking going on ...
    Indeed. I was there for the 30 year anniversary celebration of the Baltic Way.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

And I was just in Lithonia, Georgia. No sign of him there (checked just in case his travel agent screwed up). Did not sample any beer there.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    And I was just in Lithonia, Georgia. No sign of him there (checked just in case his travel agent screwed up). Did not sample any beer there.
    Not in Savannah, Georgia either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not in Savannah, Georgia either.
    I think the odds are greater that he would be in Tbilisi, Georgia.

Indeed. I was there for the 30 year anniversary celebration of the Baltic Way.
    I’ve owned Baltic Avenue before, but it was just a game where I tried to control all the properties.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

But I can confirm he is still in Gonzaga’s nightmares

One source has an overseas destination for Matt. I am not sure what their original report was, but I will keep an eye out for corroboration.

I might be able to understand how it was misheard if this is the right place, but geographically, it is not close.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Hopefully, you did not run into the incredibly long-winded Tony Parker while in Lithonia.

Well, it is official after today's game.

Do we think that Taiwan can be easily misheard as Lithuania or are we concerned about FerryFor50's reliability as a spy?