Page 557 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 5745750754755555655755855956760765710571557 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,140 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    My friends, we're only 121 posts away from 11,000. At the rate we're posting, it'll take 2 weeks to get there! We can do better than that
    Unfortunately, my insomnia has subsided for a while, but I'll chalk that up to the joy and excitement of my vacation. Now that I'm back at work, I'm sure to get stressed out soon, stay up all night long and go on a PWing rampage. Lavabe, you down?

2 and a half hours later...

...I wonder how bad Mardi Gras could be this year, since Dr. John is playing a show in chapel hole on Fat Tuesday. If I were president, I'd have rescheduled this address to Congress and been in Naw'lins tonight.

Laissez bon temps roulet.

a fun-filled evening!

I'm finishing my taxes and e-filing fed and one state. Have to mail the other one.

I'm sick and so is DukePA. We're on opposite coasts but we're both at conferences. Go figure.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Ymm, beer VS. The LTE, a completely scientific analysis.

The LTE's outward release pits it's anxiety against the calm of Ymm, beer's inner quest.
    I was looking at the stats for both threads. Pretty amazing juxtaposition with the numbers. The LTE is of course, the most visited thread. But only in numbers. Ymm, beer has a higher percentage of views per replies (VPR).

thread---------------replies------------views
    Ymm, beer------------2128------------42,908
    LTE------------------10,884----------108,192

That's a 20% vs. 10% difference, and it means more people view what is written on Ymm, beer. I've deduced through strict scientific methods that this is because Ymm, beer offers information for the good of the community and that the LTE suffers from an incurable case of A.D.D..
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The LTE's outward release pits it's anxiety against the calm of Ymm, beer's inner quest.
    I was looking at the stats for both threads. Pretty amazing juxtaposition with the numbers. The LTE is of course, the most visited thread. But only in numbers. Ymm, beer has a higher percentage of views per replies (VPR).

That's a 20% vs. 10% difference, and it means more people view what is written on Ymm, beer. I've deduced through strict scientific methods that this is because Ymm, beer offers information for the good of the community and that the LTE suffers from an incurable case of A.D.D..
    Shouldn't you have posted this on the LTE? How are we going to get to 11,000 posts if you waste perfectly good posts in a new thread? And I have committed the same sin.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

APOLOGIES TO DIK!

I'm PM-challenged, apparently, tonight, having sent you about 12,942 PMs in the span of about 5 minutes. Who the heck designs a form interface where the default focus is on the submit button, and not in the text entry form? I'd go to hit "enter" to start a new paragraph, and send a PM instead. Argh.

Anyways, DIK, I'll stop spamming your private inbox, and again, my apologies. I'm normally NOT computer-communications-challenged in this way!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    APOLOGIES TO DIK!

I'm PM-challenged, apparently, tonight, having sent you about 12,942 PMs in the span of about 5 minutes. Who the heck designs a form interface where the default focus is on the submit button, and not in the text entry form? I'd go to hit "enter" to start a new paragraph, and send a PM instead. Argh.

Anyways, DIK, I'll stop spamming your private inbox, and again, my apologies. I'm normally NOT computer-communications-challenged in this way!
    No apologies necessary. You should have seen my first attempt at a PM response on another board. It wasn't pretty!

Thanks for answering my question.

Wink Lies, da**ed lies, and statistics

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

On the other hand, if you do Replies per View (RPV), the LTE wins roughly 10% to 5%.

Where's the science? I see no hypothesis, experimentation/observation, etc...

I guess the RPV would lead me to think that the YB thread doesn't get people to respond as much. On the other hand, the LTE gets people to respond. Or maybe the percent of PWing is higher on the LTE.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    ...I wonder how bad Mardi Gras could be this year, since Dr. John is playing a show in chapel hole on Fat Tuesday. If I were president, I'd have rescheduled this address to Congress and been in Naw'lins tonight.

Laissez bon temps roulet.
    Mojo: When can we expect your avatar to change to Dudley Doright or Snidely Whiplash?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Who the heck designs a form interface where the default focus is on the submit button, and not in the text entry form?
    My cats designed the software. It was their first job...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Mojo: When can we expect your avatar to change to Dudley Doright or Snidely Whiplash?
    Anything other than what he has right now...

Cool Get down...

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Unfortunately, my insomnia has subsided for a while, but I'll chalk that up to the joy and excitement of my vacation. Now that I'm back at work, I'm sure to get stressed out soon, stay up all night long and go on a PWing rampage. Lavabe, you down?
    Having to communicate with Mad-land this week, which means I have to wake up early, email, and phone at the times when you're suffering.

I'm down.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

By your methodology, that would make the Who are these people? thread provides the greatest good to the community with 156 views and 1 reply. Also, how did you factor in those threads with zero replies?

No offense intended for anyone that has posted some of the threads that fit into the above category. I have more than my fair share of them.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Also, how did you factor in those threads with zero replies?
    I believe I have my share of those ... unless of course if they've already been purged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Nyah ha ha!

I've written too much stuff reflecting on what's current. My mind is churning though.

Unhappy The End of The World As We Know It

The world is going to end on December 21, 2012.

Has anybody seen that show on the history channel? I watched it last night. Many prognosticators converge on the same date. The Mayan calendar mysteriously ends on December 21, 2012.

Most disturbing to me is the alignment of the sun, earth, and the black hole in the center of the milky way. A few scientists postulate this alignment precipitates a shift or reversal of the earth's magnetic poles. Cataclysmic!

I'm torn between going to Church everyday and dancing with the devil, frivolously spending what's left of my money and engaging in drunken debauchery.

Perhaps we need a poll.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post

Has anybody seen that show on the history channel? I watched it last night. Many prognosticators converge on the same date. The Mayan calendar mysteriously ends on December 21, 2012.

Most disturbing to me is the alignment of the sun, earth, and the black hole in the center of the milky way. A few scientists postulate this alignment precipitates a shift or reversal of the earth's magnetic poles. Cataclysmic!

I'm torn between going to Church everyday and dancing with the devil, frivolously spending what's left of my money and engaging in drunken debauchery.

Perhaps we need a poll.
    I don't want to dance with the devil , unless he's a Blue Devil , but I would be happy to help out with spending your money and the drunken debauchery part.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don't want to dance with the devil , unless he's a Blue Devil , but I would be happy to help out with spending your money and the drunken debauchery part.
    Now this sounds like a Brunchgate party to me!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Red face Been there

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post

Perhaps we need a poll.
    We had a thread about this already. I want to say it was 9 months ago, but I can't find it. The SEARCH function isn't finding it easily. I want to say that EarlJam got this thread rolling.

Cheers,
    Lavabe