Page 343 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2432933333413423433443453533934438431343 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 67399
    So I did some holiday shopping today... got this for my parents. Started getting my boss' gift- just so happens I drew her name for the office Secret Santa. I also got 1 friend's gift, which leaves 2 more to go. It's a light holiday season this year.

Ahhh stumped on the other gifts. Haven't found anything intersting online tonight.

Actually nothing really interesting about tonight in general. Zzzzzzzzz. No one's even online to entertain me. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Actually nothing really interesting about tonight in general. Zzzzzzzzz. No one's even online to entertain me. Sigh.
    I'm sorry no one was here to entertain you, but look on the bright side, you got four posts in a row on the LTE.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Ya know, when I saw DD's response, I thought it was to Lavabe's immediately prior post... I was thinking, "Hawaiian lager would be an excellent benefit!"

Other than more credibility when I travel to other dive locations and have to prove my abilities, Master Diver is pretty much a marketing term. The next big step is Dive Master, where you start to learn how to train other divers. I'm probably going to stop with the classes for now - time to focus on just getting out, getting wet, and having fun. (Plus ski season is coming!)
    Are there any other levels past Dive Master? Grandmaster Diver, perhaps?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Are there any other levels past Dive Master? Grandmaster Diver, perhaps?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    4:30ish. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    4:30ish. Ouch.
    Too bad we missed each other, we could've pulled some insomniac drafting to jack up the thread count.

I think the highest level should be Grandmaster Flash Diver.

My father went to Scuba School for the Army back in the day...I hear it was pretty hard core at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that Sunday nights on the OTB are beyond dead. I think it's been determined that a person can draft off him/herself, right?
    Most of the tracks are without racing on Sunday night.(That is a joke about OTB = Off Track Betting, though I think OTB has been shut down for some time.)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Its a hugely complicated deal that doesn't make much sense to me. Sam Zell convinced the trustees of the ESOP for the The Tribune Company that it would be a good idea to borrow $8+ billion dollars to buy a stake in the company. Ultimately, the ESOP ended up buying 100% of the stock with borrowed money and Zell will chip in $315 million(much of it a loan) that will give him the right to control 40% of the company. Much of the employee's future is being gambled on the success of the company. A huge risk given everything that has been happening and the now $13 billion debt that the company has to service. One day, there will be lawsuits over this...

Looks like the Tribune Company will file for bankruptcy this week...looks like they need to sell the Cubbies sooner rather than later and Mark Cuban's troubles with the SEC just reduced the number of bidders in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm now a certified PADI Rescue diver, and a Master Scuba Diver!
    Congratulations!

Is just me, or does anyone else find it odd/ironic/can't think of a better word, that you go from being a Master Diver, to a Dive Master?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Congratulations!

Is just me, or does anyone else find it odd/ironic/can't think of a better word, that you go from being a Master Diver, to a Dive Master?
    On the surface, yes, but in reality, no. I was in graduate school (round 1) with a bunch of dive freaks, and for the most part, wordsmiths they're not. They're mostly jumpy and wondering when they can get in the water next.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Alumna View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm now a certified PADI Rescue diver, and a Master Scuba Diver!
    I'm green with envy!

Scuba diving and surfing are two things on my bucket list. I've snorkeled but have not done the scuba yet.

During my days at Duke, I came very close to a scuba class. It was very hard to get into, spaces allocated essentially by lottery system. One semester I won the scuba lottery and got a slot. But a lady friend of mine wanted to take the class and she was really hot so I gave her my place in class.

One of the stupider things testosterone made me do.

Pandora

Is anyone having problems with Pandora, the musical web site today? The site has been on the same song, but isn't playing it.

P.S. The play button is on.

Is anyone having problems with Pandora, the musical web site today? The site has been on the same song, but isn't playing it.

P.S. The play button is on.
    This is odd. The site works in IE, but not Firefox.

This is odd. The site works in IE, but not Firefox.
    Something weird is going on with the quoting over on the main board. When you quote the response to another quote, it's showing the name of the first poster. Is that a change?

I'll use this as a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Something weird is going on with the quoting over on the main board. When you quote the response to another quote, it's showing the name of the first poster. Is that a change?

I'll use this as a test.
    I'm quoting myself to see if the quote is attributed to Tilly.

I'm quoting myself to see if the quote is attributed to Tilly.
    The quote was not attributed to Tilly. I'll have to go back to the main board for further research.

Something's fishy.

The quote was not attributed to Tilly. I'll have to go back to the main board for further research.

Something's fishy.
    Aren't you fishy? Just askin'.

I'll use this as a test.
    Pretty tricky - coming up with a reason to respond to yourself and get your post count up. Just like Tilly, I think I know what is fishy.