Page 2051 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 105115511951200120412049205020512052205320612101215125513051 ... LastLast
Results 41,001 to 41,020 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I can see that. We visited the Breaking Bad house in ABQ and they had a fence up because so many people had been throwing pizzas on the roof.
    Congrats. 41,000...

Lost an absolute barn burner in a third-set tiebreaker 12-10. He's much better than I am and he's also tall and handsome, so therefore not very likable. But I really pushed him and played almost as well as I can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Congrats. 41,000...
    Whoa! That’s worth more than all the doge in the world!

Trimming bushes and felling trees and uprooting stumps.

That's masculine. Chainsaw or axe?

whoa, manly man work...I went for a long walk with wife and dog, then watered Bruce the Spruce and his two siblings. All of this, of course, after the highly successful foray to The Dump. (Proud Boys version).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    whoa, manly man work...I went for a long walk with wife and dog, then watered Bruce the Spruce and his two siblings. All of this, of course, after the highly successful foray to The Dump. (Proud Boys version).
    Afraid to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Afraid to respond.
    the local "unofficial" dump went political for awhile, featured Proud Boy lookalikes eschewing masks last summer, running off paying customers. Patrons like myself convinced the owner this was not good for his business. Local politics!

the local "unofficial" dump went political for awhile, featured Proud Boy lookalikes eschewing masks last summer, running off paying customers. Patrons like myself convinced the owner this was not good for his business. Local politics!
    Well that is really weird. I'm in sales and education and there's not really a great space for me to where my political leanings on my proverbial sleeves. I find it to be strange that someone who owns a business would think that it is reasonable to broadcast their political leanings.

Well that is really weird. I'm in sales and education and there's not really a great space for me to where my political leanings on my proverbial sleeves. I find it to be strange that someone who owns a business would think that it is reasonable to broadcast their political leanings.
    Many people feel the other way around. With things as polarized as they are, some businesses definitely have been broadcasting their beliefs to draw in more customers. I suppose if you run the demographics, it could make sense.

When I ran my shop, I was incredibly careful to say nothing political and to keep politics off our social media. Plenty of other places for me to speak my mind.

Many people feel the other way around. With things as polarized as they are, some businesses definitely have been broadcasting their beliefs to draw in more customers. I suppose if you run the demographics, it could make sense.

When I ran my shop, I was incredibly careful to say nothing political and to keep politics off our social media. Plenty of other places for me to speak my mind.
    My audience skews very educated and Progressive in their political leanings. During personal interactions with them I find that they have a tendency to broadcast this to me and then I will share my leanings.
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 05-22-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Are you going to play volleyball?
    I believe I have played v-ball in that tee before. Probably tennis as well. My gym is starting pickup volleyball games again. I am afraid I would embarrass myself if I tried to play now. Although, I am pretty sure my serve still rocks!

That's masculine. Chainsaw or axe?
    Chainsaw, handsaw and pick axe.

I did also go to Starbucks and order my wife an iced Grande decaf caramel macchiato with 1 pump and cinnamon coffee cake.

So, balance.

That would make me uncomfortable about dumping.

yes, the smart folks keep their politics quiet. I often know the politics of people with whom I do business, but unless they're completely idiotic about it, I don't let it affect me. I live in a small town, I know folks who won't go into certain stores, but it's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I often find myself with the munchies after dinner. I can either go to the guy less than a mile away whose politics I don't like, but he's cool about it, we avoid the topic and get along fine. My alternative is to drive four miles to another store. I go to the guy close by.

Dump Guy (he is a trash hauler who runs a private service on Saturdays from 8-noon, deploys dumpsters very close to where I live), charges the same as the official State dumps. At the beginning of The Covid and mask wearing, three long bearded chaps started hanging out near the dumpsters, softly mocking mask wearers, you had to weave your way around them to get to the dumpsters...told Dump Guy (with whom I've always been cordial) that this was going to cost him business, and the the Beard Boys went away for good. But they were a weird presence for several weeks.

Chainsaw, handsaw and pick axe.

I did also go to Starbucks and order my wife an iced Grande decaf caramel macchiato with 1 pump and cinnamon coffee cake.

So, balance.
    What a great day for you!

What a great day for you!
    You know what, it is, it’s a nice little Saturday.

Maybe hit bed bath and beyond later, I don’t know. Days still young.

yes, the smart folks keep their politics quiet. I often know the politics of people with whom I do business, but unless they're completely idiotic about it, I don't let it affect me. I live in a small town, I know folks who won't go into certain stores, but it's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I often find myself with the munchies after dinner. I can either go to the guy less than a mile away whose politics I don't like, but he's cool about it, we avoid the topic and get along fine. My alternative is to drive four miles to another store. I go to the guy close by.

Dump Guy (he is a trash hauler who runs a private service on Saturdays from 8-noon, deploys dumpsters very close to where I live), charges the same as the official State dumps. At the beginning of The Covid and mask wearing, three long bearded chaps started hanging out near the dumpsters, softly mocking mask wearers, you had to weave your way around them to get to the dumpsters...told Dump Guy (with whom I've always been cordial) that this was going to cost him business, and the the Beard Boys went away for good. But they were a weird presence for several weeks.
    I know me. I would have engaged. This isn't a good thing.

You know what, it is, it’s a nice little Saturday.

Maybe hit bed bath and beyond later, I don’t know. Days still young.
    Tennis, cut a couple of boards to replace on my mother in law's deck, sprayed weeds around her house and mine plus ate 4 double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. Big start to the day.

I'm behind the skilled tonight, homemade veal parmigiana, with capellini...just pounded the veal pieces out on the deck, made an impressive racket.