Page 18 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028681185181018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    are we there yet? are we there yet?
    Yeah, almost. Wait, there it is-- see that sign up ahead?

FOOD NEXT EXIT

Happy Birthday! To my son Sean, that is. 21 today. Just his luck his birthday falls the day after Christmas. Reminds me of my Dad, whose birthday was June 9th, which was always within a week or so of Father's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by j.j. jones View Post
    Yeah, almost. Wait, there it is-- see that sign up ahead?
    I thought we were going to see the

South of the Border Sombrero

Merry Christmas

And Happy Holidays to all!

BostonDevil, it is very kind of you to offer a prize. But I was just joking certainly didn't mean to goad you into it.

Me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought we were going to see the
    (
    snip)

South of the Border Sombrero
    I was expecting South of the Border also - but Stuckey's is also a blast from the past.

Or the:

Gaffney Peach

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I was expecting South of the Border also - but Stuckey's is also a blast from the past.
    The Stuckey's I remember were out west...but I do remember them from our many cross-country car journeys. Ahh, the days of cheap gasoline...
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 12-26-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Looks like we are losing steam or are in a post X-mas stupor

Stuckey's

I've mostly seen empty ones along I-70 - but you always recognize the blue roofs. The picture above is missing the weeds in the parking lot!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    And Happy Holidays to all!

BostonDevil, it is very kind of you to offer a prize. But I was just joking certainly didn't mean to goad you into it.
    Not to worry, I love to knit and it's just a scarf. Scarves are a great excuse to buy nice yarn. I always have a least one scarf on the needles because you can take those projects with you anywhere.

weeds

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've mostly seen empty ones along I-70 - but you always recognize the blue roofs. The picture above is missing the weeds in the parking lot!
    Sadly, this what Stuckey's looks like today:

Remind you of someone?

The Stuckey's I remember were out west...but I do remember them from our many cross-country car journeys. Ahh, the days of cheap gasoline...
    Speaking of out west, here's an interesting sign along an Arizona highway:

Interesting sign, where in AZ? I am there every few months as it is in my territory(I set auto/home/umbrella insurance rates for my company's western states, please keep the boos to a minimum!). I'm tempted to say down near Tucson somewhere, but honestly even after spending 5 years there, much of it just looks exactly the same starting from west of the Valley and down into Tucson.

road sign

Quote Originally Posted by j.j. jones View Post
    Speaking of out west, here's an interesting sign along an Arizona highway:

Is there a family out there by that name? Do they have a son who plays basketball? If so, is he on our recruiting radar?

Interesting sign, where in AZ? I am there every few months as it is in my territory(I set auto/home/umbrella insurance rates for my company's western states, please keep the boos to a minimum!). I'm tempted to say down near Tucson somewhere, but honestly even after spending 5 years there, much of it just looks exactly the same starting from west of the Valley and down into Tucson.
    Hmmm... the caption didn't say. Here's the link.

It is in CA, apparently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzx,_California

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My favorite road sign ever is in Dallas. It's the one for East Northwest Highway.

Southeastern CA is more or less like western AZ and many parts of Southern Nevada.

PS Feels like we are running out of steam...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Good catch. Thanks for the correction. Amazing, but I'm getting a deja vu just looking at the location on the map, as if I've been there before. If it's on I-15, no doubt I've seen it before, having travelled frequently between LA and LV back in the early 80's.

Okay, new thought...best Christmas present you got this year?

Planet Earth on HD DVD(sister) or a new watch(parents)...not sure which yet.

Southeastern CA is more or less like western AZ and many parts of Southern Nevada.

PS Feels like we are running out of steam...
    Just checked the currently active member count, and there's only 14. Probably still a lot of folks on vacation or whatever. Will probably be a little slow until after the New Year's.