1991 & 1992 Locker room Nat Tees

I've been on numerous quests through the internet world trying to find the original 1991 and 1992 National Championship shirt. Do they even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    I've been on numerous quests through the internet world trying to find the original 1991 and 1992 National Championship shirt. Do they even exist?
    Not sure if there was just one official/original t but the 92 team put on a shirt immediately after the final buzzer featuring the taunt (or I should say a response to season-long taunts by the rather loquacious Fab 5) "You Can Talk the Game But Can You Play the Game?" on the obverse and "Duke: We Can Play" on the back. Have two of the shirts in my ensemme (one all but disintegrated in a rather nasty acid bath accident).

Not to be outdone UNC produced similar copies when they took the title in 93. Very nice guys, original.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Not sure if there was just one official/original t but the 92 team put on a shirt immediately after the final buzzer featuring the taunt (or I should say a response to season-long taunts by the rather loquacious Fab 5) "You Can Talk the Game But Can You Play the Game?" on the obverse and "Duke: We Can Play" on the back. Have two of the shirts in my ensemme (one all but disintegrated in a rather nasty acid bath accident).

Not to be outdone UNC produced similar copies when they took the title in 93. Very nice guys, original.
    I was just about to post this same memory. 13 year old me had one of those shirts and I wore it until it became a belly button baring nightmare. I also have a threadbare official 1992 championship shirt that I found at a Goodwill and wear to the bar for special Duke games... My wife says it's "disgusting." I prefer "vintage."

I have a "you can talk the game but can you play the game" shirt unworn among a few of my 91/92 keepsakes.

I was a student at the time and frankly in 91 and 92 there were so many different national championship shirts- memory says there were at least 20 designs and on different color shirts (black/grey/blue/white).

I'm not quite sure when it started but the era of "locker room" gear is pretty cool for a fan(atic) but I think instead of a floodgate of design, there seems to be fewer options today. (Not a bad thing, I have certainly propped up Duke and Nike enough with all my hat and t-shirt purchases for me and my family).

-g

I also had the you can talk the game shirt from 92. But my favorite shirt of those 2 championship years was the Duke takes a bite out of Tark's Sharks. Wore it my first day of high school and it was about 8 sizes to big. Now I think it is a tattered mess at my Mom's house.

I still have my "It's Sweet to Repeat" shirt. Got a giant hole in it. The cool one I had from 1991 had a cartoon Blue Devil catching a shark (ie Tark the Shark). (Nash beat me to it)

I also have my Duke basketball camp shirt from that era, back in the Adidas days.