Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Carolina Panthers 2022 - Mayfield & More

I don't see a '22 thread, and figured there should be one.
    To kick things off, figuratively, Baker Mayfield has been named the starter for Week 1. I am hoping he shines, and also hoping that CMC is able to last more than half a season without injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eveland-browns
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I don't see a '22 thread, and figured there should be one.
    To kick things off, figuratively, Baker Mayfield has been named the starter for Week 1. I am hoping he shines, and also hoping that CMC is able to last more than half a season without injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eveland-browns
    Much like my Seahawks, I see the Panthers as playing with house money for having LOST the Deshawn Watson sweepstakes.

Getting by with Baker/Geno means that Seattle and Carolina are streets ahead, regardless of their records this year.

i'm hoping that the browns' fans are as sad as the falcons' fans...here's to baker having an awesome season !!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I hope Progressive Insurance continues the "At Home With Baker Mayfield" commercials, including a "moving day" spot.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

They had no choice. Darnold is literally one of the worst quarterbacks in the nfl the past three seasons. I'm not Kedsy, so I won't even look it up, let alone post thorough stats. But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he had the lowest QBR in the league for more than one of those years.
    Baker Mayfield hasn't been lighting the world on fire, but the he is a far sight better than Darnold.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    They had no choice. Darnold is literally one of the worst quarterbacks in the nfl the past three seasons. I'm not Kedsy, so I won't even look it up, let alone post thorough stats. But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he had the lowest QBR in the league for more than one of those years.
    Baker Mayfield hasn't been lighting the world on fire, but the he is a far sight better than Darnold.
    Yes, Baker at QB might even have me rooting for the Panthers this season, and who knows, I might end up with McCaffrey as my lead running back on one of my 3 fantasy football teams. I did hear he was the biggest risk-reward player in the NFL. Draft night is Tuesday, August 30th.

I like Baker, and have a suspicion that the issues in Cleveland were more some kind of dumb locker room drama/beef than a matter of him being an outright bad teammate. No guarantees but I think he could do well with the Panthers. As others have noted it will certainly help if CMC can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I like Baker, and have a suspicion that the issues in Cleveland were more some kind of dumb locker room drama/beef than a matter of him being an outright bad teammate. No guarantees but I think he could do well with the Panthers. As others have noted it will certainly help if CMC can stay healthy.
    Second chances can also be attitude incentives, as well.

That roughing the passer flag was just as bogus as the one called against Duke yesterday.

Too bad that it took 4 quarters for the Panthers to look like a decent team.

panthers did what they do best....lose in the 4th qtr...

sigh....

last year, we were 3-0 with sam darnold and a much worse O-line...

go figure...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    panthers did what they do best...lose in the 4th qtr...

sigh...

last year, we were 3-0 with sam darnold and a much worse O-line...

go figure...
    Today's loss was a win for Daniel Jones and another nail in Rhule's coffin. (Now on an eight game losing streak.) I'm ok with that simply for those two reasons.

It was great to see CMC productive again.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 09-18-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Today's loss was a win for Daniel Jones and another nail in Rhule's coffin. (Now on an eight game losing streak.) I'm ok with that simply for those two reasons.

It was great to see CMC productive again.
    We agree.

We’re going to next week’s game vs. New Orleans.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Today's loss was a win for Daniel Jones and another nail in Rhule's coffin. (Now on an eight game losing streak.)
    i think that was nine in a row...

i think that was nine in a row...
    his offense needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    his offense needs work.
    The Panthers need an overhaul in the coaching department.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    The Panthers need an overhaul in the coaching department.
    Thankfully we have Tepper piloting the ship, and like said, he doesn't put up with mediocrity.
    Apparently tolerating total suckitude is just fine, though.

tepper is in a mess in rock hill...

i bet CMC is saying "oh, this crap again - how do i get out of this chicken-s#*T outfit?"

tepper is in a mess in rock hill...
    What happened there? Building a team facility should be an easy thing to get done. "at some point we may get back to it" Yikes.

A win's a win!

A win's a win!
    i'll take it...