Page 595 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 9549554558559359459559659760564569510951595 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have been busy figuring out how much getting into Thursday's game is worth to me...
    I'd go if I were you. Just as long as you are not a bad omen.

Think about how many times you have seen them play in person in the last 5-10 years.

Regional SF. Possible Regional Final.

"Special"

Hill to Laettner...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd go if I were you. Just as long as you are not a bad omen.

Think about how many times you have seen them play in person in the last 5-10 years.

Regional SF. Possible Regional Final.

"Special"

Hill to Laettner...
    What DD said. x10.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Here's a dilemma, through a very wonderful friend, my husband and I now have tickets to Thursday's game. I know, what's the dilemma? Well, Duke-Villanova is the late game and it's a school night. We're talking getting home at 1am. There is no way I can get a babysitter and I'm loathe to leave my 15 year-old in charge when we're out that late because he's not real good at getting his brothers to go to bed. I could see getting home to a microwave popcorn movie fest as they all sit up watching the complete Star Wars saga. Solution? I think I may let hubby and the 15 year-old go and I'll stay home. I know, best mom ever, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm home.
    Glad you're home, sorry USC lost. Was rooting hard for you/them. Are the women still in the tourney?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Glad you're home, sorry USC lost. Was rooting hard for you/them. Are the women still in the tourney?
    The women never were.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Solution? I think I may let hubby and the 15 year-old go and I'll stay home. I know, best mom ever, right?
    Or, you take the 15 yo and the hubby stays home! Let him be the best dad ever for a change
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Here's a dilemma, through a very wonderful friend, my husband and I now have tickets to Thursday's game. I know, what's the dilemma? Well, Duke-Villanova is the late game and it's a school night. We're talking getting home at 1am. There is no way I can get a babysitter and I'm loathe to leave my 15 year-old in charge when we're out that late because he's not real good at getting his brothers to go to bed. I could see getting home to a microwave popcorn movie fest as they all sit up watching the complete Star Wars saga. Solution? I think I may let hubby and the 15 year-old go and I'll stay home. I know, best mom ever, right?
    That is a dilemma! Wish I could help out. I'd watch them for you, but there are those pesky 600 or so miles between us.

Or, you take the 15 yo and the hubby stays home! Let him be the best dad ever for a change
    Uh, heck yeah!

I'd vote for this option

Smile Well maybe...

Solution for everyone: Have Ymo babysit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Another option - hubby and 15 year old stay home. BD takes Ymo to game. Or would that ruin his amateur acting status - it would be like you paid him for the play he was in.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    In hubby's defense, when we scored some last minute Celtics tickets a couple of weeks ago, he stayed home and I took the 15 year-old (we can call him Andrew). So, Andrew makes out most of the time. I have been to NCAA tourney games before and even a Final Four (1986) so . . .

Best ever tourney game for me, 1989, Meadowlands, Phil Henderson dunking on Mourning, I saw it live.

One of my friends at work (a Tarheel no less!) has a friend who is looking to make some money who might be willing to babysit, so, there may be a babysitting option afterall.

I'd have to weigh out the pros and cons here. What is the real, long-term damage that comes from microwave popcorn movie fest? Is it going to affect the kids SAT scores? Will they end up at Kerlina instead of Duke? Probably not.

I say you and Mr. Bostondevil go to the game and have a blast! Give the fifteen year old a chance to shine. I remember my parents doing the same, and my brother and I really appreciated the trust and confidence they showed us. This is, assuming of course, you do trust that he won't burn the house down or throw a raging house party. So if the kids stay up late and lose some sleep, it's only one day out of approximately 28,000. Don't sweat it.

Of course, this is easy advice to give if you don't have any children.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Plain Kefir, honey bunches of oats. The sweetness is good with the Kefir which is a little sour.
    Your post inspired me to go shopping. My current breakfast combo consists of plain granola, vanilla yogurt, pecans, and crasins. Recognize some common features?

Condo closing?

Hey ArkieDukie, when do you close on your condo?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I'd have to weigh out the pros and cons here. What is the real, long-term damage that comes from microwave popcorn movie fest? Is it going to affect the kids SAT scores? Will they end up at Kerlina instead of Duke? Probably not.

I say you and Mr. Bostondevil go to the game and have a blast! Give the fifteen year old a chance to shine. I remember my parents doing the same, and my brother and I really appreciated the trust and confidence they showed us. This is, assuming of course, you do trust that he won't burn the house down or throw a raging house party. So if the kids stay up late and lose some sleep, it's only one day out of approximately 28,000. Don't sweat it.

Of course, this is easy advice to give if you don't have any children.
    Yeah - my parents went househunting and left oldest sibling (18) in charge. They called to check on us - elementary school age kids are talking to parents as oldest sibling and 2 friends are sleeping off the party on various sofas in the house, cards all over the floor, etc. So BD may want to rethink leaving 15 year old in charge - not that "Andrew" will do anything wrong but you never know.

On the other hand - sibling was a Nat'l Merit scholar and went to an Ivy League school.

I hope the possible babysitter works out for you, BD, so you and hubby can go cheer extra loud for those of us miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Hey ArkieDukie, when do you close on your condo?
    Tentatively set for April 24. I've had all sorts of problems with my loan - I'm currently on my 2nd loan officer and 2nd insurance agency. Fortunately this appears to be the winning combination.

My little bit of advice: do NOT let a personal banker do a mortgage for you. B of A does this, and it causes nothing but trouble. I say this based on my case, the case of someone else that I know, and the comments of the B of A Mortgage person that's handling my loan now. I had to start from scratch on my loan app because they prequalified me for a loan that I wouldn't have been able to get. Once I got someone who knew what they were doing, I qualified for a loan with lower closing costs and a lower interest rate. Assuming the loan goes through, that is.

The other thing I have learned is that condos are harder to buy than houses are. More condos are in foreclosure, so the loan qualification criteria are more stringent. Live and learn.

In hubby's defense, when we scored some last minute Celtics tickets a couple of weeks ago, he stayed home and I took the 15 year-old (we can call him Andrew). So, Andrew makes out most of the time.
    How's the 2nd youngest feel about not getting the nod to go this time? (I ask as a 2nd child who always resented her older brother getting to do stuff just because he was 'older.')

Gads, get the baby sitter & go!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Ymo will be at the game with tickets he overpaid for with someone that DA knows who is driving up from NYC. It has been 10 years since I have seen Duke live in the NCAA tournament. Thus my overpayment on said tickets.