Page 26 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Ignacio Rissotto of the Stepien had a scouting report on Dieng a few months ago. This is when Dieng was listed as a 6'6" PG.

Ousmane Dieng was one of the main offensive weapons for France at the latest FIBA U16 European Championship, where he was able to show the foundation of a versatile offensive arsenal. Dieng is comfortable with the ball in his hands and is able to create drives thanks to his body control on the move, shoot off the dribble out of screens and run plays for others, being able to distribute the ball over the top of the defense thanks to his 6’6″ size.\

A huge part of Dieng’s case as a prospect comes from that same 6’6″ size that allows him to to take advantage of smaller opponents on both ends of the floor. When playing at the two next to another point guard, Dieng’s production can drop a bit, especially on defense where he still needs to gain strength to be effective covering wings. Still, the foundational skillset at his size and the flashes of shooting off movement make him one of the most interesting prospects in this class.

Yeah, but

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Is that because, at 6'9", he weighs as much as 6'2" Goldwire?

In fairness to Ingram, who looked really really skinny in high school and college, Ingram was listed at 195-200lb going into college. Dieng has a lot of BBQ to eat before then...
    Brandon had at least ten pounds of tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    According to 247, Duke has reached out to French 6'9" 185lb Ousmane Dieng. Scheyer etc had a session with Dieng recently. Dieng reportedly fashions his game off Brandon Ingram.
    Really like his game. He would be excellent at Duke.

Wonder what the staff thinks of him vs other guards and wings they’re going after.

I too...

believe Dieng would be a fit at Duke. Can't believe he wouldn't give K a good chance to get him. Being recruited by Duke means something special all over the world.

Everything I've read about Chandler over the last month or so favors Tennessee.

Does anyone know if we're realistically still in this?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Everything I've read about Chandler over the last month or so favors Tennessee.

Does anyone know if we're realistically still in this?
    My personal belief is that it is way too early to call Chandler (or Banchero, for that matter) a lock for anywhere. Duke is talking to Chandler. He's said that he really likes Duke and that he's listed them among his final list of schools. He's leaving the state of Tennessee to play a year at a prep school in Kansas. My guess is that a coach at Tennessee was talking to recruiting experts and said something like how they feel they have a really good chance with Chandler and people have run with that. It's an information-poor environment right now, so any kind of statement or rumor is going to have legs. All I know is that Duke is in this recruitment with Chandler. He may end up in Knoxville or further east along I-40. We probably won't know for sure until 2021.

^ Apparently his dad said recently that KC will make a decision this fall.

Jeremy Roach
    Ousmane Dieng
    Adrian Griffin, Jr.
    Patrick Baldwin, Jr.
    Mark Williams

I think that could very well be our starting five for tip-off against Kentucky in MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer Duke View Post
    Jeremy Roach
    Ousmane Dieng
    Adrian Griffin, Jr.
    Patrick Baldwin, Jr.
    Mark Williams

I think that could very well be our starting five for tip-off against Kentucky in MSG.
    Can Dieng guard the 2? Also is there actual interest there or is he getting hyped because he’s a new offer

Jeremy Roach
    Ousmane Dieng
    Adrian Griffin, Jr.
    Patrick Baldwin, Jr.
    Mark Williams

I'd like to think Joey Baker as a senior would start over an unproven freshman, especially in the season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I'd like to think Joey Baker as a senior would start over an unproven freshman, especially in the season opener.
    But, you know, the shiny new toy and all.

Jeremy Roach
    Ousmane Dieng
    Adrian Griffin, Jr.
    Patrick Baldwin, Jr.
    Mark Williams

Caleb Houstan could take Dieng's spot.

Recruiting is fluid, as I'm sure everyone here knows.

Haven't posted here much but look forward to posting more. I'm thankful I remembered my password!

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Dieng/Houstan, Baldwin, and Griffin are all lottery pick type freshmen. I think Joey is going to do very well for himself in the Jack White role.

Jeremy Roach
    Ousmane Dieng
    Adrian Griffin, Jr.
    Patrick Baldwin, Jr.
    Mark Williams

Where do you see D.J. Steward in this scenario? Sixth man? NBA? Something else.

Dieng/Houstan, Baldwin, and Griffin are all lottery pick type freshmen. I think Joey is going to do very well for himself in the Jack White role.
    He might have NBA aspirations and not want to play that role. 2021 recruiting class is exciting, but it could also scare off anyone from returning and lead to depth issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    He might have NBA aspirations and not want to play that role. 2021 recruiting class is exciting, but it could also scare off anyone from returning and lead to depth issues.
    Every Duke player has NBA aspirations. But if he does, he has a ton of development ahead of him.

Joey is very one dimensional right now. I’d love to see him be a super sixth man or, even better, potential starter this year. If he achieves that, the NBA is within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Where do you see D.J. Steward in this scenario? Sixth man? NBA? Something else.
    Oh I think D.J. Steward is a OAD caliber player.

Oh I think D.J. Steward is a OAD caliber player.
    Fair enough. But if Roach, Moore, Johnson and Hurt all start does he get enough PT off the bench to make that case?

Or does he start ahead of one of the above-mentioned quartet?

I'd be surprised. Maybe not stunned. But surprised.

That's why I expect Steward back for his sophomore season.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Fair enough. But if Roach, Moore, Johnson and Hurt all start does he get enough PT off the bench to make that case?

Or does he start ahead of one of the above-mentioned quartet?

I'd be surprised. Maybe not stunned. But surprised.

That's why I expect Steward back for his sophomore season.
    I think that quartet needs another shooter. Roach, Moore, and Johnson are not known for being great shooters.

I think by conference play D.J. could certainly be starting.

The lineup I want to see is Jalen, Moore, Steward, Hurt, and Brakefield. I know the likelihood is low. But that's my dream.

Brakefield may surprise people, as should Henry. They are undervalued by the services.