Page 310 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 2102603003083093103113123203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 67755
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Just to share here --

I'm going crab hunting tomorrow!

I suppose others might say, "I'm going crabbing," but that, to me, implies using a trap or bait line. I'll actually be SCUBA diving, chasing after the little buggers. (Well, big buggers, as they have to be a certain size and all.) It is more of an actual hunt, as I have to find and grab them up.

Shortly after the dive - ymm, crab boil!

And Devildeac, I picked up a couple growlers of beer from the local Mac & Jack's brewery, to add to the feast. Can't wait.
    Crab Hunting and a Crab Boil. I am seriously jealous. Post your Crab Boil recipe on the Official Recipe Thread. It needs resurrecting.

We are almost at 300 pages...

I can't believe I'm up this early posting on DBR.

Oh big news my friends, I'm going to Hawaii in April/May. My parents bought the tix last night and guess what? They only cost $10 each. Thank you Mom and Dad for using your credit card to accumulate points, then buy $10 tix to Hawaii.

We're going to Oahu for a few days, then on to Hawaii. Woo hoo!!!!

I was born in Hawaii. We left when I was 6 months old. I haven't been back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I was born in Hawaii. We left when I was 6 months old. I haven't been back yet.
    I was born in Charleston and I have been back. I suppose that's not the same though.

Smile Free tickets ... sort of

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I can't believe I'm up this early posting on DBR.

Oh big news my friends, I'm going to Hawaii in April/May. My parents bought the tix last night and guess what? They only cost $10 each. Thank you Mom and Dad for using your credit card to accumulate points, then buy $10 tix to Hawaii.

We're going to Oahu for a few days, then on to Hawaii. Woo hoo!!!!
    If you're going on Delta, you'll pay for your bags. Then if you need an aisle seat like I do, you'll pay even more. And then if fuel goes up, you'll pay more (but the price will never go down). And those food items? Earphones? Soda? And then there's the Homeland Security Tax.

I long ago gave up on the illusion of free tickets.

Still, $98 to Hawaii is a steal! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    If you're going on Delta, you'll pay for your bags. Then if you need an aisle seat like I do, you'll pay even more. And then if fuel goes up, you'll pay more (but the price will never go down). And those food items? Earphones? Soda? And then there's the Homeland Security Tax.

I long ago gave up on the illusion of free tickets.

Still, $98 to Hawaii is a steal! Congrats!
    1. Lavabe, it's not like you're 7' tall.
    2. Food- bring your own. Make a sandwich, stop at Subway, whatever. Bring snacks too. Or a piece of fruit. (HI is a 4 hr flight for me, and I'm in CA.) At least you'll make friends on the flight. Hahaha... people on flights to HI tend to be quite easygoing and happy. Gee, I wonder why...
    3. Bring headphones.
    4. It's Hawaii... you don't have to pack too much- swimsuits, shorts/skirts/capris and tops, sundresses- it's quite casual. And you can get throwaway stuff there (sunscreen, towels, etc).

As an aside, the best sunscreen I have EVER used I discovered in HI. Australian Gold is the brand- it's so good that a co-worker went to HI and i gave him cash to get me some because for some reason it's not available in the states.

Have a great time! I was on Maui last year... I wish I could've gone to the Big Island to see the volcano, but alas, that will have to be another trip.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    1. Lavabe, it's not like you're 7' tall.
    2. Food- bring your own. Make a sandwich, stop at Subway, whatever. Bring snacks too. Or a piece of fruit. (HI is a 4 hr flight for me, and I'm in CA.) At least you'll make friends on the flight. Hahaha... people on flights to HI tend to be quite easygoing and happy. Gee, I wonder why...
    3. Bring headphones.
    4. It's Hawaii... you don't have to pack too much- swimsuits, shorts/skirts/capris and tops, sundresses- it's quite casual. And you can get throwaway stuff there (sunscreen, towels, etc).
    6'7" 240 lbs, with long arms and legs. I can barely move my arms during the snack/drink portion of the flight.

Well, at least I'm not 7-1. I'd never hear the end of it on Snrubchat!

6'7" 240 lbs, with long arms and legs. I can barely move my arms during the snack/drink portion of the flight.

Can you dunk?

I know you're tall... I've seen the Brunchgate pics.

I used to work with a guy who was about 6'7 or so... some little kid came up to him one time and asked how tall he was- if he was 7 feet tall (in awe). Guy answered, "No, I'm 6'12"."

He was then known as 6-12. Whenever we'd call him on the radio or ask someone about him, it'd be, "Where's 6-12?"

I used to work with a guy who was about 6'7 or so... some little kid came up to him one time and asked how tall he was- if he was 7 feet tall (in awe). Guy answered, "No, I'm 6'12"."

He was then known as 6-12. Whenever we'd call him on the radio or ask someone about him, it'd be, "Where's 6-12?"
    Growing up (and still today among a lot of people), I went by Wil. Not Will. It's short for Wilson, not William, so there's no reason for it to have 2 L's. As you might imagine, this has been cause for considerable confusion on a lot of people's part. Sometimes when asked my name for a list or something, I'll say, "Wil...with one L."
    So a few people over the years have taken to calling me One L. I always rather liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Growing up (and still today among a lot of people), I went by Wil. Not Will. It's short for Wilson, not William, so there's no reason for it to have 2 L's. As you might imagine, this has been cause for considerable confusion on a lot of people's part. Sometimes when asked my name for a list or something, I'll say, "Wil...with one L."
    So a few people over the years have taken to calling me One L. I always rather liked that one.
    Can we shorten it further (in writing, anyway) to 1L? Hey 1L... What's for dinner, 1L?

Perhaps this requires a new thread about nicknames.

Talking Shout out to devildeac and CBaB

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Can you dunk?
    I got hops!

I got hops!
    Shweet! I need to get to the gym and work out. I wanna dunk.

I got hops!
    Hey, this actually isn't about beer.

Hey, this actually isn't about beer.
    At least my sister caught the shout out and message!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Can you dunk?
    BWAHAHAHA

He has a 4 inch vertical, 1 inch more than OZZIE. And about 1 inch less than me.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    bwahahaha

he has a 4 inch vertical, 1 inch more than ozzie. And about 1 inch less than me.
    LOL. Literally

I know you're tall... I've seen the Brunchgate pics.

Some 7 footers won't admit it and will list/quote their height as 6' 11 3/4".

Too much stiggie-mata associated with the 7 foot mantra.

I got hops!
    The only hops you have are in your IPAs (and PAs and barleywines and...)