Page 2909 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1909240928092859289929072908290929102911291929593009 ... LastLast
Results 58,161 to 58,180 of 67397
    I feel like throwing some apostrophes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I once heard someone refer to them as "high commas".

Like punctuation defenestration?

Actual comments from my text chain, maybe this will give you some inspiration

Having my son's over for dinner on Sunday
    I train 6 day's body sculpting
    They are just like Italian's
    Now a day's all ladies want to be catered to
    Love broadway play's
    Make's two of us
    I do lot's of parties and big events
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Love broadway play's
    Make's two of us

That's the ticket!

Love broadway play's
    Make's two of us
    Definitely not a deal breaker. But I grew up in Surry County NC and attended public schools. So...

Love broadway play's
    Make's two of us
    all very interesting...just a few extraneous comments from me: be advised, this is NOT a value judgment, just some stuff I've read about...is this person college educated? One stat I've read a lot about (and it may not be relevant here in the least, but that won't stop me) is that people are more apt to marry someone of another race than they are to marry someone from a different socioeconomic level...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    all very interesting...just a few extraneous comments from me: be advised, this is NOT a value judgment, just some stuff I've read about...is this person college educated? One stat I've read a lot about (and it may not be relevant here in the least, but that won't stop me) is that people are more apt to marry someone of another race than they are to marry someone from a different socioeconomic level...
    But how does Rich find someone from his lofty status and how do I find someone from the dregs who isn't in jail and coked out (also not deal breakers for me individually).

Of course, hotness can bump someone up the socioeconomic stairs for a bit, and a subsequent divorce settlement can lock it in.
    I think that a misunderstanding of the role of underpants in this dynamic is what got those gnomes started.

I don't know if she's college educated but I would probably be more likely to seek a relationship with a college educated and professional woman of another race than a white woman from a different socioeconomic level. Does that make me elitist?

As I've entered the dating world at this point of my life, though, there are SO MANY other (more important) variables that impact the "checklist." Kids? Family? Previously (or never) married? Why divorced? Relationship with ex? How religious? Is she a professional? If yes, how much time does she devote to work? Does she have time for a relationship? How does she envision spending the rest of her life? Interested in traveling? Is she looking for someone to support her or for more of a partnership?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    But how does Rich find someone from his lofty status and how do I find someone from the dregs who isn't in jail and coked out (also not deal breakers for me individually).
    I have evidence that Clemmons is hitting on me, but I'm playing hard to get
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Sooooo good!!!!!

Love broadway play's
    Make's two of us
    So you know you’re going to be a suspect when she goes missing and the texts from her phone to her family and friends that she “just needed to get away for a while” are all perfectly spelled and punctuated.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    So you know you’re going to be a suspect when she goes missing and the texts from her phone to her family and friends that she “just needed to get away for a while” are all perfectly spelled and punctuated.
    That’s some dark juju missfinch

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s some dark juju missfinch
    It's how I "collected" Mtn and DinK. And by "collected" I mean met for lunch and a beer respectively. Of course. Also looking forward to seeing you soon OPK!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It's how I "collected" Mtn and DinK. And by "collected" I mean met for lunch and a beer respectively. Of course. Also looking forward to seeing you soon OPK!
    So you’re saying maybe a forensic linguist should take a look at their recent posts?

I don't know if she's college educated but I would probably be more likely to seek a relationship with a college educated and professional woman of another race than a white woman from a different socioeconomic level. Does that make me elitist?

As I've entered the dating world at this point of my life, though, there are SO MANY other (more important) variables that impact the "checklist." Kids? Family? Previously (or never) married? Why divorced? Relationship with ex? How religious? Is she a professional? If yes, how much time does she devote to work? Does she have time for a relationship? How does she envision spending the rest of her life? Interested in traveling? Is she looking for someone to support her or for more of a partnership?

No, doesn't make you elitist in the least, it's just the way most people (according to sociologists) tend to view things.
    Good list of variables you mention. Another, which for me could be a deal breaker for sure, is politics. VERY much so.
    And then of course there are just our own personal quirks...my wife and I agree that there are certain table manners that would be a deal breaker...no, I guess we're not too enlightened, but that's the way we are...

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    So you’re saying maybe a forensic linguist should take a look at their recent posts?
    *they’re

No, doesn't make you elitist in the least, it's just the way most people (according to sociologists) tend to view things.
    Good list of variables you mention. Another, which for me could be a deal breaker for sure, is politics. VERY much so.
    And then of course there are just our own personal quirks...my wife and I agree that there are certain table manners that would be a deal breaker...no, I guess we're not too enlightened, but that's the way we are...
    Absolutely agree on the politics. There was a time when I was younger that I might have considered “reaching across the aisle.” But not now. Unfortunately, as James Carville once noted, it makes it tough when you eliminate half of the dating pool off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    *they’re
    Excellent.