Page 2885 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 18852385278528352875288328842885288628872895293529853385 ... LastLast
Results 57,681 to 57,700 of 67749
    I couldn't imagine going to a Hooters, Chilis or Applebees for any reason. I was in a small airport one time and I told my boss the only restaurant was a Chili's. She responded with: "Jesus. Why don't you just go lick the mats they place in front of the urinals?!?!" It was the basis of our friendship.

That explains why those mats are always so worn down. Elitists.

7:30 AM meetings are the bane to my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    That explains why those mats are always so worn down. Elitists.
    Please don't ever think I'm not an elitist. I definitely am.

My MIL was watching my kids when they were probably 8 and 6. Taking them to dinner and this exchange occurs.
    MIL: "Let's go to dinner. Do y'all like Applebee's?"
    My daughter: "We have never been."
    MIL: "You know you've been to Applebee's! It's right down the street! Everyone has been to Applebee's!"
    My daughter: "Nana. Daddy would never take us anywhere that has a commercial."

I'm an amazing father. She is now 21. Never been to Applebee's.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My MIL was watching my kids when they were probably 8 and 6. Taking them to dinner and this exchange occurs.
    MIL: "Let's go to dinner. Do y'all like Applebee's?"
    My daughter: "We have never been."
    MIL: "You know you've been to Applebee's! It's right down the street! Everyone has been to Applebee's!"
    My daughter: "Nana. Daddy would never take us anywhere that has a commercial."

I'm an amazing father. She is now 21. Never been to Applebee's.
    Girl I dated in high school back in Charlotte - her family ALWAYS went out to eat on Saturday night. And it was always lowest common denominator chain restaurants. Applebee's, Olive Garden, Outback... and being Saturday in Charlotte it was ALWAYS about a 90 minute wait.

What a waste of time and money.

I’ve gone terribly wrong because my daughters love Applebee’s

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    People like the consistency. Ralph Waldo Emerson would have HATED Applebee's.

My trees are confused and have started dropping their leaves. Hoping it all goes well. Normally they drop them in late February, early March so this is unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    My parents like their local Chili's. They've been to every continent(well technically not Antarctica, but close enough to hit it with a rock if they had one to throw) and dined in many a hole in the wall places on many a strange thing. (Staple in my father's diet as a child was whale blubber.) They like it because they they can rotate through 7 or 8 dishes and not have the same thing more than a few times a year. And much like Cheers, they have several people they know and see there every week. Yes, every week. Also, it beats cooking. On the weekends they will throw in a random place but two days a week they go to Chili's and Carrabba's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Girl I dated in high school back in Charlotte - her family ALWAYS went out to eat on Saturday night. And it was always lowest common denominator chain restaurants. Applebee's, Olive Garden, Outback... and being Saturday in Charlotte it was ALWAYS about a 90 minute wait.

What a waste of time and money.
    Olive Garden breadsticks are worth the money.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Olive Garden breadsticks are worth the money.
    You're a monster!!!!!!

one of the things I like most living where I do is that we have far fewer (soulless) chain restaurants, more chef owned places serving real food, not just stuff yanked from a freezer...I agree that they do serve a purpose, but the food is largely indistinguishable (which is often the point).

How do you thrown out of an Appleby’s?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How do you thrown out of an Appleby’s?
    Anything is possible at Club Applebee’s

Check Out The Debauchery When Applebee's Turns Into 'Club Applebee's' After 10 PM

Late-Night Debauchery At 'Club Applebee's' Has Helped Boost Its Stock

I remember reading about this. I didn't realize it was a decade ago!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My parents like their local Chili's. They've been to every continent(well technically not Antarctica, but close enough to hit it with a rock if they had one to throw) and dined in many a hole in the wall places on many a strange thing. (Staple in my father's diet as a child was whale blubber.) They like it because they they can rotate through 7 or 8 dishes and not have the same thing more than a few times a year. And much like Cheers, they have several people they know and see there every week. Yes, every week. Also, it beats cooking. On the weekends they will throw in a random place but two days a week they go to Chili's and Carrabba's.
    My parents' choice was Perkins, but same idea. They made such good friendships that they would have their favorite waitress over to their house socially on occasion. There are worse things to do in retirement.

When Chili's first arrived in Durham, in the mid to late 80s, I LOVED IT!!!! Their mozzarella sticks were new to us and their chocolate shakes rocked!

Spent a semester in Europe (Fall 1990) and found a Chili's in Innsbruck, Austria. We thought we had found heaven b/c we had been missing American food. Chowed down on some chicken nachos (American food!).

Then in the early-mid 90s we loved their margaritas and complimentary (and complementary) chips and salsa.

Chili's sucks now.

I came across this link and I just had to LOL!

https://www.marketwatch.com/picks/my...lp-01672699874

My wife and I are in our 30s and are working in the Bay Area and making about $320,000 combined yearly. We live an average life and watch every dollar that we spend.
    Umm, no. The Bay Area might be expensive, but pulling in that much is still going to be ~$18k/mo after taxes. It ain't that expensive. You aren't living an average life. Shut up and cope.

Thank you. I needed to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    My parents' choice was Perkins, but same idea. They made such good friendships that they would have their favorite waitress over to their house socially on occasion. There are worse things to do in retirement.
    South Dakota? The only Perkins I have ever seen was in Spearfish, SD. But I’m sure I’ve missed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    South Dakota? The only Perkins I have ever seen was in Spearfish, SD. But I’m sure I’ve missed a lot.
    Minnesota. My parents had their favorite location downsized there toward the end, which was unpleasant at the age they were at the time. I don't know if that was unique to that location or if the franchise is in a bit of trouble. I tend to think the latter. It certainly doesn't have a youthful vibe to it, at any location I've been to.