Page 2990 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1990249028902940298029882989299029912992300030403090 ... LastLast
Results 59,781 to 59,800 of 67384
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Resurfacing the debate of what is a push up. Because the Army I was in, wouldn't have counted most of those.
    I’ll die on this hill.

https://eightiesbaby.net/2019/12/27/flintstones-push-up-pops-the-dessert-of-kings/

New species of ‘giant’ spider discovered hiding underground in Australia, experts say https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...273412725.html

The researchers named the spider Euoplos dignitas, a name meaning “dignity or greatness” that’s intended to reflect the “impressive size and nature of the spider,” museum officials said.

Like I needed another reason not to visit Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’ll die on this hill.

https://eightiesbaby.net/2019/12/27/flintstones-push-up-pops-the-dessert-of-kings/
    Yes. 💯. Push-up pops were the best.

This isn’t gonna be a picture of a bra, is it? I’m on a work computer.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This isn’t gonna be a picture of a bra, is it? I’m on a work computer.
    Bro. Or mansserie.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    New species of ‘giant’ spider discovered hiding underground in Australia, experts say https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...273412725.html

The researchers named the spider Euoplos dignitas, a name meaning “dignity or greatness” that’s intended to reflect the “impressive size and nature of the spider,” museum officials said.

Like I needed another reason not to visit Australia.
    Oh, sh*t, they’re coming for me!!!

“What excites the lead researcher, Dr Michael Rix, most about the discovery of the new creepy crawly, found in the black soil around Eidsvold and Monto, west of Bundaberg, is its size….”

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I will not be clicking on that link.

It is probably time to remind the denizens of the LTE that there is one and only one absolute DO NOT for the LTE regarding posts. There are to be no pictures of spiders posted in the LTE. You can go back to near the beginning to see the discussion. I can't find the post for you because there were some pictures of spiders posted early on. Links to pictures of spiders are allowed as long as they are clearly labeled as such and do not require anyone reading the LTE to actually go look at the pictures.

This is not a joke. We do not post pictures of spiders in the LTE.

Bostondevil has an extreme version of arachnophobia and cannot even look at pictures of spiders. When the pictures were posted the first time around, I had to get one of my sons to come into my office to click away from the picture before I could come back to my computer. Aimo's brother found out about this fear when I was in the 7th grade and used to torment me with a certain page in our science textbook. To be honest, I'm going to be scared to come here for the next few days. Seriously, no spider pictures. You'll scare me away for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I will not be clicking on that link.

It is probably time to remind the denizens of the LTE that there is one and only one absolute DO NOT for the LTE regarding posts. There are to be no pictures of spiders posted in the LTE. You can go back to near the beginning to see the discussion. I can't find the post for you because there were some pictures of spiders posted early on. Links to pictures of spiders are allowed as long as they are clearly labeled as such and do not require anyone reading the LTE to actually go look at the pictures.

This is not a joke. We do not post pictures of spiders in the LTE.

Bostondevil has an extreme version of arachnophobia and cannot even look at pictures of spiders. When the pictures were posted the first time around, I had to get one of my sons to come into my office to click away from the picture before I could come back to my computer. Aimo's brother found out about this fear when I was in the 7th grade and used to torment me with a certain page in our science textbook. To be honest, I'm going to be scared to come here for the next few days. Seriously, no spider pictures. You'll scare me away for weeks.
    I'm scared of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm scared of them too.
    I’m scared of them too to be blunt. But then I moved to a more bucolic environment which actually forced me to cohabitate with them. As I’ve grown older, I’ve gotten less. Willing to kill creatures, indiscriminately and now believe it or not, I will usher most spiders out the door with a broom. I have to admit that, and being a mom and Pop landlord has been somewhat therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I’m scared of them too to be blunt. But then I moved to a more bucolic environment which actually forced me to cohabitate with them. As I’ve grown older, I’ve gotten less. Willing to kill creatures, indiscriminately and now believe it or not, I will usher most spiders out the door with a broom. I have to admit that, and being a mom and Pop landlord has been somewhat therapeutic.
    This where I am. I can handle that as well. But they definitely scare me.

Only Wednesday, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This where I am. I can handle that as well. But they definitely scare me.
    SOME spiders scare me. I’m good with tarantulas and some of the little wispy things in ceiling corners and garden beds. Even though they’re mostly harmless, banana and wolf spiders creep me out at times. There are few things more anxiety inducing than walking into a banana spider web face first and not knowing where that sucker is.

The male of that new trap door species definitely looks a little twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Only Wednesday, sigh.
    Nah, you're mistaken. It's my überFriday.

Next week and a half off for vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Visiting Vermont for mud season are you? Perfect timing on that...don't forget your rubber boots

SOME spiders scare me. I’m good with tarantulas and some of the little wispy things in ceiling corners and garden beds. Even though they’re mostly harmless, banana and wolf spiders creep me out at times. There are few things more anxiety inducing than walking into a banana spider web face first and not knowing where that sucker is.

The male of that new trap door species definitely looks a little twilight zone.
    I think this is seriously cool, personally. My philosophy when it comes to spiders has always been to live and let live, but I don't need to cohabit with them and most spiders are too difficult to remove using humane methods. Also, I draw the line at anything dangerous. I'm not going to leave a Black Widow hanging around anywhere near. But I love to watch spiders. It's like watching aliens. I wouldn't say I love spiders, but I certainly admire them.

I can relate to the phobia thing, though. I went to the desert southwest a few years ago, and I have a heck of time with some of those drop-offs. Not quite as bad as my son, who couldn't even approach some of the fenced-in overlooks, but I've had a few more years than he has to practice using my intellect to overcome the sheer terror. But any drop-off without the fence, and I'm staying several body lengths away. Love the view. Can't stand the height. It was totally bizarre to see some people dangling their legs over the edge of a multi-thousand-foot cliff. There's no way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Visiting Vermont for mud season are you? Perfect timing on that...don't forget your rubber boots
    Oh, I remember Vermont "Spring."

I would love to revisit Vermont one day. It's been over 20 years. But it won't be March.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Good for you buddy! I am off in May. Although we have established that I don't work very hard. I just travel a lot.

I played basketball for the first time in over a year and it looked like I was playing basketball for the first time in over a year. I was playing with 20-year-olds who don't know what a good shot is and that was kind of annoying. But it felt good to get out and run again.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Reminded me of a quote from Jeremiah Johnson.*

"March is a green muddy month down below, some folks like it, FARMERS mostly."

*1972 movie. Time does pass. "I hope that you fare well."

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Reminded me of a quote from Jeremiah Johnson.*

"March is a green muddy month down below, some folks like it, FARMERS mostly."

*1972 movie. Time does pass. "I hope that you fare well."
    Ha, farmers like it mostly so it's done with...can't plow the fields when they have two feet of mud...miserable time of year but the days are getting longer and the sap is running so there is fresh syrup to be had...