Page 2902 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1902240228022852289229002901290229032904291229523002 ... LastLast
Results 58,021 to 58,040 of 67653
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    NSFW, just don't run into Dennis Hopper.

I saw that movie at the theatre in the Bryan Center, it was either part of the Stillwater series or an early release test (like The Killing Fields was there).

That movie messed with me for a few days to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I saw that movie at the theatre in the Bryan Center, it was either part of the Stillwater series or an early release test (like The Killing Fields was there).

That movie messed with me for a few days to be honest.
    It is a strange one. I recall renting it, I think from Sam's?

In honor of Dr. King:

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In honor of Dr. King:

1 of the 2 posters I had on my wall growing up. The reason I became a History major with a concentration in the American Civil Rights Movement.

His telling of the parable of the Good Samaritan is just one highlight of this very powerful speech.

"I've Been to the Mountaintop"

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Beers are an occasion drink. An all day beach day beer is different than a chilly evening in Belgium beer is different than a camping trip beer.
    I've gotten to the point that I can enjoy a wide variety of beers, depending upon circumstances. I always preferred the dark stuff, porters, etc, but I can now enjoy a nice New England Double IPA just fine...we have a plethora of craft beer places up here, some allegedly the best in the world (Alchemist, Hill Farmstead), and a lot of intriguing products...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I've gotten to the point that I can enjoy a wide variety of beers, depending upon circumstances. I always preferred the dark stuff, porters, etc, but I can now enjoy a nice New England Double IPA just fine...we have a plethora of craft beer places up here, some allegedly the best in the world (Alchemist, Hill Farmstead), and a lot of intriguing products...
    Have had a number of Alchemist products. Good stuff. I do think the craft beer scene has gotten too cute. I tried a key lime double IPA a few weeks ago. Like, what were they thinking? It was as bad as it sounds.

Have had a number of Alchemist products. Good stuff. I do think the craft beer scene has gotten too cute. I tried a key lime double IPA a few weeks ago. Like, what were they thinking? It was as bad as it sounds.
    My tastes veer towards the traditional German, Belgian and English beers. I have also gotten into sours recently. Not the fruity stuff as much, but more traditional sours. My all-time, absolute favorite style is the saison though. If I see one of those I am definitely ordering it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My tastes veer towards the traditional German, Belgian and English beers. I have also gotten into sours recently. Not the fruity stuff as much, but more traditional sours. My all-time, absolute favorite style is the saison though. If I see one of those I am definitely ordering it.
    I could have written this. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I could have written this. 👍
    We should hang out.

Not a big sour fan. The traditional European beers, absolutely. Day on the beach or boat or tube, I need light and not American light.

In the winter, I love the whiskey barrel beers along with the heavy Belgians ( beer not people). Allagash is a common whiskey barrel but also delicious b.

Not a big sour fan. The traditional European beers, absolutely. Day on the beach or boat or tube, I need light and not American light.

In the winter, I love the whiskey barrel beers along with the heavy Belgians ( beer not people). Allagash is a common whiskey barrel but also delicious b.
    The Anchor Steam, Yuengling et al are as light as I can go. But i do love a Tecate, Presidente, Sapporo with Latin American/Asian food.

We should have a dedicated beer thread! What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm still somewhat befuddled as to what happened there, but what can ya do?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm still somewhat befuddled as to what happened there, but what can ya do?
    I've heard many different versions. But it wasn't a very happy breakup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

DinK, OPK and I were active-ish on there. I grew up with and love Richard Jackson. The straw that broke the dam (wanted to mix metaphors) was one of them getting kicked off for a political post. But there were other things it seems. I just didn't know about them. I will say this, our beer discussion is more my speed.

DinK, OPK and I were active-ish on there. I grew up with and love Richard Jackson. The straw that broke the dam (wanted to mix metaphors) was one of them getting kicked off for a political post. But there were other things it seems. I just didn't know about them. I will say this, our beer discussion is more my speed.
    I also was semi-regular. I agree with your ascertation of the schism. I dabble in Deeber too, but prefer this forum - mostly because it's so much busier and populated. I can check every hour and get new content.

me too, I know a bunch of those guys, and feel bad they felt compelled to split...I too prefer a less obsessive beer discussion...

I was a very random poster but did attend a virtual beer pub or two. I'm more if a wine drinker than a beer drinker.

I've seen 2 boards splinter from DBR and never fully understood either one.