Page 2606 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 16062106250625562596260426052606260726082616265627063106 ... LastLast
Results 52,101 to 52,120 of 67685
    And also stay in bounds. Stupid!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, apparently we are in the worst possible timeline.
    Okay, I was wrong...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I gotta hand it to Carolina - they find spectacular ways to lose in the Championship game. Between tonight and their last one against Villanova, they have provided 2 of the most heartbreaking losses in recent memory.

Delicious.

(I'm choosing not to remember 2017.)

Glad the heels lost!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Glad the heels lost!
    And spectacularly!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    And spectacularly!

-jk
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If Kansas loses tonight I win my big money pool, about a grand. My wife thinks I’m crazy for still wanting UNC to get demolished. Told her I don’t take blood money.
    I have never been SO happy not to get that cheddar. Thanks freaking Gawd they didn’t win.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I have never been SO happy not to get that cheddar. Thanks freaking Gawd they didn’t win.
    Pretty much what I said when I woke up and heard the news this morning. Now we have SOMETHING to throw back at the trash-talkers in Food Lion.

I am completely perkified, and the sun is out, what could be more better than this? Even uncovered the Adirondack chairs on the deck...

I've seen it reported that Coach K told Hubert Davis in the post-game handshake on Saturday to go win it. Turns out UNC hates Coach K so much, they can't even take that advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I've seen it reported that Coach K told Hubert Davis in the post-game handshake on Saturday to go win it. Turns out UNC hates Coach K so much, they can't even take that advice.
    K had a very nice moment with Bacot after the game where he wished him well and said he was K's ACC Player of the Year. I posted the video on one of the other obsessive UNC threads. It was very tender.

I think we hate UNC a lot more than K does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    K had a very nice moment with Bacot after the game where he wished him well and said he was K's ACC Player of the Year. I posted the video on one of the other obsessive UNC threads. It was very tender.

I think we hate UNC a lot more than K does.
    Of course we do. We're fans.

Sporkable but for the tyranny of must spread. Isn't this actually an indictment of the posters whose posts are not worthy? The good denizens of the LTE would get sporked by me daily and deservedly so. Y'all are punished for your excellence because I'm supposed to give lesser posters A participation trophy.

lesser posters A participation trophy.
    Participation trophies are why we are in the mess we are in...(waves hand in air).

Sporkable but for the tyranny of must spread. Isn't this actually an indictment of the posters whose posts are not worthy? The good denizens of the LTE would get sporked by me daily and deservedly so. Y'all are punished for your excellence because I'm supposed to give lesser posters A participation trophy.
    Is this along the line of why Coach K didn't get coach of the year very often - he was expected to do well?

Confederate monuments are ostensibly participation trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is this along the line of why Coach K didn't get coach of the year very often - he was expected to do well?
    I would argue that is the curse of expectations Plus the University of North Carolina journalism School dominates in the southeast and I think that may have played some part in that as well.

Cannot spork, either. But very worthy.

I wanted to post that analysis to my FB page, but in the end I am friends with some UNC fans that I respect, so I refrained. Getting CD and aimo to tell me it was spork worthy is enough.

I would argue that is the curse of expectations Plus the University of North Carolina journalism School dominates in the southeast and I think that may have played some part in that as well.
    I dunno...I knew a lot of sportswriters and few went to UNC journalism school..they generally are looking for something bigger than being regional sportswriters...but yes, most of the ACC area writers were unc fans who did not like Duke.