Page 666 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 16656661665666466566666766867671676611661666 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,320 of 67394
    Yankees are going to win banner #27 mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Yankees are going to win banner #27 mark my words.
    Nothing personal to you and Ozzie, but I sure hope not!

Excerpt from a Dave Barry Column

A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:

1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!'

2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'

3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'

4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'

5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.'

6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'

7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'

8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'

9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'

10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'

11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'

12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.'

And the best one of all:
    13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'

Very funny stuff, deserving of a moose award.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Not a milestone for the thread but a milestone for me, this is post 1900. What a great reminder that I really ought to be doing something, anything, else!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Not a milestone for the thread but a milestone for me, this is post 1900. What a great reminder that I really ought to be doing something, anything, else!
    Congratulations on Post #1900.

I believe they have been discussed before so I thought I'd share: I had pop tarts for breakfast. They were brown sugar cinnamon without frosting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Congratulations on Post #1900.

I believe they have been discussed before so I thought I'd share: I had pop tarts for breakfast. They were brown sugar cinnamon without frosting.
    I'm not a fan of pop tarts. Oatmeal with stuff was breakfast this morning.

Our café at work supplies Styrofoam containers. Prices vary by cup size. In my attempt to be green, I bring my own cups for coffee and for oatmeal.

The cashier prices my breakfast using a random number generator. Same cashier, same cups everyday. Different prices. I've given up, and just pay the random price.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What are the mean and standard deviation of the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I'm not a fan of pop tarts. Oatmeal with stuff was breakfast this morning.

Our café at work supplies Styrofoam containers. Prices vary by cup size. In my attempt to be green, I bring my own cups for coffee and for oatmeal.

The cashier prices my breakfast using a random number generator. Same cashier, same cups everyday. Different prices. I've given up, and just pay the random price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What are the mean and standard deviation of the price?
    I think the cashier is mean on the days she charges a higher price for the same cup. I'm not sure if she is a standard deviant or not.

I think the cashier is mean on the days she charges a higher price for the same cup. I'm not sure if she is a standard deviant or not.
    You definitely get bonus points for this reply!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    You definitely get bonus points for this reply!
    Thanks! Can you tell that statistics wasn't my favorite class? I didn't think the professor was very good but I did get a lot of crossword puzzles done.

Thanks! Can you tell that statistics wasn't my favorite class? I didn't think the professor was very good but I did get a lot of crossword puzzles done.

I'm with you. I wasn't a fan but I got the highest grades in class throughout. I'm such an overachiever.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm with you. I wasn't a fan but I got the highest grades in class throughout. I'm such an overachiever.
    My claim to fame in both Probability & Statistics was getting the exams rescheduled so they didn't conflict with basketball games. I do have my priorities!

There are three prices for the brand of coffee that I drink, based on size: $1.25, $1.45, and $1.65.

There are two prices for the oatmeal, also based on size: $1.50 and $2.00.

They should charge me $1.45 for the middle size coffee and $2.00 for the large oatmeal, for a total of $3.45.

The modal price charged is $2.95, probably a result of pressing the middle coffee button and the small oatmeal button. The price has been as high as $3.65. Sometimes it's $3.45. The mean price charged is about $3.27, not too far from the "correct" price.

The standard deviation is pretty tight, although it's likely a bimodal distribution with positive skewness.

There are a limited number of combinations of the coffee and oatmeal prices (6). On occasion, the price charged is something other than the sum of a coffee price and an oatmeal price. Since there are buttons for the item (they don't type in a price), I'm not sure how they get a "non-sum" price. My theory is that they hit the button for something other than coffee or oatmeal.

Obviously, I spend way too much mental energy on this topic.

I may scatter and smother -- but I sure don't cover.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wha!?!? Scattered, Smothered, Covered & Chunked - only way to roll...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    A whole flock flew over me.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    ...and the audience said...

I actually have the hash browns at Mickey D's more often than any other place. I went down to the company cafeteria one day and asked for hash browns during the breakfast hour. They offered up tatter tots. I passed. On walking up the 3 flights of stairs to my desk, I realized that the tots would have sufficed.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I actually have the hash browns at Mickey D's more often than any other place. I went down to the company cafeteria one day and asked for hash browns during the breakfast hour. They offered up tatter tots. I passed. On walking up the 3 flights of stairs to my desk, I realized that the tots would have sufficed.
    The McD hash browns are tasty. Our café has tater tots on occasion at lunch. They're a very popular item. The breakfast potato's are basically fried potato chunks with onions.

I just finished a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich! A very nice treat after my run.

Now I have to do some work. Excel projections. Then a full day of chores. It's like Sunday is Saturday this weekend.
    Last edited by Fish80; 10-04-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: I messed up.