6	Jimmie Johnson	1442	-248
    7	Carl Edwards	1400	-290
    8	Tony Stewart	1397	-293
    9	Kevin Harvick	1396	-294
    10	Jeff Gordon	1326	-364
    11	Greg Biffle	1308	-382
    12	David Ragan	1266	-424

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2008/data/standings_official.html
    Its great to see Jeff Burton up top. And how about David Ragan hanging around in then top 12...a young driver taking over Mark's car.

Can Kyle be stopped??? The 6-7th he will drive in three races at three different tracks

Wink Danica needs to go on "Dancing With The Stars"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    That doesn't say much for the athletic competition on the Indy circuit if the female driver has to strip down to get some "buzz"
    Likewise, it doesn't say much for the "athletic competition on the Indy circuit" if Helio has to go on "Dancing With the Stars" to get some buzz. Notice that his dancing partner sang the national anthem?

I think Indy suffered more yesterday just because of the race itself. I have never seen so many yellow flags going on. It was hard to follow.

I'd also say that some of Danica's commercials are pretty decent. I like the one with the young girl racer yesterday. Schmaltzy, but nice.

Overall, I like her the same way I like Tony Stewart. Same attitude. Now if she could just win some more races.

Like it or not, Danica's presence in the race yesterday tapped an audience that wouldn't otherwise watch an Indy race. My wife actually watched motorsports with me for the first time.

FWIW, kudos to the ABC crew covering Indy. Some good segments in there.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Hey, who's the new person in the fantasy league?
    Hey gang,

Just a quick note from me. Thought I'd give the fantasy league a go. Never participated in one before. This is gonna be fun!
    Knights' knights shall reign superior soon!

PS, who is "Jaws"??

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Likewise, it doesn't say much for the "athletic competition on the Indy circuit" if Helio has to go on "Dancing With the Stars" to get some buzz. Notice that his dancing partner sang the national anthem?

I think Indy suffered more yesterday just because of the race itself. I have never seen so many yellow flags going on. It was hard to follow.

I'd also say that some of Danica's commercials are pretty decent. I like the one with the young girl racer yesterday. Schmaltzy, but nice.

Overall, I like her the same way I like Tony Stewart. Same attitude. Now if she could just win some more races.

Like it or not, Danica's presence in the race yesterday tapped an audience that wouldn't otherwise watch an Indy race. My wife actually watched motorsports with me for the first time.

FWIW, kudos to the ABC crew covering Indy. Some good segments in there.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    The Indy circuit was relegated to 3rd or 4th tier status when they split over a decade ago. The two separate circuits meandered along but never really amounted to much. Now that they are back they need whatever they can get to get people to start watching their races again - if it takes gimmicks marketing ploys, so be it.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    Hey gang,

Just a quick note from me. Thought I'd give the fantasy league a go. Never participated in one before. This is gonna be fun!
    Knights' knights shall reign superior soon!

PS, who is "Jaws"??
    The vocal (but no longer racing) Mr. Waltrip (I believe Hubby nicknamed him).

I've never participated in one as well. I think my knowledge of the sport is pretty much reflected in the standings.

The weird thing is ... my dentist got to talking about his fantasy picks the other day while examining me.

Why is it that dentists try to hold a conversation with you when they don't want you to move your mouth?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Knights68

Knights68 is also my boyfriend. He introduced me to NASCAR a few years ago, and I introduced him to Fantasy Auto Racing. Should be fun for our relationship.