Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Hurt was a very good college player, and a marginal NBA prospect. I don't really understand why people are trying to make him into more than that. He's like a poor man's Ryan Kelly (from an NBA perspective, not looking to compare their careers or abilities while at Duke).
    Hurt's offensive game is better than Kelly's in my opinion. Kelly was a better defender and an underrated shot blocker.

Reddish

I was listening to a podcast and they said Atlanta is dangling Reddish and the 20 pick to other teams to move up in the draft. Their goal is to re-set Cam's roster spot with a rookie since Cam will be getting to the end of his rookie deal soon and they have not seen enough of him to really want to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    Hurt's offensive game is better than Kelly's in my opinion. Kelly was a better defender and an underrated shot blocker.
    I think the only part of Hurt's offensive game that translates to the NBA is spot up 3 point shooting, and I don't think he is better enough at that than Kelly for it to matter. I agree he had a better/more diverse skillset in college for the most part, although Kelly had some big moments as well.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I was listening to a podcast and they said Atlanta is dangling Reddish and the 20 pick to other teams to move up in the draft. Their goal is to re-set Cam's roster spot with a rookie since Cam will be getting to the end of his rookie deal soon and they have not seen enough of him to really want to pay him.
    Actually I think that they have seen enough of him and really don’t want to pay him.

Mason heading to Charlotte

Just saw where he's being traded to the Hornets. I think he will do really well there.

Woj bomb: Westbrook to Lakers. In the works..

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by devilnfla View Post
    Just saw where he's being traded to the Hornets. I think he will do really well there.
    Pistons moved DOWN 20 spots to get rid of Mason after he was really solid for them last year. Either they want more playing time for Isaiah Stewart, have something in mind for that cap space, or something crazy is in the works… otherwise I don’t understand how Mason could have negative trade value on a moderate contract.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Woj bomb: Westbrook to Lakers. In the works..
    Wow. I guess Lakers are really leaning hard into a "conserve Lebron in his later years by keeping him off ball as much as possible" strategy, huh? I get it, but not sure how I feel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Wow. I guess Lakers are really leaning hard into a "conserve Lebron in his later years by keeping him off ball as much as possible" strategy, huh? I get it, but not sure how I feel about this.
    I think it makes sense. Their window with LeBron is now. Maximize that and figure the rest out later. A Westbrook/LeBron/AD trio allows each guy more rest. The key will be getting floor spacers around them.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I think it makes sense. Their window with LeBron is now. Maximize that and figure the rest out later. A Westbrook/LeBron/AD trio allows each guy more rest. The key will be getting floor spacers around them.
    Agreed. Lebron can't keep playing 40-45 mpg. When he's off the court, even when they won the title, the Lakers were terrible on offense. Having duel playmakers on the court is nice, but I think the big benefit will be to keep Lebron's minutes down and keep him fresh for the playoffs. I'm bummed they're trading away the draft pick but the prerogative is to win now. Time to fill out the rest of the roster with some good (and cheap) 3-and-Ds!

Quote Originally Posted by theschwartz View Post
    Agreed. Lebron can't keep playing 40-45 mpg. When he's off the court, even when they won the title, the Lakers were terrible on offense. Having duel playmakers on the court is nice, but I think the big benefit will be to keep Lebron's minutes down and keep him fresh for the playoffs. I'm bummed they're trading away the draft pick but the prerogative is to win now. Time to fill out the rest of the roster with some good (and cheap) 3-and-Ds!
    Lakers have exactly 4 players under contract for next season... Bron, AD, Russ, and Marc Gasol. With those 4 guys, they are already at $122 mil in salary. The cap is $112 mil.

I predict they end up with at least 8 minimum contracts. They may be able to use they $9.5 mil exemption to bring in a couple dudes but the rest of the roster is gonna be minimum contracts.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Massive reach by Thunder picking Giddey, and Kuminga falls to my Warriors, yay

What about Kuminga's orange suit? That was interesting. Did these guys all coordinate to not wear ties? So many questions.

Is the word of the night "versatility?"

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Massive reach by Thunder picking Giddey, and Kuminga falls to my Warriors, yay
    Bouknight is the guy who really fell. I thought he was gonna go #6. He has supposedly had ridiculous workouts for several teams.

My DBR Mock draft pick of Josh Giddey at #20 is looking pretty darn good right now
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jalen watch begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think the only part of Hurt's offensive game that translates to the NBA is spot up 3 point shooting, and I don't think he is better enough at that than Kelly for it to matter. I agree he had a better/more diverse skillset in college for the most part, although Kelly had some big moments as well.
    I thought Hurt had a pretty lethal turn around jumper which you do NOT see often in college. Kelly definitely didn't have that consistently.

Jalen Johnson has not been picked thru the first 15 picks of the 2021 NBA Draft …

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Did these guys all coordinate to not wear ties?
    And no socks. At least their hair styles are pretty traditional.

Jalen Johnson has not been picked thru the first 16 picks of the 2021 NBA Draft …

His slide down the draft board is starting to get serious …