Page 1016 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 1651691696610061014101510161017101810261066111615162016 ... LastLast
Results 20,301 to 20,320 of 67238
    We are gaining a family member. Nephew Sam popped the question and she said yes.

That's wonderful news DinK! So, are you volunteering any Spam treats for the reception?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Oh, and holy moly with the stock market!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    That's wonderful news DinK! So, are you volunteering any Spam treats for the reception?!
    Most likely not. Sister Anne bought a can at the museum but we never opened it. I am still, to the best of my knowledge, Spam free.

1st Post

I guess this is as good a place as any for my 1st Post. I wanted to get it out of the way so the first time I do say something I don't get "Great First Post Go Away Troll"

Anyway... we just made our first trip to Duke's Campus and WOW. Come on Admissions Office, don't fail me now. Well, my kid that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock-of-Truth View Post
    I guess this is as good a place as any for my 1st Post. I wanted to get it out of the way so the first time I do say something I don't get "Great First Post Go Away Troll"

Anyway... we just made our first trip to Duke's Campus and WOW. Come on Admissions Office, don't fail me now. Well, my kid that is.
    Great first post.

Oh, wait ...

Good luck!

Good luck on the admissions process!

Welcome to DBR.

However, if you are going to post in the LTE, you need to weigh in on Pop Tarts at some point.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Fingers crossed for you.

Hope this isn't the last post. What does your kid want to study? I've got two applying this year, one as a freshman (wants to study Classics) and one as a transfer (wants to study Economics). Both are long shots, although the kid who wants to study Classics has a very strong resume in that area - he's already taken Classical Greek as an independent study at Harvard plus 7 years of Latin.

I will post my Yorkshire pudding recipe eventually. Still in a show. We close tomorrow night. I'll dig out that once a year recipe sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

However, if you are going to post in the LTE, you need to weigh in on Pop Tarts at some point.
    S'mores are the best Flavor, Hands Down!! With that being said, I've never had the pleasure of tasting one of the Jolly Rancher Pop-Tarts.

And we're under 100 to go. I say we got this! (But don't quit now. )

My bro is in Tanzania for work. He was enjoying a cold barley soda when he spotted a local resident wearing a Duke hat. Bro is a spartan/msu. He engaged the Tanzanian man in a conversation during which the fine man extolled Duke as the "Finest program in any sport, ever." Bro mentioned michigan state and the Tanzanian fellow roared laughing and declared, "This conversation is OVER!"

I wish bro would bring that guy home for a visit...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Alaska is the one state you haven't visited. My last state is ND (I was running late getting to Seattle for a 2 week sailboat trip, and couldn't really afford the side trip; I've regretted sleeping instead ever since.) My standard is both driving enough to need gas and eating a meal in a state - nicking a corner doesn't count. I don't know how I'll work ND in without making it a specific destination...

And, of course, anyone doing a lot of driving should also get to BBQ joints and tacky tourist sites as well. Great big balls of twine! Mini Graceland! Corn Palace! America at its, um, somethingest...

-jk
    I'm more draconian than you - I don't count a state unless I've stayed over night in said state. Although, to be fair, now that I've stayed over night in Colorado instead of just passing through the Denver airport, I don't have any that I've merely passed through. I've got a bunch left to do.

Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Arizona, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Utah.

Hmmm, wonder if I'll finish the Massachusetts 5k Challenge first? 12 states versus 318 towns. I'm getting #34 Medfield on Sunday! Should I run in Norwood or Westwood on New Year's Day?

I feel like I had another comment I was going to respond to, but I can't figure out what it was. It's not on the last page. I'm too lazy to go further back right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm more draconian than you - I don't count a state unless I've stayed over night in said state. Although, to be fair, now that I've stayed over night in Colorado instead of just passing through the Denver airport, I don't have any that I've merely passed through. I've got a bunch left to do.

Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Arizona, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Utah.

Hmmm, wonder if I'll finish the Massachusetts 5k Challenge first? 12 states versus 318 towns. I'm getting #34 Medfield on Sunday! Should I run in Norwood or Westwood on New Year's Day?
    This is how my wife and I roll. Generally, for us, a state visit requires at least one meal, some significant local experience, and an overnight. We’re in the mid 30s right now, but next summer’s trip will get us into the mid 40s. The goal is to finish all 50 by my 40th birthday (August 2022).

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This is how my wife and I roll. Generally, for us, a state visit requires at least one meal, some significant local experience, and an overnight. We’re in the mid 30s right now, but next summer’s trip will get us into the mid 40s. The goal is to finish all 50 by my 40th birthday (August 2022).
    I will have your scarf done by then too. When I finally finish it, it will be one of a kind. (I have started it and changed my mind and started over more times than I can count. I'm hoping 2018 will be the year. The kid going back on chemo never helps either, but, we are done with that!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I will have your scarf done by then too. When I finally finish it, it will be one of a kind. (I have started it and changed my mind and started over more times than I can count. I'm hoping 2018 will be the year. The kid going back on chemo never helps either, but, we are done with that!)
    You go, Son of BD! I feel like I should send him a bag of M&Ms and you a good bottle of wine.

I should put Massachusetts on the top of my states to visit list and bring them to you.

You go, Son of BD! I feel like I should send him a bag of M&Ms and you a good bottle of wine.

I should put Massachusetts on the top of my states to visit list and bring them to you.
    Alas - I cannot spork you. But I'd be down with that. If you wait until next September though, I'll have a guest room again!

Good luck on the admissions process!

Welcome to DBR.

DON’T DO IT, IT’S A TRAP!!!!!

You’ve been warned.

—Admiral A.