View Poll Results: What will be the result of the Midterms (vote twice!!)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOP holds the House

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by less than 12 seats

20 41.67%
  • Dems win the House by 12-25 seats

12 25.00%
  • Dems win the House by 25-38 seats

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the House by 38+ seats

1 2.08%
  • GOP gains 1 or more seats in the Senate (52-48 or more)

29 60.42%
  • GOP holds the same number of seats in the Senate (51-49)

7 14.58%
  • GOP loses seats but still holds the Senate (50-50 with Pence breaking tie)

7 14.58%
  • Dems win the Senate (49-51 or more)

2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1870
    What, pray tell, is a "pie bet"?

Does this mean I get some pie? Because I could use some pie.

My Twitter app melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

Well, only if you win. It could be that you owe some pie.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Read this thread...

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...ory-of-The-Pie
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ermagerd I'm so excited for pie.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Y'all should do a cherry/blueberry pie bet. (Or cheesecake)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Why would we ruin a good pie with cherries?!

And I love cheesecake, but would it qualify as a pie? I'm all about inclusion, so I'm fine with that--but I want to play by the rules.

Ermagerd I'm so excited for pie.
    For the record, I have access to amazing Dutch Apple Pie.

I’d get in on a pie bet.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Why would we ruin a good pie with cherries?!

And I love cheesecake, but would it qualify as a pie? I'm all about inclusion, so I'm fine with that--but I want to play by the rules.
    Since this is a political pie bet, I'm suggesting a red/blue theme. Raspberry pie is pretty tasty too.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Oh, let's give it a day. With all the craziness that's gone on in the past month, I can't rule out that something will pop up between now and the confirmation.

Do you do pie bets, Mr. Corey? I'll bet that despite Kavanaugh's likely confirmation, America will not "respond in kind" enough to prevent the Rs from picking up at least one Senate seat to make it 52+ seats for the Rs.

If you would prefer to bet on the House, I'll create a wager there.
    I’ll take that bet, if you’d like. I would prefer 53+, but will take 52+.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’ll take that bet, if you’d like. I would prefer 53+, but will take 52+.
    You're on, cato. 52+, I win. 51-, you win. **shakes on it**.

(You snooze, you lose, Mike Corey. Although I'm sure other opportunities for pie will arise.)

FYI, I myself don't have access to amazing pie. So, I've been using the website Jason originally linked for the pie bets: https://shop.gtpie.com/category/fruit_pies

So far, no one's complained about the quality of the pies ordered from there. I've enjoyed the ones I've won quite a bit.

Sorry I was slow to respond; have been investigating Russian pies to suggest for a future wager.

Sorry I was slow to respond; have been investigating Russian pies to suggest for a future wager.
    Hmm, might have to counter with an old chestnut pie then, as it's hard to say the Russians are known for their cooking. Actually, for anyone that would willingly consume the Russian pie, I'd have to lead them with a Shepherd's pie, as my counter.

Are you in politics?

This could be interesting. Will West Virginia Ds not vote for Manchin in enough numbers to cost him his seat?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...i7M?li=BBnb7Kz

I think the races to watch on this issue are West Virginia and North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    This could be interesting. Will West Virginia Ds not vote for Manchin in enough numbers to cost him his seat?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...i7M?li=BBnb7Kz

I think the races to watch on this issue are West Virginia and North Dakota.
    You've lobbed a slight trick question at us here. You're probably aware of this, but West Virginia is a red state that still has way more registered Ds than Rs in the state. Trump's base in West Virginia is basically culturally conservative Ds who are worried about coal and opioids. They like Trump and they like his Supreme Court pick Kavanaugh. Manchin, as craven as he acted -- sending a press release 5 minutes after Collins' speech -- is probably safe here. Just by being on the "right" side with his vote.

Now, look, if it's a counter-wave election, then nobody's safe. If the Rs maintain the House, for example, I would think Manchin stands a great chance to lose in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    You've lobbed a slight trick question at us here. You're probably aware of this, but West Virginia is a red state that still has way more registered Ds than Rs in the state. Trump's base in West Virginia is basically culturally conservative Ds who are worried about coal and opioids. They like Trump and they like his Supreme Court pick Kavanaugh. Manchin, as craven as he acted -- sending a press release 5 minutes after Collins' speech -- is probably safe here. Just by being on the "right" side with his vote.

Now, look, if it's a counter-wave election, then nobody's safe. If the Rs maintain the House, for example, I would think Manchin stands a great chance to lose in the Senate.
    Not aware at all, and in fact surprised.

Some Senate Polls

After a few polls showing a close race in for incumbent D Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, there were Quinnipiac and YouGov polls over the weekend that both showed him with a 10-11 point lead. Democrats probably breathing a sigh of relief there.

There is a ton of buzz about Beto O'Rourke against Ted Cruz in Texas, but there haven't been many polls over the past couple weeks. YouGov hit Texas this weekend and they find Cruz with a 6 point lead, 50-44. There has been some chatter that getting Kav on the court will lessen some of the excitement in the GOP base. That could be bad news for Cruz as this race is a lot closer than anyone would have expected a couple months ago.

Meanwhile, after a bunch of polls showing D-Phil Breseden with a small lead in GOP-tilting Tennessee, R-Marsha Blackburn has to be pleased with two new polls this weekend. YouGov gives her an 8 point lead (50-42) and Fox News puts her out front by 5 (48-43). Breseden made some headlines on Friday by saying he would vote to confirm Kavanaugh if he was in the senate. It will be interesting to see if that helps or hurts him as some folks have noted that liberals in W. Virginia (all 12of them) are not happy with Manchin for voting yes on Kav.

-Jason "Trump's approve/disapprove numbers have gotten better in recent weeks... 538s average has gone from about a 14 point deficit to just a 10 pointer... if he can get it to about 7 or 8, the GOP will have a real shot at holding the House" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I was polled via telephone on Saturday for the GA governor's race by Public Policy Polling.

I wonder if the results will be made public, or if it was conducted for one of the campaigns internal use. There hasn't been much publicly released polling. What has been released seems to show a very tight race.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ernor/georgia/

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    After a few polls showing a close race in for incumbent D Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, there were Quinnipiac and YouGov polls over the weekend that both showed him with a 10-11 point lead. Democrats probably breathing a sigh of relief there.

There is a ton of buzz about Beato O'Rourke against Ted Cruz in Texas, but there haven't been many polls over the past couple weeks. YouGov hit Texas this weekend and they find Cruz with a 6 point lead, 50-44. There has been some chatter that getting Kav on the court will lessen some of the excitement in the GOP base. That could be bad news for Cruz as this race is a lot closer than anyone would have expected a couple months ago.

Meanwhile, after a bunch of polls showing D-Phil Breseden with a small lead in GOP-tilting Tennessee, R-Marsha Blackburn has to be pleased with two new polls this weekend. YouGov gives her an 8 point lead (50-42) and Fox News puts her out front by 5 (48-43). Breseden made some headlines on Friday by saying he would vote to confirm Kavanaugh if he was in the senate. It will be interesting to see if that helps or hurts him as some folks have noted that liberals in W. Virginia (all 12of them) are not happy with Manchin for voting yes on Kav.

-Jason "Trump's approve/disapprove numbers have gotten better in recent weeks... 538s average has gone from about a 14 point deficit to just a 10 pointer... if he can get it to about 7 or 8, the GOP will have a real shot at holding the House" Evans
    No way. History says you are very wrong.