Page 2440 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 14401940234023902430243824392440244124422450249025402940 ... LastLast
Results 48,781 to 48,800 of 67676
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Corn dogs need a rebranding. I’d go meat twinkies.
    Wrapped tube steaks?

No bueno.

No bueno.
    Lots of talent but not always the effort and awareness to win.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Lots of talent but not always the effort and awareness to win.
    I'm in the camp that Miami just played really well, is a good team and has tough kids. The other teams have recruited players who are trying to win as well. This was a tough post-Covid game and Duke played well and played hard. Pretty happy with that effort.

Domestic vacuum dance.

So, do I drive to Phoenix or should I try and get a plane ticket? Going next week...leary of cancellations still being an issue.

So, do I drive to Phoenix or should I try and get a plane ticket? Going next week...leary of cancellations still being an issue.
    What I have noticed about the cancelations is they are generally consolidations. So if there are 3 flights to Phoenix, 1 would be canceled and people would be placed on the 2 remaining flights. Flying home from Tuscaloosa in few.

I would argue the 2 most talented mainstream bands of my lifetime are REM and the Beastie Boys. Foo Fighters get an honorable mention. Nirvana as well.

That’s a long drive. Pretty. But long.

That’s a long drive. Pretty. But long.
    14 hours each way. But flying is a 7 hour endeavor when you include getting to the airport, etc.

I do believe there were 4 direct flights a day back and forth between PHX and SAT when I went in November. (On American) They are down to 3 per day and now instead of using Airbus A321(180 person capacity) they are using Canadair RJ700s with 65 capacity. Not sure if Southwest picked up the volume or not.

The other way to think about this is financially and what do I value more? 14 hours or the approximately $500 differential between driving and flying.

I think the "we got outcoached" hot take following losses is the dumbest take.

14 hours each way. But flying is a 7 hour endeavor when you include getting to the airport, etc.

I do believe there were 4 direct flights a day back and forth between PHX and SAT when I went in November. (On American) They are down to 3 per day and now instead of using Airbus A321(180 person capacity) they are using Canadair RJ700s with 65 capacity. Not sure if Southwest picked up the volume or not.

The other way to think about this is financially and what do I value more? 14 hours or the approximately $500 differential between driving and flying.
    I like a good drive (not out East). Listen to a few audiobooks, stop at Marfa and see the ghost lights, get a Dairy Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would argue the 2 most talented mainstream bands of my lifetime are REM and the Beastie Boys. Foo Fighters get an honorable mention. Nirvana as well.
    Blech, Nirvana. I get why they’re important but, like, I would never just sit around and listen to Nirvana for fun.

Blech, Nirvana. I get why they’re important but, like, I would never just sit around and listen to Nirvana for fun.
    I love them. But I am not filled with enough ennui to sit and listen to them for an extended period of time. My hardcore rock loves are Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters.

I love them. But I am not filled with enough ennui to sit and listen to them for an extended period of time. My hardcore rock loves are Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters.
    Yeah, I’m more filled with pooey than ennui.

Yeah, I’m more filled with pooey than ennui.
    Oh me too.

I think the "we got outcoached" hot take following losses is the dumbest take.
    But it’s true sometimes.

The biggest problem, though, is people not wearing their lucky clothes correctly. I thought about changing my lucky underwear during the game, but was afraid the other folks in my section in Cameron would object. Besides, if the ushers were enforcing the mask requirement, they might object to a wardrobe change.

The Clash are still the only band that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The Clash are still the only band that matters.
    Ace of Base. Ever heard of ‘em?

Ace of Base. Ever heard of ‘em?
    Is that, like, if ABBA and The Jonas Brothers had a linking band?

(Heard the name but never heard them to the best of my memory).