Page 2853 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 18532353275328032843285128522853285428552863290329533353 ... LastLast
Results 57,041 to 57,060 of 67375
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t think I’ll have any problems retiring. I’ve already taken multiple sabbaticals, including one after my MBA of 1.5 years. Probably hasn’t been great for my career but at this stage I’m pretty comfortable with my focus being on freedom, flexibility and family.
    I took two weeks off between my job in Ohio and the one here in San Antonio. I cashed in vacation that covered those days off. I took zero time off between my current jobs and cashed in 10+ weeks of vacation. Essentially, I've been paid continuously or even double paid since June of '03. Even though that time has included now 6 employers.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I pressure washed part of my driveway this afternoon. There is a nice trail of dirt, etc. from my driveway to the storm sewer. I hope it rains soon.
    Rest of the driveway and sidewalk pressure washed also. It really kicks up the dirt.

This is not going well.
    I listened to the radio broadcast on SiriusXM. Didn't sound very promising. And no vote in MOTM thread since I didn't see it.

I mean, you don't hate to see it. Do you?

I took two weeks off between my job in Ohio and the one here in San Antonio. I cashed in vacation that covered those days off. I took zero time off between my current jobs and cashed in 10+ weeks of vacation. Essentially, I've been paid continuously or even double paid since June of '03. Even though that time has included now 6 employers.
    Yeah, just couldn’t do that. Don’t even understand it, really. I’m pretty good at effing around. And, for the record, while my 3 parents were wonderful enough to take care of my college tuition, everything after has been me. That is to say, my sabbaticals have been self funded but I recognize if I had undergraduate debt my choices may have been different.

Well, crap. Here we are again.

Ugh, I know.

Ugh, I know.
    Not sure to what you are referring, but the holes DID lose twice in basketball and once in football this weekend. There IS that!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Not sure to what you are referring, but the holes DID lose twice in basketball and once in football this weekend. There IS that!
    And I am very thankful for that!!!

I have huge lectures at the University of Chicago and Cincinnati Children's this week. Getting on a plane this afternoon and I'm flying to Chicago and then driving from there to Cincinnati and flying home Thursday morning. I've spent a decent amount of time in Cincinnati and I've flown through Chicago dozens of times. But this is only the second real trip to Chicago and it's just one night. Food recommendations would be appreciated. I'm looking for delicious more than I'm looking for swanky. I don't care if it's a Burger Bar as long as it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have huge lectures at the University of Chicago and Cincinnati Children's this week. Getting on a plane this afternoon and I'm flying to Chicago and then driving from there to Cincinnati and flying home Thursday morning. I've spent a decent amount of time in Cincinnati and I've flown through Chicago dozens of times. But this is only the second real trip to Chicago and it's just one night. Food recommendations would be appreciated. I'm looking for delicious more than I'm looking for swanky. I don't care if it's a Burger Bar as long as it's amazing.
    Since you are a noted admirer of Big Meat, may I suggest Gibson's? They have their own USDA designation for prime meat...and while it is clearly upscale, you can also sit at the bar or just grab a table and really enjoy a feast. Important info: the side dishes and desserts are all comically huge.https://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/gibsons-chicago/

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Since you are a noted admirer of Big Meat, may I suggest Gibson's? They have their own USDA designation for prime meat...and while it is clearly upscale, you can also sit at the bar or just grab a table and really enjoy a feast. Important info: the side dishes and desserts are all comically huge.https://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/gibsons-chicago/
    See this is why you ask the experts! Eating a steak and thinking about Carl Sandburg in the city of big shoulders sounds like heaven. I wouldn't go so far as to call them cheap, but the prices are reasonable for an upscale steakhouse.

See this is why you ask the experts! Eating a steak and thinking about Carl Sandburg in the city of big shoulders sounds like heaven. I wouldn't go so far as to call them cheap, but the prices are reasonable for an upscale steakhouse.
    I asked them what best captured their meaty essence and they put a big strip steak in front of me...divine...waiters are experienced with lots of info...grill is hot enough to melt a glass ashtray, fwiw...

I asked them what best captured their meaty essence and they put a big strip steak in front of me...divine...waiters are experienced with lots of info...grill is hot enough to melt a glass ashtray, fwiw...
    So you're saying they will respond well to a dude with a shaved head and a Southern accent who says things like: "Yes. I would like for you to bring me a ribeye cooked medium rare the size of a dump truck tire please. And don't trim the fat. That's where the flavor is."?

So you're saying they will respond well to a dude with a shaved head and a Southern accent who says things like: "Yes. I would like for you to bring me a ribeye cooked medium rare the size of a dump truck tire please. And don't trim the fat. That's where the flavor is."?
    You never know when you get a dud waiter, but I am going to say yes...hope this lives up to my hyping, otherwise I owe you a meal...I assume you are staying downtown which is where Gibson's is located...

You never know when you get a dud waiter, but I am going to say yes...hope this lives up to my hyping, otherwise I owe you a meal...I assume you are staying downtown which is where Gibson's is located...
    Yes. I'm staying downtown. Is it the kind of place I can go to wearing jeans and a comfortable sweater?

Yes. I'm staying downtown. Is it the kind of place I can go to wearing jeans and a comfortable sweater?
    Jeans are fine, just no sleeveless wife beater shirts.

I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..
    The gun show in Chicago just got cancelled.

The gun show in Chicago just got cancelled.
    I hear it was heavily regulated anyways.