Page 1816 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 81613161716176618061814181518161817181818261866191623162816 ... LastLast
Results 36,301 to 36,320 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Mountain and I are both picking fights on the main page this morning about the anti Jay Bilas stuff.
    This is why I always use the moot button, to render those arguments mute.

And also I am glad we are on a first name basis now. For a while I referred to people as Mr or Ms Devil, Mo, or There. Now I feel comfortable with Bund, Mountain, Y and Ai. Well maybe not Ai. She will let me know.
    My last name is NOT Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My last name is NOT Mo.
    O? Imo?

O? Imo?
    Just one name. Like Cher.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Just one name. Like Cher.
    That's solid work. And obviously I will do as you wish because I am afraid of you!

If cats could work a can opener they would kill us all in our sleep.
    This is true. There are many animals that, if a bit bigger or equipped with opposable thumbs, would kill us in our sleep, from behind, or to our face. House cats chief among them.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Some years ago we had a group of consultants descend on us at work, and I couldn't help noticing that two of them were incessantly scratching themselves and sniffling...I asked what was up, they said they had no idea, just checked into the Sheraton the night before, woke up all sneezy and itchy...which is when I told them the annual cat show at the Sheraton had just taken place that weekend, I'm guessing they didn't bother changing bedspreads...
    That is very funny. Could not spork. Also, points for using descend as the correct term for what consultants do.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Jay can be annoying but I don't think he is anti-Duke/pro-unc. All the bashing gets old. And he isn't annoying all the time.
    My wife and I spent the morning discussing why certain things get under our skin and get us stewing, mostly in regards to interpersonal work interactions. Anyway, I guess it’s nice that sports personalities are very low on my list or irritants. Lord knows I have a list though.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That is very funny. Could not spork. Also, points for using descend as the correct term for what consultants do.
    Part of my job is consulting. And I don't actually know what that means...or how to do it...or why I am paid for it. Also, I have been doing this job for 6 years and I'm too embarrassed to ask what I'm supposed to be doing now.

Part of my job is consulting. And I don't actually know what that means...or how to do it...or why I am paid for it. Also, I have been doing this job for 6 years and I'm too embarrassed to ask what I'm supposed to be doing now.
    At least you aren't a project manager. That's one of those job titles where I just nod and think of another question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    At least you aren't a project manager. That's one of those job titles where I just nod and think of another question.
    I hated my "project manager" job. Great company, awful job.

Interviewing soon for another job I don't understand or what it entails. I'm trying to fail up.

Interviewing soon for another job I don't understand or what it entails. I'm trying to fail up.
    The Clemmons Conundrum?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The Clemmons Conundrum?

-jk
    Hoping no one notices.

I’m a firm believer in only hiring consultants because they have a very specific expertise your organization does not have or because you need the arms and legs and can’t hire. Too many folks lean on them because they don’t know how to do a job and then think consultants or agencies are their friends or team. They are not, you are their market and it’s easier for them to grow you than bid another gig.

I worked for a small public sector strategy and technical expertise consultancy/contractor and honestly don’t know what my purpose was other than helping with PowerPoints.

I did get to write testimony for one of the schedule Cappointees and that was kind of cool in retrospect; at the time I literally could not believe they thought I knew enough to do that until I realized there’s a whole DC economy in words and most of them don’t matter.

Wife and I had a long conversation about how neither of us really wants to be any higher in our careers on account of the time/stress/anxiety/imbalance involved.

We’ve been grappling with our ambition versus desire to minimize stress and keep balance of late.

I’m a firm believer in only hiring consultants because they have a very specific expertise your organization does not have or because you need the arms and legs and can’t hire. Too many folks lean on them because they don’t know how to do a job and then think consultants or agencies are their friends or team. They are not, you are their market and it’s easier for them to grow you than bid another gig.

I worked for a small public sector strategy and technical expertise consultancy/contractor and honestly don’t know what my purpose was other than helping with PowerPoints.

I did get to write testimony for one of the schedule Cappointees and that was kind of cool in retrospect; at the time I literally could not believe they thought I knew enough to do that until I realized there’s a whole DC economy in words and most of them don’t matter.
    I typed out a long answer to this and erased it. I think this was a very insightful post by you. There are 5 of us who do my specific job in our company and I am the newest employee by 9 years. We are NOT friends. We approach things so very differently. I don't think we have the same job at all, even though we all have the same title and responsibilities. And I am definitely willing to admit I may be the problem here.

I typed out a long answer to this and erased it. I think this was a very insightful post by you. There are 5 of us who do my specific job in our company and I am the newest employee by 9 years. We are NOT friends. We approach things so very differently. I don't think we have the same job at all, even though we all have the same title and responsibilities. And I am definitely willing to admit I may be the problem here.
    Blind squirrels find nuts, too! Hah!

It's probably not fair for me to generalize like that but the agency/consultant pressure to grow their businesses, particularly at the big firms, is fierce.

Blind squirrels find nuts, too! Hah!

It's probably not fair for me to generalize like that but the agency/consultant pressure to grow their businesses, particularly at the big firms, is fierce.
    No I think it is correct.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My official title where I work is senior project manager. I've always interpreted it to mean - make sure the project gets finished someday.