Page 1606 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 60611061506155615961604160516061607160816161656170621062606 ... LastLast
Results 32,101 to 32,120 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Drewsk thinks there is still a chance for Theta. He's rooting for it. He doesn't like them to do destruction but he loves a good storm. (He was very happy that the storm surge from Laura was mostly dissipated over marshland. A last minute turn in the trajectory saved thousands of lives and hundreds of millions of dollars.)
    3 more to go

Leaving a job this week after ten years as managing partner. Just had a surprisingly emotional going away party where many grown men cried talking about how I had affected them. One of the more intense experiences of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Leaving a job this week after ten years as managing partner. Just had a surprisingly emotional going away party where many grown men cried talking about how I had affected them. One of the more intense experiences of my life.
    Best of luck, Mtn.Devil.GreatYears!

Good luck wherever life's roads lead you and awesome job at being a positive influence in other's lives!

Leaving a job this week after ten years as managing partner...
    That's a wonderful post Mtn. Bittersweet but I'm happy for you. Few people get to see that kind of love.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    That's a wonderful post Mtn. Bittersweet but I'm happy for you. Few people get to see that kind of love.
    It's true. Was taken aback by the entire thing. Now I just have to figure out what happens next.

It's true. Was taken aback by the entire thing. Now I just have to figure out what happens next.
    You will move on to another great position where you will make a positive impact on the company and the people. Best of luck!

Dagnabbit, yet another misspelling.

Apparently I missed some excitement from mattman in another thread. Hope he makes the best of his holiday.

I no longer have the patience to sit through an entire baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I no longer have the patience to sit through an entire baseball game.
    Now that the Braves are out, I do not either.

Last day of work! Woohoo!

Last day of work! Woohoo!
    Congrats! Always a mixed day for me. Best of luck with everything!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Congrats! Always a mixed day for me. Best of luck with everything!
    Not mixed on my end. Time and money well invested, time to get out and find a new path.

Yay! Last day and had an altercation with a woman over her mask. She suggested I call the cops and I happily obliged. Last I saw her, she was screaming at the cops on the sidewalk about a lawsuit.

Last day ...

Yay! Last day and had an altercation with a woman over her mask. She suggested I call the cops and I happily obliged. Last I saw her, she was screaming at the cops on the sidewalk about a lawsuit.

Last day ...
    Sorry you had to put up with that on your last day. Glad the cops responded.

I don't understand why people won't comply - even if you think the whole thing is overblown, if a business has a sign requiring a mask, you need to comply. "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Mask, No Service." It's pretty simple - basic house rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Sorry you had to put up with that on your last day. Glad the cops responded.

I don't understand why people won't comply - even if you think the whole thing is overblown, if a business has a sign requiring a mask, you need to comply. "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Mask, No Service." It's pretty simple - basic house rules.
    I'm going to start going to stores and not wearing my pants. Who are they to infringe on my rights?

I'm going to start going to stores and not wearing my pants. Who are they to infringe on my rights?
    It isn't covered in the No Shirts, No Shoes policy so I think you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It isn't covered in the No Shirts, No Shoes policy so I think you are good to go.
    I'm going to print this post, laminate it, and wear it on a lanyard as proof of my rights.

I'm going to print this post, laminate it, and wear it on a lanyard as proof of my rights.
    You read it on the internet so it must be correct.