Page 728 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 22862867871872672772872973073877882812281728 ... LastLast
Results 14,541 to 14,560 of 67405
    It should be noted here, somewhere, that JasonEvans has overtaken DD has the most prolific poster on the DBR. It has been noted elsewhere, ifyouknowwhatImean
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It should be noted here, somewhere, that JasonEvans has overtaken DD has the most prolific poster on the DBR. It has been noted elsewhere, ifyouknowwhatImean
    I find it amusing that Lavabe & Billybreen are #'s 3 & 4, despite not having been on the boards since August and April, respectively.

Just sayin':

Joined:April 8th, 2009, 9:10 pmLast visited:January 3rd, 2011, 9:50 pmTotal posts:9676 | Search user’s posts
    (10.47% of all posts / 15.24 posts per day)

Paging DinK

So are they still the Chefs or did they earn their "i" back by making the playoffs?

Anyone heard from DinK in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    dual income no kids?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    dual income no kids?
    Dukie in Kansas- she's a member here

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    So are they still the Chefs or did they earn their "i" back by making the playoffs?
    They did - and promptly lost it again! Stupid chefs!

I'm back. Between being gone from work for 2 weeks, Christmas, and end of year/beginning of tax season planning, I don't know where the time has gone. Will try to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm back. Between being gone from work for 2 weeks, Christmas, and end of year/beginning of tax season planning, I don't know where the time has gone. Will try to be better.
    Glad you're back! We were starting to worry.

Taxes are on my to-do list today. Will I be able to submit? I've heard stories about delays if you itemize.

Glad you're back! We were starting to worry.

Taxes are on my to-do list today. Will I be able to submit? I've heard stories about delays if you itemize.
    If you itemize, the date I've seen for being able to submit your return is 2/15.

If you itemize, the date I've seen for being able to submit your return is 2/15.
    You gotta have all your 1099's and W-2's first before you can itemize. Companies don't have to send them out till the end of January... and maybe a few days later. Not sure of the exact date, and then you have to wait for the Post Office to deliver them to you.

9F 9F 9F

You gotta have all your 1099's and W-2's first before you can itemize. Companies don't have to send them out till the end of January... and maybe a few days later. Not sure of the exact date, and then you have to wait for the Post Office to deliver them to you.
    From what little I know about it, there is no connection between the arrival of your 1099 and W-2 forms and itemizing your expenses. In fact, the only reason I see for waiting for those forms is being sure your information is correct. That assurance is probably available on line in most cases. All of mine is.

I haven't submitted those forms for years, since I file electronically. That trumps the need to submit 1099 and W-2 forms. As long as I can do it without a fee I file electronically. Unfortunately, a fee is charged in North Carolina, so I pay first class postage, and mail it in.

This time around, most of us are probably going to be under-withheld since withholding rates were moved downward for most of the year. I'll have to pay a bit more than usual, but I set withholding rates and estimated tax payments as low as possible to preclude refunds while avoiding any payment penalties. I will not file until the last moment, regardless. I will install my Turbo Tax software in March to be sure I have all of the updates. There will be too much hoops to watch then, so I'll chill until the Final four is over. Then in the next week I'll spend one evening to do my duty, and pay my taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    From what little I know about it, there is no connection between the arrival of your 1099 and W-2 forms and itemizing your expenses. In fact, the only reason I see for waiting for those forms is being sure your information is correct. That assurance is probably available on line in most cases. All of mine is.

I haven't submitted those forms for years, since I file electronically. That trumps the need to submit 1099 and W-2 forms. As long as I can do it without a fee I file electronically. Unfortunately, a fee is charged in North Carolina, so I pay first class postage, and mail it in.
    That is true, but I like to be sure that those folks haven't screwed up. Not so much brokers, but since I work on commission, sometimes some of those folks DO!

9F 9F 9F

The IRS is reprogramming their system due to the tax law passed in December. Therefore, even if you have received all of your Forms 1099, W-2, and 1098, if you itemize, the IRS isn't accepting/processing returns that are affected by the tax changes until the reprogramming is done, sometime mid-February.

Not if you receive them electronically. Fortunately, I have that option. I received my W-2 about a week ago.

The IRS is reprogramming their system due to the tax law passed in December. Therefore, even if you have received all of your Forms 1099, W-2, and 1098, if you itemize, the IRS isn't accepting/processing returns that are affected by the tax changes until the reprogramming is done, sometime mid-February.
    That's what I heard. Why the heck is it taking them so long to reprogram their computers? Maybe I'm naive, but it doesn't seem like it should take over a month to reprogram.

I may go ahead and have them prepared and hit "send" once the IRS finishes whatever the heck it is they're doing. I'll check for updates before I do so, of course.

That's what I heard. Why the heck is it taking them so long to reprogram their computers? Maybe I'm naive, but it doesn't seem like it should take over a month to reprogram.

I may go ahead and have them prepared and hit "send" once the IRS finishes whatever the heck it is they're doing. I'll check for updates before I do so, of course.
    Well, Congress didn't pass the tax changes until late December, so it's reasonable to take at least a month to a) understand the impact/what needs to change, b) code the changes, and c) (most important step) TEST THE CHANGES. I'd argue that's not a heck of a lot of time.

Looks like Valentine's Day will be the day for itemizers.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Well, Congress didn't pass the tax changes until late December, so it's reasonable to take at least a month to a) understand the impact/what needs to change, b) code the changes, and c) (most important step) TEST THE CHANGES. I'd argue that's not a heck of a lot of time.

Looks like Valentine's Day will be the day for itemizers.
    It's probably happening as quick as it is because they "just" have to change the program back to what it was in some areas as most of the changes were extensions of the way things were.

5000 Smiles, 5000 posts!
    OZZIE4DUKE Member 02-23-2007 5,000 01-25-2011 11:27 PM

Attached Images Attached Images

9F 9F 9F