Page 1305 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 3058051205125512951303130413051306 LastLast
Results 26,081 to 26,100 of 26103
    I gave Jason sporkz for his work on this thread(even my Trump demerits). I know it was an impossible task. I learned a lot about politics from some of you guys and gals. See you on the Duke Basketball thread.

Good night Chet(tribute for the Huntley, Brinkley and Cronkite days of news reporting).

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    You know for the next year or so .you will be hearing trump did this trump did that.we going to undo trumps ect.

He lives rent free in plenty of peoples heads .you will probably hear it for quite some time.
    Maybe, but the history-making 80M+ people that voted him out of office and made him a loser live rent free in his.

we all thank Jason for his hard work, and yet emphasize to him that we're apt to turn on him at any moment, without warning, because that's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is this where we say our goodbyes?

What a long strange trip it has been. Someone online said the best way for Biden to connect with the people would be to walk to the podium for his acceptance speech and start with "well, that was weird."
    If it wasn't such a serious thing ...

That said, your quip reminded me of back in 1991, just several weeks after being arrested for indecent exposure, Pee Wee Herman shows up at the 1991 MTV video music awards, and after a rousing welcome, he asks, "Heard any good jokes lately?"

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Here is a list of things we are celebrating today.
    National Cheese Lover's Day
    I like how the day is dedicated to the people that love cheese, but not to cheese itself. (Also, if it is as written, it's really dedicated just to one person. Enjoy your brie, Jane! Today is your day!)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    If it wasn't such a serious thing ...

That said, your quip reminded me of back in 1991, just several weeks after being arrested for indecent exposure, Pee Wee Herman shows up at the 1991 MTV video music awards, and after a rousing welcome, he asks, "Heard any good jokes lately?"
    I do recall that.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I like how the day is dedicated to the people that love cheese, but not to cheese itself. (Also, if it is as written, it's really dedicated just to one person. Enjoy your brie, Jane! Today is your day!)
    Blessed are the cheese lovers?

Jerry said it best:

he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him back
    ~rthomas

We have had our share of cheesy jokes and puns...

I believe it is "blessed are the cheese makers"... but I think it is directed to any manufacturer of dairy products.

-Jason "you cannot imagine how much I want that to be my final post in this thread" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Congratulations to everyone still able to post on this thread and on the DBR forums...WE MADE IT! It was close a few times, but we did it!

A few closing thoughts...

We survived four years of Trump, and eight years of Obama before that, and eight years of Bush before that, and eight years of Clinton before that...I'm feeling pretty confident that we'll survive the next four years.

"Trump revokes his lobbying ban on former White House staffers just hours before his administration leaves office"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eol?li=BBnb7Kz

Will any of these people be effective lobbyists? Rs may have to tiptoe around Trump, but I think anyone else might be given the high hat.

One of my favorite Coen Brothers' scenes, which is sayin' sumthin. So many great lines.

Time for unity.

I pray that Trump supporters show the same amount of respect towards the new administration and side of the aisle as they received over the last 4 years.

Amen and a-woman.

It's over...

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    It's over...
    Sporkz, sporkz, sporkz...

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Time for unity.

I pray that Trump supporters show the same amount of respect towards the new administration and side of the aisle as they received over the last 4 years.

Amen and a-woman.
    Well, some of them did try to violently stop one of our fundamental democratic processes to prevent Biden from assuming office. So...not off to a great start.

We can only go somewhere from here!

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Time for unity.

I have learned a lot about civics, the law and the constitution thanks to everyone here.

Also thanks to the mods (especially Jason) for putting up with all of us on this thread.

(BTW, I am still looking for my pardon )

Glad this nightmare is over. Trying to explain Donald Trump as president to children has been a nearly impossible task, as we teach them to be humble and modest and educated and kind and not to discriminate, and then the see the President embody all of that four years... As a social studies teacher it has been really hard.

Will be curious to see how the Biden administration tackles trying to fix the many issues left behind by the last administration, such as the undermining of environmental protection, the gutting of so many government agencies, and the abandonment of our traditional allies while cozying up with our enemies.

Looking forward to boring political stuff, like the appointment of people who are experienced and knowledgable in their fields, normal relations with allies, and a notable lack of personal attacks, complete with terrible grammar and spelling, on social media.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...sult-list.html

Oh, and I was always so satisfied to see both the level of discourse here, and also that nearly every poster here recognized the last four years for what they were. DBR is a great forum full of really intelligent, informed posters, a real reflection of our University, and I always knew that, of all the forums I frequent, DBRers “got it” better than most, which was a relief in a world where it seemed the least informed, least intelligent, most crass voices were loudest. So thanks to everyone, including Jason for keeping this thing open. Some things are more important than sports.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Don’t feed the trolls