Page 972 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4728729229629709719729739749821022107214721972 ... LastLast
Results 19,421 to 19,440 of 67389
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would bet there's a YouTube video on how to do it; I would hunt for it and then assess after watching.

(If there's no video on it, then -- take it to a mechanic)
    I am fairly confident with minor stuff. Looks like a fuel filter requires a couple of very unique tools. Might be a shop job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I need to replace a gas filter... anyone able to gauge if that's something I can futz with myself?
    Depends on the car. Last one I did, I had to get a tool to disconnect the filter from the fuel line, which was pretty cheap. The big challenge for most cars these days is how accessible the thing is. There will be a little bit of spillage so you'll need a plastic container of some sort or some rags. Check Youtube / google; it should be a much easier job than trying to paint a car.

P.S. " anyone able to gauge if that's something ..." (I see what you did there! lol)

"Fuel me once, shame on you; fuel me twice..."
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    P.S. " anyone able to gauge if that's something ..." (I see what you did there! lol)

"Fuel me once, shame on you; fuel me twice..."
    You two are firing on all cylinders this morning, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Holy moly...brings back memories of spray painting "the boyfriend's" old VW about a hundred years ago. But, I'm guessing you weren't asking about that sort of escapade. "The boyfriend" still reminisces that I shouldn't have made him get rid of that car when we got married.

He needs mental help.
    No too much since he had enough sense to marry you.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Holy moly...brings back memories of spray painting "the boyfriend's" old VW about a hundred years ago. But, I'm guessing you weren't asking about that sort of escapade. "The boyfriend" still reminisces that I shouldn't have made him get rid of that car when we got married.

He needs mental help.
    I beg to differ. He might have been right, if it was a VW van. Millennials are gobbling them up and living out of them now; they're the latest rage. Even failing snobby East Coast media elites are noticing. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...media-movement

P.S. What did you spray paint? Any interesting colors or designs? A big giant "9F" on the hood? Inquiring minds want to know!!

I beg to differ. He might have been right, if it was a VW van. Millennials are gobbling them up and living out of them now; they're the latest rage...
    Although he had a van, oh yes, with curtains on the back windows, the red spray-paint was applied to his VW Bug. No idea which neighbor of his decided that car was good for "Mr. Fixit" to take care of. Likely the neighbor's wife decided that the nice young man down the street looked goofy enough to inherit the old Bug.

And as to old fads coming back strong at the whim of the Millennial Patrol...

Ladies, attention! Are you noticing the resurgence of high-heeled clogs?! I asked my daughter if she had kicked herself in the ankle with those beasts yet. GOOD LORD!!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Niece Elizabeth is driving from PA to Atlanta. She called me as they were leaving Durham. She had never seen the Duke campus so she and Max stopped for a quick look around. They did not go the few miles down the road to look at the unc campus.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    They did not go the few miles down the road to look at the unc campus.
    That sounds reasonable and completely appropriate to me. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That sounds reasonable and completely appropriate to me. ��
    They aren't both Pitt/Stamps Family Foundation Scholars for nothing.

To Pop Tart or not Pop Tart, that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I think it depends on the flavor.

I think, therefore I Pop Tart,

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Breakfast tacos for me, thanks...

I thought the question was whether or not to paint the Skylark? If so, what color?

I need to replace a gas filter... anyone able to gauge if that's something I can futz with myself?
    I am fairly confident with minor stuff. Looks like a fuel filter requires a couple of very unique tools. Might be a shop job.
    Frequently, places like Autozone and Advance Auto have specialty tools that they lend out. You have to put down a deposit, but are credited when the tool is returned. Not sure if the tools for fuel filter replacement are available, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. (They will also offer advice on location of the fuel filter, and how to change. They are probably more helpful if you actually purchase the fuel filter from them.)

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I ended up having brisket tacos, my Friday morning staple. I did purchase some strawberry frosted Pop Tarts for consumption over the holiday weekend.

I thought the question was whether or not to paint the Skylark? If so, what color?
    Yes, that one is still on the table. Original factory color was if Fire Red and I will likely stick with it.

There was leftover cake sitting out when I got to the office. Nothing wrong with a piece of cake at 6am...right? Right???

Taco Billy?

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    There was leftover cake sitting out when I got to the office. Nothing wrong with a piece of cake at 6am...right? Right???
    Cake is fine at anytime.

Being at the office at 6am, now that is the problem

I HATE the IRS.