Page 912 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 412812862902910911912913914922962101214121912 ... LastLast
Results 18,221 to 18,240 of 67404
    Someone could take one for the team...
    Post something partisan and inflammatory that will induce lots of replies that will get deleted... of course it will earn you an unpaid vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Someone could take one for the team...
    Post something partisan and inflammatory that will induce lots of replies that will get deleted... of course it will earn you an unpaid vacation
    By the way, I do not approve this message. Just laying out a strategy.

Far too much shade being thrown in that other thread. When in reality, they're still talking about many of the same issues they were a year ago...

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Far too much shade being thrown in that other thread. When in reality, they're still talking about many of the same issues they were a year ago...
    Repetition isn't necessarily frowned upon in the LTE. Pop Tarts should be mentioned often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    They've resorted to padding posts over there? How very LTE like.

Remember when Jason took all of our jokey posts about the election and switched them to the Presidential thread? Turn about seems fair play to me.

(Hint, hint.)

We will still out last them.

Panic posts, my wanker.
    Hmmm, we have a mechanism for disapproving a post...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

BTW, I never panic post. What I would deem pathetic is how they somehow maintain a guise of civility over the course of that other thread when it has been closed at times and had posts deleted. Sure, there has been some self-censoring/redacting, but really...

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    New? Pshah. I have like 1 or 2 posts in this thread. I'm a volume poster
    I'm an ABV poster .

They've resorted to padding posts over there? How very LTE like.

Remember when Jason took all of our jokey posts about the election and switched them to the Presidential thread? Turn about seems fair play to me.

(Hint, hint.)

We will still out last them.

Panic posts, my wanker.
    Perhaps it warrants an investigation...

I really don't get the view that these two threads are in competition. With due respect to all.

But I am a heavy poster on the other thread so maybe I'm the wrong one to see it.

Enjoy both. Be happy.

Be the Uncarved Block.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I really don't get the view that these two threads are in competition. With due respect to all.

But I am a heavy poster on the other thread so maybe I'm the wrong one to see it.

Enjoy both. Be happy.

Be the Uncarved Block.
    Not a competition, that other thread is likely of much greater social utility. We're just trying to maintain the truth to this thread as shown in its title, Longest. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not a competition, that other thread is likely of much greater social utility. We're just trying to maintain the truth to this thread as shown in its title, Longest. Nothing more.

My current post counts/status/messages:

Presidential thread: You have 0 posts here.

LTE: You have 1,750 posts here.

Ymm, Beer: You need counseling.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Does this qualify?

Attachment 6786
    Edmund Fitzgerald always qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Uh oh...
    I fail to see how anything related to yard chores, menu cards and complaints about yard chores could be described as "panick-posting"

I, for one, consider it my sacred duty to make sure everybody else knows that I intend to shirk as much manual labor as possible.

And, I am going to make a nice fall pork roast tonight.

Now, back to all your equally riveting ruminations.
    Last edited by weezie; 11-01-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Boy, would I like to really edit this post. Into weezie-speak...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Posted without comment to retain neutrality.

Wait, doesn't this belong in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Posted without comment to retain neutrality.
    I am in favor of net neutrality. If I can post a political view here.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am in favor of net neutrality. If I can post a political view here.
    I like net neutrality, too. But, I prefer my rims to be Duke-biased/favorable.

Wanted ya'll to see what I posted a little while ago in the Presidential Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Folks, there is no competition. It is silly. This thread's purpose is to provide some intelligent and thoughtful folks with a non-partisan, non-argumentative outlet for talking about the presidential election. That thread's purpose is to be long. Just because this thread has gotten long, it does not mean there is suddenly some desire or effort to make this thread longer than that one. It is not going to happen and no one should care anyway.

If I actually wanted a thread to be longer than the LTE, I would merely merge all the threads about Duke hoops recruiting into one thread (not just this year, but every year of recruiting -- it would be called "ongoing recruiting collector thread") and it would dwarf the LTE. What's more it would actually be more connected and logical as one thread than the LTE is. But, that is not how DBR works and if some folks want to have fun by maintaining a thread that's sole purpose is to keep on going on and on and on and on, that's perfectly fine.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Sure glad we're not a bunch of knitters (nit pickers, maybe ) here or we'd have a thread with eleventy billion posts.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sure glad we're not a bunch of knitters (nit pickers, maybe ) here or we'd have a thread with eleventy billion posts.
    I'm going back to beer-tasting with our younger daughter tonight. And tomorrow. And Thursday. Then Saturday at tailgate. I hear there's a (somewhat long) thread for that somewhere on DBR.

I say we go for it.

Earlier today I posted that I felt like startin' somethin' and this is the idea I've now come up with.

C'mon folks, who's with me?

Random thought of the day for me: I really miss those chocolate Pop Tarts with the peppermint filling. Whatever happened to those? I might have been the only person who liked them, but I really, really, really liked them.

How long will it take to get to 1000 posts, do you think? Never?
    Let it be said that today devildeac posted the 17,830th post in this thread which was started on 12-20-2007 by Bostondevil. Anyone know how many times devildeac has posted in this thread?