Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    What's the saying? It takes 6 weeks to create a habit?
    Every nun I know says it can be done in a week.

100 per day for 22 consecutive days. Done and done!

I agree with elvis14--I too can see a difference and I'll continue to do pushups.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Every nun I know says it can be done in a week.
    Ouch.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Ouch.
    But nuns have a lot of practice at creating habits...

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    100 per day for 22 consecutive days. Done and done!

I agree with elvis14--I too can see a difference and I'll continue to do pushups.
    Great job getting the 2200 done. Love the consistency of 100 per day!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Great job getting the 2200 done. Love the consistency of 100 per day!
    Thanks! After about ten or eleven days it was difficult, but I pushed through and the last 4 days were pretty easy to do. My form has improved greatly, and I'm clearly stronger.

Thanks! After about ten or eleven days it was difficult, but I pushed through and the last 4 days were pretty easy to do. My form has improved greatly, and I'm clearly stronger.
    Agree! I struggled to do 75 the first week or so but now can knock out 4 sets of 25 pretty easily. (Catching some breath in between)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

100 yesterday so I'm up to 1990 for the month!

I wasn't as consistent with my days, some were 150 some as high as 275 but I agree that some days were more difficult than others no matter what number I hit. Some days I could knock out 100 in 3 sets to start my day and it was just easy. Other days it was difficult to get them done. I'd do a few sets in the morning and then not do any more until after 10 pm.

I like the effect it had. I'm pretty fit this still made a nice, positive difference. There is a friend of mine that's been doing 100 a day for over a year to support a sick friend. Every time I've seen him post about it (not often but every now and then when it fits a conversation, he's not bragging), I feel like it's something I should try. Guess I need to find the right cause.

This was easy to get started because it was a number: 2200 and a short term deadline (end of April).

150 today. Up to 1750 so 450 left.
    150 again today. 300 left.

150 again today. 300 left.
    Hah, just realized I started with 50 earlier and completely forgot to do more. 250 left over 2 days. Not a problem!

Hah, just realized I started with 50 earlier and completely forgot to do more. 250 left over 2 days. Not a problem!
    125 today, 125 left.

Meanwhile, our own ClemmonsDevil will attempt 20,000 push-ups in 12 hours because "the rent is due".

125 today, 125 left.

Meanwhile, our own ClemmonsDevil will attempt 20,000 push-ups in 12 hours because "the rent is due".
    This makes my shoulders hurt thinking about it.

It’s the final countdown...

Wrapped up this AM. 2200 complete in April. Debrief:

First, the bad news. I did not transform into Predator Arnold in a month, which is clearly peak Arnold. Sadly, I did not even reach Kindergarten Cop Arnold. My shirts all still fit with plenty of room in the sleeves. I can't make my pecs dance the bongo. I've always been tall and lean; this did not change that.

The good news. I am not crazy into fitness but I do exercise so the actual push-up cadence wasn't too bad. They got easier and I progressed from an easy 25 per set to 30-35 per set without too much trouble. I'd expect my max to be around 50 or so. I was never more than tight after a work-out but I do notice some gentle size and definition increases in my chest and triceps. Also feel tighter in the core from all the plank work and some natural posture improvement.

The challenge helped so thanks to OP for throwing down the gauntlet. Hopefully will keep it up!

100 yesterday so I'm up to 1990 for the month!
    I knocked out my 100 on Tuesday and again on Thursday. (Don't ask about Wednesday...)

That puts me at 2190 with today left. I think I can knock out 10

I shall post when I comeplete!

I'm thinking of adding situps to the routine starting tomorrow. Any suggestions on a good number to work toward?

American Cancer Society has a walk 40 miles in May challenge starting. Considering it.

I have 75 left. I confess that I thought about quitting this week - missed some over the weekend and was thinking oh well just stop. Didn't give in. Still only doing wall push ups but have been trying to move further from the wall so there is more "push up" to it. Since I don't always finish these kind of things, I'm pretty happy with myself. Maybe I'll even get to the point of doing real push ups.

Also confess to getting caught in the office hallways doing them more than once this month.

I knocked out my 100 on Tuesday and again on Thursday. (Don't ask about Wednesday...)

That puts me at 2190 with today left. I think I can knock out 10

I shall post when I comeplete!

I'm thinking of adding situps to the routine starting tomorrow. Any suggestions on a good number to work toward?
    You may be disappointed, as I was, that confetti does not fall from the rafters upon completion and there is no “one shining moment” video of you doing a bunch of push-ups.

You may be disappointed, as I was, that confetti does not fall from the rafters upon completion and there is no “one shining moment” video of you doing a bunch of push-ups.
    I bet I could hire my 14 year old to throw confetti and blare the theme from Rocky!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    American Cancer Society has a walk 40 miles in May challenge starting. Considering it.

I have 75 left. I confess that I thought about quitting this week - missed some over the weekend and was thinking oh well just stop. Didn't give in. Still only doing wall push ups but have been trying to move further from the wall so there is more "push up" to it. Since I don't always finish these kind of things, I'm pretty happy with myself. Maybe I'll even get to the point of doing real push ups.

Also confess to getting caught in the office hallways doing them more than once this month.
    40 miles in a month? I get that waking my dog!

-jk