Page 42 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452921425421042 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    And just when I realized I was about to experience Spinal Tap in way so much more powerful than a Blockbuster rental, there he stood at my door. Nigel. Yes, Nigel, the very man that led me fretboard-first down this rags to riches and back to rags story.

"Hello Niles," I calmly introduced myself.
    Dr. Bendral interrupted.

"Let me see if I have this straight. You've told me :
    "She drives me crazy."
    BUt you know, DeJuan, you may be right. You might be crazy. You just might be the lunatic I'm looking for. Welcome to Atlanta! Who needs a house out in Hackensack?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    At the risk of being booed, I fear this story may kill the thread. So, ignore the story if you are so inclined and go back to discussing PopTarts. Or dogs. Or Michael Bolton.

Or not, if you love a good, weird, where the hell am I going now story.

My favorite sandwich consists of:

-leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey (preferably dark meat)
    -leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas dressing ("stuffing" to some of you)
    -cranberry sauce
    -a light layer of mayonnaise
    -black pepper

Preferably on good sliced deli bread. If not, at least on one of those good Sara Lee loaves or something.

Yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    At the risk of being booed, I fear this story may kill the thread.
    Nothing, save the heat death of the universe, can kill this thread. After a nuclear war, it would just be roaches, twinkies, and this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Nothing, save the heat death of the universe, can kill this thread. After a nuclear war, it would just be roaches, twinkies, and this thread.
    Your mama's so fat that she sat on this thread and it died.

Dear God, I am a nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Err, ummm, you mean palmetto bugs, right?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Err, ummm, you mean palmetto bugs, right?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Never! A roach is a roach.

Has anyone mentioned yet that this thread passed the "longest thread ever" point about 150 posts ago?

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Has anyone mentioned yet that this thread passed the "longest thread ever" point about 150 posts ago?
    No, you're the first to realize that. Congrats on the eagle eye.

Actually, our new goals are 1) to put it out of reach on the post count side and 2) catch the 70k views of that preposterous Patrick Patterson thread. We have a ways to go.

We should also pass Bobby Knight in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My favorite sandwich consists of:

-leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey (preferably dark meat)
    -leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas dressing ("stuffing" to some of you)
    -cranberry sauce
    -a light layer of mayonnaise
    -black pepper

Preferably on good sliced deli bread. If not, at least on one of those good Sara Lee loaves or something.

Yours?
    -leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey (preferably white meat)
    -leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas stuffing ("dressing" to some of you)
    -cranberry sauce
    -leftover gravy
    -leftover mashed potatoes

All on a leftover dinner roll. It takes about three of these to equal one regular-size sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    -leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey (preferably white meat)
    -leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas stuffing ("dressing" to some of you)
    -cranberry sauce
    -leftover gravy
    -leftover mashed potatoes

All on a leftover dinner roll. It takes about three of these to equal one regular-size sandwich.
    Ooh! I forgot about the rolls...my mom makes the best ones. It seems they're about the same size as yours. Like little leftover Krystals.

Broomball

Any of you ever play broomball?

Our high school version of the game was played on the tennis courts when the nets were down (winter only); about 5 people per side, and a goalie. Equipment was a basic straw broom and a non-fully-inflated volleyball. Rules were like icehockey, except there were no blue-lines; there was offsides.

The inter-class rivalries were always played out in broomball games, it was pretty intense/entertaining.

Man, I want to play again, but I've never heard of/seen it out here. Maybe it was just a mid-Atlantic thing?

longest thread

I thought Bush mispronounces Battier was the longest thread at about 850 or 880 posts (or should that be mispronunciates )

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Speaking of Thanksgiving leftovers, anybody ever had (or heard of) potato candy? I grew up with the stuff and I still know how to make it.

Never had potato candy, but I do like a strawberry cake in the middle of winter...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Any of you ever play broomball?

Our high school version of the game was played on the tennis courts when the nets were down (winter only); about 5 people per side, and a goalie. Equipment was a basic straw broom and a non-fully-inflated volleyball. Rules were like icehockey, except there were no blue-lines; there was offsides.

The inter-class rivalries were always played out in broomball games, it was pretty intense/entertaining.

Man, I want to play again, but I've never heard of/seen it out here. Maybe it was just a mid-Atlantic thing?
    I did! I did! When I was in college (University of Vermont) I played and was the goalie for my team. I had a blast! Warming up afterwards was more fun, IIRC. Beer was definitely the drink of choice after a game of broomball game.

Ahhh, thanks for the chance to reminisce a little more this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I did! I did! When I was in college (University of Vermont) I played and was the goalie for my team. I had a blast! Warming up afterwards was more fun, IIRC. Beer was definitely the drink of choice after a game of broomball game.

Ahhh, thanks for the chance to reminisce a little more this week.
    WHAT, pray tell, is a game of broomball game? Please explain.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Don't ya hate it when you know you should just turn off the computer and go to bed, but yet you stay up way too late browsing useless stuff, and then are dead tired the next day?

Thumbs up longest thread

Okay... nothing interesting to say (as is my norm)...but wanted to post another post to help you on your way. XXOXX