Page 1403 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 4039031303135313931401140214031404140514131453150319032403 ... LastLast
Results 28,041 to 28,060 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thoughts on managing a difficult neighbor?

Solution 1 is some new privacy bushes so we don't have to look at each other so much!
    Rumor has it that my problem neighbors are FINALLY talking about moving. I'll believe it when I see the moving van pull away. They are know pathological liars.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I broke the lawn mower trying to mow in between two rocks. I was 11 at the time, so I use that as my excuse. Also string trimmers weren't a thing at that time.
    Wish I could say the same...I was 61 when I destroyed my mower blade on the metal stake. And, I DO own a string trimmer. (the metal stake was in the ground against the side of a building where I was mowing and I was too lazy to use the string trimmer to trim along the edge of the building, so I got a little too close with the lawn mower. Ugh).

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    That one hammered us - we lost power for the better part of a week. One of my neighbors came to get his small kids from their rooms to go to the basement. Just after leaving one room, a large branch speared his roof, went through his kid's bed, and on into the kitchen below.

My BiL in Paoli had a massive oak branch hit his house in Paoli, PA, this week. It didn't spear, but did crush his eave.

Last night, in the DC area, we had a solid storm, but not too bad. Nothing major came down. (There's this dead branch, probably 50' up, about 6" in diameter. Fortunately, it's between houses...)

-jk
    I was living in Cincinnati, OH at the time. Lost power for a couple hours which was pretty good. I know people who were without power for a week when Ike came through.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Rumor has it that my problem neighbors are FINALLY talking about moving. I'll believe it when I see the moving van pull away. They are know pathological liars.

Ahhh, so likely false rumors. That is kinda disappointing.

Solution 1 is some new privacy bushes so we don't have to look at each other so much!
    Six foot privacy fence? How far apart are your respective houses?
    6 foot tall fence with bushes that go above that.

Empire Strikes Back

6 foot tall fence with bushes that go above that.
    There you go because I’m 6’4”. Don’t want a Wilson situation on my hands!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    That one hammered us - we lost power for the better part of a week. One of my neighbors came to get his small kids from their rooms to go to the basement. Just after leaving one room, a large branch speared his roof, went through his kid's bed, and on into the kitchen below.

My BiL in Paoli had a massive oak branch hit his house in Paoli, PA, this week. It didn't spear, but did crush his eave.

Last night, in the DC area, we had a solid storm, but not too bad. Nothing major came down. (There's this dead branch, probably 50' up, about 6" in diameter. Fortunately, it's between houses...)

-jk
    I'm just down the road from Paoli; all sorts of mess; we lost power for 2 days, got it back for a few hours, then splat again. PECO's outage map web site is awful, plenty of false-alarm "you're fixed" premature texting going on...
    "Quality is not an option!"

I talked Mrs. Turk to get the clippers out cleaning up the mess around my ears a bit. I wanna decide what kind of mullet to rock; I am torn between Joshua Tree-era Bono or NHL scoring champ Penguins-era Jaromir Jagr? Any one else I should consider?
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I talked Mrs. Turk to get the clippers out cleaning up the mess around my ears a bit. I wanna decide what kind of mullet to rock; I am torn between Joshua Tree-era Bono or NHL scoring champ Penguins-era Jaromir Jagr? Any one else I should consider?
    9FA3C1CC-9C0B-4E59-AF9F-589C45D9C035.jpg ?

Empire Strikes Back
    Too many loose ends...

I just suggested that SonPK and I watch Brazil. I’m either a great parent or a terrible one.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I just suggested that SonPK and I watch Brazil. I’m either a great parent or a terrible one.
    I have it on BluRay but have not watched it.

...a Wilson situation on my hands!
    Story of my life.

At first, I thought I had opened the Firearm thread when I read this post.

Apparently I missed something in the Laughter is the best medicine thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Must have been some strong medicine!

I missed it too.

Too many loose ends...
    But the best of the trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Must have been some strong medicine!

I missed it too.
    The world will never know.

I have it on BluRay but have not watched it.

Did you watch it?