Page 58 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960681081585581058 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 67395
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    she is Brazilian(but no native Brazilian in her, pure European Brazilian).
    ???

Is that like being from Portugal, down old South America way?

Talking Metathread

Seems as though the straying PWs over here are attempting to use EarlJam's limerick strategy over on the PPB Huck thread.

Really! First you go after EarlJam, then you steal his idea. Have you no shame? The least you could do is attempt to make it work.

Don't look now Wilson, but colchar is approaching you.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Kristen Bell is up there.
    Wow, not sure how I could fail to mention Scarlett, especially after her participation in the 'Yes We Can' video.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    ???

Is that like being from Portugal, down old South America way?
    I think so, basically there are those in Brazil of African descent, European descent, some Asian countries and then descendants of the indigineous tribes or obviously a combination of any of the above. Gisele is likely of all European extraction, where she is from in Brazil has communities that are almost exclusively of German extraction and you will find German being spoken there(Novo Hamburgo is one example). Similarly, you will also find Spanish, Portuguese, and both Japanese and Chinese communities. So, while she is "Brazilian", Gisele is essentially a German transplanted there.

I make the distinction as she does not appear to have any native Brazilian(Indian) genes. I am not sure Brazilians would make this same distinction.

Nearly seven hours between posts? Come on, people.
    Since my "hottest celebrity" question was essentially a non-starter, what's your favorite breakfast cereal?
    Mine is Honey Smacks (you know, red box with the frog on it).
    If you're not a cereal person, then what's your preferred breakfast item?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Since my "hottest celebrity" question was essentially a non-starter, what's your favorite breakfast cereal?
    For the life of me could not think of a celebrity I really want to be with.

My favorite breakfast item is hands down, pancakes. But I usually eat Cheerios or oatmeal.

Favorite breakfast cereal is probably the inimitable CTC, but I don't indulge very often. Normally breakfast for me is lunch as I'm a bit of a late riser.

On the weekends, we usually have some sort of brunch on Sundays. My wife makes kickin' waffles.

I'm a huge fan of the cocoa pebbles.

Chocolatey goodness.

BTTOTB

Moving this back up in the hopes someone will post something clever. Lot's of bickering going on on Main Board, and I just avoid PPB whenever possible.

Oooo, here is a trivia question for you baseball fans - saw this on my page-a-day calendar:

Which two teams have had four 20-game winners? Must name the year and the team.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    One is the '69 Orioles.

ETA: OK, I know it's the Orioles of that era - 3 straight World Series, 1 title, but I'm only about 90% sure that it was the '69 team that had the 4 20 win guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    One is the '69 Orioles.

ETA: OK, I know it's the Orioles of that era - 3 straight World Series, 1 title, but I'm only about 90% sure that it was the '69 team that had the 4 20 win guys.
    Close. It is the O's, but not the '69 O's.

You know, I was never really all that passionate about cereal until we had a baby and now that I'm looking at what's on the cereal aisle through the lens of "this is what my child will be eating before school in 5 years", I'm appalled! (yes, I said it and I really mean it - appalled! : )

What IS this garbage? Blue flakes of God-knows-what substance covered in sugar? This is supposed to be food?

I know it's going to be a losing battle, but I'm going to make the effort to make our house a Kashi-only zone.

Breakfast

Eggs!!!

Egg sandwich, eggs over easy, poached on toast, omelette's up the wazoo! You can't get enough eggs!

Note that spell checker doesn't like wazoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Eggs!!!

Egg sandwich, eggs over easy, poached on toast, omelette's up the wazoo! You can't get enough eggs!

Note that spell checker doesn't like wazoo.
    I too love eggs any way. My favorite single dish (not just egg dish, but any dish) is Eggs Benedict. If I go to brunch somewhere and see that on the menu, I will immediately stop looking at the menu, disregard everything else, and automatically order Eggs Benedict.

Does anyone else like eggs cooked with feta cheese? Am so craving some now.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Does anyone else like eggs cooked with feta cheese? Am so craving some now.
    Sunday we went to a local diner and I had an omelet with cheddar cheese, jalapeņos, and tomatoes. Eggcellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Sunday we went to a local diner and I had an omelet with cheddar cheese, jalapeņos, and tomatoes. Eggcellent!
    That sounds good, minus the jalapeņos. I'm a wimp, I admit it, when it comes to jalapeņos.

longest

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    For the life of me could not think of a celebrity I really want to be with.

My favorite breakfast item is hands down, pancakes. But I usually eat Cheerios or oatmeal.
    EJ is a celebrity-how about him?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I must have misunderstood the question. I thought Wilson was referring to someone known to the world, not just DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You're back.

Don't you have patients to see, patents to develop, a world to save instead of posting on DBR?