Page 164 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 641141541621631641651661742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 67390

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hmm, it's 3AM here in the PNW; and 5AM in Atlanta -- I wonder if our resident insomniac is up early? (and why am I still at work? )
    I had a back spasm around the ribs yesterday, so I had to take Advil PM. I actually got decent sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I found out today that my car is dead (long story...perhaps I'll tell it after I finish fuming). As most/all of you presumably know, I'm a grad student.
    Grad student=can't afford a new car.
    Flippin' sweet.
    I am sorry, my condolences! If I had anything useful to say/do, I would, but as it is can only hope things work themselves out favorably soon!

Hmm, it's 3AM here in the PNW; and 5AM in Atlanta -- I wonder if our resident insomniac is up early? (and why am I still at work? )
    You're still at work??!! At 3 AM? Dear God, why? Go home, DevilAlumna, go home!

I found out today that my car is dead (long story...perhaps I'll tell it after I finish fuming). As most/all of you presumably know, I'm a grad student.
    Flippin' sweet.
    Sorry to hear that. Any chance your car can be fixed? Is a scooter a viable option?

I don't understand. You are in Pacific time and Atlanta is in Eastern time. That = 3 hours (unless you are not on Daylight Savings Time.)

Flippin' sweet.
    Dude, that really sucks! I'm sorry to read you're in a jam (not to be confused w/Earljam).

Here's a thought: Doesn't Hotlanta have pretty decent public transportation? If so, then you'd only really need your car to visit Miss Kentucky? If that is the case you can rent a car for those occasions. Think of all the money you could save on gas.

If none of the above works, I'm sorry. Don't know what else to suggest.

Smile Love that Prius

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Dude, that really sucks! I'm sorry to read you're in a jam (not to be confused w/Earljam).

Here's a thought: Doesn't Hotlanta have pretty decent public transportation? If so, then you'd only really need your car to visit Miss Kentucky? If that is the case you can rent a car for those occasions. Think of all the money you could save on gas. (
    For our most recent weekend trip to Kentucky, we just rented a car from the airport. We went for a standard car, using some hideous coupon. When we got there, they told us that they were out of standard cars, and offered us an SUV, a Ford Grand Marquis, etc... I asked them if we could get a Prius.

The gas for the whole trip (going and returning) was about $60. GOT to love that Prius! 46+ mpg.

Uh oh ... that should spark a message from throaty.

If you are in the Emory Credit Union, you might find some good deals on cars. But definitely look into what MARTA programs are available.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I don't understand. You are in Pacific time and Atlanta is in Eastern time. That = 3 hours (unless you are not on Daylight Savings Time.)
    My bad -- I had in my head that ATL was in Central time. I plead fatigue.

Absolution granted.

Smile Having the LTE break yet another record

Yes, but how were you to know that I wouldn't wake up at 3 or 4AM? AND THEN you'd have to expect Ymo at 5 or 6AM Eastern time.

Has the LTE experienced posts in each hour of a day yet? That might be a worthy goal. What does our leader, Bostondevil, think of this goal?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Yes, but how were you to know that I wouldn't wake up at 3 or 4AM? AND THEN you'd have to expect Ymo at 5 or 6AM Eastern time.

Has the LTE experienced posts in each hour of a day yet? That might be a worthy goal. What does our leader, Bostondevil, think of this goal?
    Go ahead.

I'm not going back through all 154 pages though. We can start keeping track from here. So, 11am - noon, EDT is covered.

In a totally East Coast bias kind of way, I'm only keeping track of EDT/EST posts.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh, tonight as the Opening Ceremonies are being broadcast, I will begin my project for the Ravelympics (it's a knitting thing from Ravelry, the knitting website). The goal is to start and complete a project while the Olympic flame is lit. (In the US, you are allowed to start either in real time or during the broadcast, whichever you prefer.) The idea is to pick something that will be a challenge but not impossible to complete in 16 days. Me? I'm knitting my first pair of socks.

I'm also a part of Team Red Sox Nation. One of the inspirational threads on Ravelry for Team Red Sox Nation is Butt Watch 2008. This thread includes photos of the posterior regions of Red Sox players in uniform (and discussion of said photos). Needless to say, if I can ever figure out how to borrow the photo of Mike Lowell, I will finally have my avatar.

My knitting friends all tell me that once you go handknit socks, you never go back.

I'm working from home today.

My frigging washing machine beeps when it's done. It beeps 3 times every 20 seconds for about 10 minutes, like some kind of Guantanamo torture. I'm too busy (or lazy) to go shut it off. If I had gun I would shoot it. Maybe I should defenestrate the machine. I just wanted to use that word, defenestrate. It doesn't get used enough.

Smile LTE hourly record

Well THAT got off to a rousing start.

We now have the 2PM Eastern hour covered.

Please update with a post in the 3PM hour.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Smile No record-setting performance today

Well, at least we have a post in the 5PM eastern time slot.

When do the Olympics come on? Will we get live action late at night?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I think we've crossed over into the 6:00 pm eastern time slot.

My guess is that some of the cable channels will show live events, but big networks show tape delayed stuff in the evening and some live stuff in the early morning. Let's hope the men's BBall is shown live.

I've been slacking for the last day and a half...missed my usual posting hour this morning. Am I allowed to take another time slot? Do I have compensate the holder of that time slot?

7:19?

Just got back from a nice walk with the dogs. The puppy is so lively, you get her outside and "it's a great day to be alive"!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've been slacking for the last day and a half...missed my usual posting hour this morning. Am I allowed to take another time slot? Do I have compensate the holder of that time slot?
    Your normal time slot is <10 hours away, right?

8:22 my time, 7:22 DBR time. The opening ceremonies are on, pretty cool.