Page 1774 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 77412741674172417641772177317741775177617841824187422742774 ... LastLast
Results 35,461 to 35,480 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It’s a major award!
    Did you win a leg lamp?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Did you win a leg lamp?
    Better. Recognition at a virtual conference and a plaque to be mailed at a later date.

Better. Recognition at a virtual conference and a plaque to be mailed at a later date.
    Congratulations on the award! As someone who absolutely hates his coworkers I hope you vanquished foes and rivals along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, you are a rocket scientist!
    Not quite - was about 22yo and worked with LandSat program - working on identifying crop yields around the world based on satellite imagery. Both manually using a magnifying glass and automatically by developing statistical algorithms that would classify type of crop based on digitized stats from differing wavelengths. Never worked with so many former CIA people.

Learned a little about how bureaucracies work - if there was a surprise audit of workers showing up for work on time (8am) we would get early am phone calls at home from coworkers warning us to come in even later. Auditors left around 9:30 so if you waited until 10 you wouldn’t be counted as a late arrival. Our stats always looked good!

Congratulations on the award! As someone who absolutely hates his coworkers I hope you vanquished foes and rivals along the way.
    Honestly, it's a program award so the whole team has to be recognized. (Rolls eyes)

Leftovers for days. But not the rapture kind of leftovers. Those would be weird for me to eat for dinner.

Honestly, it's a program award so the whole team has to be recognized. (Rolls eyes)
    But here is where you pull the Mr Burns in the bowling episode and take the credit (and trophy) for yourself.

But here is where you pull the Mr Burns in the bowling episode and take the credit (and trophy) for yourself.
    Are you saying I'm the Mr. Burns of the team?

Burns.jpg

<nm>

Are you saying I'm the Mr. Burns of the team?

Burns.jpg

<nm>
    Just from a success standpoint.

I've got a reggae channel on the Pandora playing and it just hit me with Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Go home, Pandora. You're too drunk for jukebox karaoke.

Just from a success standpoint.
    It's okay. Ever since one of my professors told our business school class that every team had a social loafer to promote accountability and intra-team conflict, I call 'dibs' on that job right away. It really is the best job.

There is no one - and I mean no one - who does not like unearned success.

It's okay. Ever since one of my professors told our business school class that every team had a social loafer to promote accountability and intra-team conflict, I call 'dibs' on that job right away. It really is the best job.

There is no one - and I mean no one - who does not like unearned success.
    When we would have group work in college I would tell the group that I was going to do the entire assignment but they were free to help with research or just accept the grade. I wanted to do it all so those nimrods didn't screw it up. This also is probably not surprising.

When we would have group work in college I would tell the group that I was going to do the entire assignment but they were free to help with research or just accept the grade. I wanted to do it all so those nimrods didn't screw it up. This also is probably not surprising.
    Nice. We had a business school team member who was DEFINITELY our social loafer. Came from old cotton money. Limpest handshake I've ever encountered. Not even like you miscue and one of you grips too early so it feels like the other person is limp...this was a serious dead fish. We had a legit conversation (me yelling at him) about 'the war of northern aggression'. He's a real estate agent in Florida now and posts a lot of Fauci conspiracy theories on Facebook in between listing postings. GAWD, now I'm pissed off.

Latest Zoom horror story. My boss was on a Zoom presentation with about 100 college students last week and one of the students started, uh, taking care of himself with Guns 'n' Roses playing.

This is now the 3rd time that people I work directly with have seen giggly bits on work calls.

Nice. We had a business school team member who was DEFINITELY our social loafer. Came from old cotton money. Limpest handshake I've ever encountered. Not even like you miscue and one of you grips too early so it feels like the other person is limp...this was a legit dead fish. We had a legit conversation (me yelling at him) about 'the war of northern aggression'. He's a real estate agent in Florida now and posts a lot of Fauci conspiracy theories on Facebook in between listing postings. GAWD, now I'm pissed off.
    Glad I could help!

Latest Zoom horror story. My boss was on a Zoom presentation with about 100 college students last week and one of the students started, uh, taking care of himself with Guns 'n' Roses playing.

This is now the 3rd time that people I work directly with have seen giggly bits on work calls.
    What?!?! Literally?!?!

What?!?! Literally?!?!
    Yes. I’m not joking. I had my exit interview for my old job and my boss told me it happened to her a few nights ago. I’ve had several colleagues see stuff on when participants have taken phones to bathrooms and not turned off video.

Yes. I’m not joking. I had my exit interview for my old job and my boss told me it happened to her a few nights ago. I’ve had several colleagues see stuff on when participants have taken phones to bathrooms and not turned off video.
    The people I hate at work do that and I'm having Aimo punch em in the face. I'll even wrap her hands and act as her corner man.

There was a funny moment on the Golden Globes just now. The first award winner started his speech on mute.

There was a funny moment on the Golden Globes just now. The first award winner started his speech on mute.
    Are you being held at gunpoint? Why are you watching this?