Page 1743 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 74312431643169317331741174217431744174517531793184322432743 ... LastLast
Results 34,841 to 34,860 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This is true of everything except green beans. Green beans should be cooked into Oblivion and taste like whatever meat you put in the pot 14 hours ago to make them palatable.
    Collards also say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Fiber.
    Hah hah. Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is muppet considered a meat or grain?
    Fiber.
    Hah hah. Ew.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not ok with this line of discussion.

Well, as another poster pointed out recently, you should Google where imitation vanilla flavoring comes from. I wish I hadn't.
    I looked that up and I am more like imitation vanilla than I actually knew.

Collards also say hello.
    This is also correct. I have brought great shame upon my family.

So you can't believe every thing you read on the internet. But you can if you read it on the DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not ok with this line of discussion.
    So if I start a Ymmm, Muppets thread, you’re not in?

Insert Big Bird Thanksgiving meme here...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Insert Big Bird Thanksgiving meme here...
    The scene in 'A Muppet Family Christmas' when the Swedish Chef is making dinner and Big Bird walks in is pretty great.

I recently found out my toddler is just tall enough to reach the trash lid, open it up, and start flinging stuff out of it.

He’s entered the “trash panda” stage of development.

I recently found out my toddler is just tall enough to reach the trash lid, open it up, and start flinging stuff out of it.

Wait until you reach the perilously climbing stairs and inexplicably standing on the back of the couch phase.

Wait until you reach the perilously climbing stairs and inexplicably standing on the back of the couch phase.
    He can already get upstairs but not down. Can’t get on the couch yet, thank God! He can do pull-ups on his crib which is, uh, concerning.

Do realize he can also drop stuff in, stuff you'll have to fish out. Or wonder, weeks later, where is that thing?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Do realize he can also drop stuff in, stuff you'll have to fish out. Or wonder, weeks later, where is that thing?

-jk
    Oooh, thanks for the pro tip!

This is true of everything except green beans. Green beans should be cooked into Oblivion and taste like whatever meat you put in the pot 14 hours ago to make them palatable.
    I'm not a fan of most cooked vegetables. However, I have a green bean bundle recipe that is great. Fresh green beans wrapped in bacon with a mustard/brown sugar glaze. Made it once and only had lemon dill mustard - would repeat it that way - it was great. Green beans need to have a little bit of a crunch to them.

Or put them in steak soup.

I need to make friends with younger people. I'm tired of hearing about I know that have passed away. Lost a good man to a heart attack while he was shoveling snow on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I need to make friends with younger people. I'm tired of hearing about I know that have passed away. Lost a good man to a heart attack while he was shoveling snow on Wednesday.
    Sorry to hear that DinK.

Sorry to hear that DinK.
    Thank you. It is always hard to hear out of the blue about these things. Not as hard when the death is anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thank you. It is always hard to hear out of the blue about these things. Not as hard when the death is anticipated.
    I have an extremely tightknit group of friends from high school. And it was weird when it flipped from more likely to attend a funeral than attend a wedding.

I have an extremely tightknit group of friends from high school. And it was weird when it flipped from more likely to attend a funeral than attend a wedding.
    Very true. It is also strange, but heartwarming, when you go to a funeral and say you had a good time. You had a chance to celebrate a life and reconnect with others. I remember that from an uncle's funeral many years ago - had a chance to see cousins I hadn't seen in a while and spent time with my Dad as I went with him and did the driving part.