Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    No, no and no...
    But keep trying. I might just have to wink if anyone gets it...
    Davis Love III😀

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Davis Love III😀
    Ha ha! The nicest guy you will ever meet. His house down here caught fire earlier this year...in the early days of the pandemic. The entire large house was destroyed in minutes at 5A (along with a lot of his trophies)...we could see the flames from a few miles away across the marsh, and it was amazing. Afterwards he talked about how fortunate they were. The guy is a really good person. But then you knew that.

Ha ha! The nicest guy you will ever meet. His house down here caught fire earlier this year...in the early days of the pandemic. The entire large house was destroyed in minutes at 5A (along with a lot of his trophies)...we could see the flames from a few miles away across the marsh, and it was amazing. Afterwards he talked about how fortunate they were. The guy is a really good person. But then you knew that.
    Despite his unfortunate collegiate choice . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Sean O'Hair? Chris DiMarco? Jerry Kelly?

In case it isn't clear, these are my next guesses for f-bomb dude.

Since we're getting the inside scoop on some PGA players, did Dustin Johnson really sleep with Jason Dufner's wife? I read a list of the so called biggest jerks and some on the list were golfers. Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson and Dustin because they said he slept with other tour player wives. Then one of my friends said he heard one of the wives was Jason Dufners.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Since we're getting the inside scoop on some PGA players, did Dustin Johnson really sleep with Jason Dufner's wife? I read a list of the so called biggest jerks and some on the list were golfers. Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson and Dustin because they said he slept with other tour player wives. Then one of my friends said he heard one of the wives was Jason Dufners.

GoDuke!
    That is not uncommon. I personally know a player who got divorced after his indiscretion.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post

GoDuke!
    Here's a published story. Tiger Woods was dating Jason Dufner's ex, after TW was single and Jason's divorce. It was an item of discussion to say the least and there was talk of a big feud. Then, the two golfers decided to shut everybody up.

Here's the report from For the Win:
    Ordinarily a report like this wouldn’t cause much stir, but because the National Enquirer has been out in front of so many sex scandals in recent years — including Woods’ own — Tiger’s agent put out a statement categorically denying the report. Then, on the Sunday before the British Open, Tiger and Dufner played a practice round together in full public view, essentially issuing a not-so-subtle middle finger to the reports.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Sean O'Hair? Chris DiMarco? Jerry Kelly?

In case it isn't clear, these are my next guesses for f-bomb dude.
    No to all three. To be fair, calling him a former phenom is probably an exaggeration. He may just have been considered an “up and comer” during the year he was selected for Ryder Cup. I think his ranking steadily fell afterwards. That could be why there were so many f-bombs. There was another golfer in our group that day who was playing really well. When F-bomber was loudly getting more and more frustrated, Nice Guy tried to help him by complimenting every good shot F-Bomber made (maybe the constant swearing was starting to affect his own focus). But it wasn’t long before Nice Guy’s game started to go south.

J.B. Holmes?

This has to be right. Doesn’t it?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

J.B. Holmes?

Sadly, no.

J.B. Holmes?

Check your messages, unless you want to keep trying...

Check your messages, unless you want to keep trying...
    I want to make a few more guesses. After this I give up. The following are listed in order from most likely to least likely:

Jimmy Walker
    Ryan Moore
    Chad Campbell
    Chip Beck
    Vaughan Taylor
    Scott Hoch
    Brandt Snedeker
    Brad Faxon

If none of these is correct, I give up!

I want to make a few more guesses. After this I give up. The following are listed in order from most likely to least likely:

Jimmy Walker
    Ryan Moore
    Chad Campbell
    Chip Beck
    Vaughan Taylor
    Scott Hoch
    Brandt Snedeker
    Brad Faxon

If none of these is correct, I give up!
    None of those. I have carried for snedeker, who seemed quite nice and well-mannered. But you have been working hard on those guesses!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    None of those. I have carried for snedeker, who seemed quite nice and well-mannered. But you have been working hard on those guesses!
    I'll get in with a couple of foul-mouthed former phenoms.

Jeff Overton or Brett Wetterich. (OK, phenom's pushing it. But you did say Ryder Cup.)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I'll get in with a couple of foul-mouthed former phenoms.

Jeff Overton or Brett Wetterich. (OK, phenom's pushing it. But you did say Ryder Cup.)
    Ding ding ding. I agree that phenom was an overstatement. Unless you lived in Indiana.

Ding ding ding. I agree that phenom was an overstatement. Unless you lived in Indiana.
    So it was Overton? If so, phenom was a serious overstatement, lol.

So it was Overton? If so, phenom was a serious overstatement, lol.
    I admit that! My bad. But when I carried for him, that was what I was told. At the time it was not that far removed from his Ryder cup, so that may explain it. But yes, I made this much harder than it needed to be. I will say he was quite talented in maximizing his swear words per sentence ratio.

Alex Smalley and Chandler Eaton are in the PGA Tour LatinoAmerica field which starts tomorrow in Georgia (Duluth).

Streelman and Long are playing the RSM Classic in Sea Island. Some other non-Duke notables...Day, Oosthuizen, Westwood, Poulter, Im, Fleetwood...many of these international players have not played the RSM in the past. I wonder if the proximity to the Maters (in time and distance) was a factor. Also Webb Simpson and Kevin Kisner...Wish they were allowing spectators. I made need to find a friends house along the course.

Streelman and Long are playing the RSM Classic in Sea Island. Some other non-Duke notables...Day, Oosthuizen, Westwood, Poulter, Im, Fleetwood...many of these international players have not played the RSM in the past. I wonder if the proximity to the Maters (in time and distance) was a factor. Also Webb Simpson and Kevin Kisner...Wish they were allowing spectators. I made need to find a friends house along the course.
    Usually Hilton Head is the week after the Masters in April. Perhaps this is the geographical equivalent -- 200 miles to Sea Island vs. 142 to Harbour Town
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013