Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Celine Boutier

Led plenty of today's final round in Dubai (Euro women's Tour), only to bogey the 17th, then lose a playoff to Minjee Lee.

https://www.scoreboard.com/golf/ladies-european-tour/

They played under floodlights during this tourney, called Omega Dubai Moonlight Classic. Very interesting watch and very close at the end with 5 women in the hunt down to the last two holes, in which they played in a shotgun start format, meaning everybody teed off at same time, just 3-somes on different holes. So everyone finished almost at the same time, yet on different holes. Congrats to Celine, but it was hers to win. GO DUKE!!! 9F9F9F!!!

Adam Long shot -1 today and is T-!3. Seventeen pars and one bogey.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam Long shot -1 today and is T-!3. Seventeen pars and one bogey.
    Wouldn't 17 pars and one bogey be +1?

It was my understanding there would be no math.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Wouldn't 17 pars and one bogey be +1?

It was my understanding there would be no math.
    You are correct, Mr. Sumner. Adam had 17 pars and one BIRDIE on the 13th hole. And speaking of holes,
    carolina can still go to HELL!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You are correct, Mr. Sumner. Adam had 17 pars and one BIRDIE on the 13th hole. And speaking of holes,
    carolina can still go to HELL!
    Ain't that the truth.
    GoDuke and GTHC!!!!!

Adam ties for 11th? Wins $155,000. Nice weekend.

Unfortunately none of our guys qualified for this week's Master's. Next up will be Sea Island Nov. 19th. Perhaps Duke will be represented well there.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Unfortunately none of our guys qualified for this week's Master's. Next up will be Sea Island Nov. 19th. Perhaps Duke will be represented well there.
    Right now Streelman and Long are both listed in the field for Sea Island’s RSM Classic, but players have until Friday to make a final decision. Sadly there will be no spectators, and therefore I have been furloughed from my Standard Bearer job this year. Last year I carried for Wes Roach, who is a really nice guy. You learn a lot about the players when you get to walk behind them for a round...Most are real gentlemen, but there have been a couple who have surprised me in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Right now Streelman and Long are both listed in the field for Sea Island’s RSM Classic, but players have until Friday to make a final decision. Sadly there will be no spectators, and therefore I have been furloughed from my Standard Bearer job this year. Last year I carried for Wes Roach, who is a really nice guy. You learn a lot about the players when you get to walk behind them for a round...Most are real gentlemen, but there have been a couple who have surprised me in the wrong direction.
    Oh please ... enquiring minds want to know!

It's good to hear about Roach ... and Streelman also seems to present as a thoroughly nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Oh please ... enquiring minds want to know!

It's good to hear about Roach ... and Streelman also seems to present as a thoroughly nice guy.
    Without naming names...
    *There is a well-liked golfer (hint...he has an unorthodox back swing) who does not even acknowledge the volunteers who walk with him...most come introduce themselves and say thanks at the start of the round, and then give an autographed ball at the end. This guy totally ignores the volunteers. I have carried for him twice, so I know it wasn’t an accident.
    *one golfer (who was a phenom early on but hasn’t kept the pace) who used the f-bomb more times in a single sentence than most people could imagine using in a year. One f-bomb for each word. And he wasn’t playing that badly!)
    *one golfer who didn’t want to make the trip to the “comfort station” 50 feet away and so simply walked behind a tree to relieve himself. People across a pond had a full view.

Some of the nicest guys I have been lucky enough to carry for are Zach Johnson, Webb Simpson, Davis Love (or course, it is his tourney), Matt Kuchar, Ben Crane, Brendon de Jonge...more when my memory returns.

Without naming names...
    *There is a well-liked golfer (hint...he has an unorthodox back swing) who does not even acknowledge the volunteers who walk with him...most come introduce themselves and say thanks at the start of the round, and then give an autographed ball at the end. This guy totally ignores the volunteers. I have carried for him twice, so I know it wasn’t an accident.
    *one golfer (who was a phenom early on but hasn’t kept the pace) who used the f-bomb more times in a single sentence than most people could imagine using in a year. One f-bomb for each word. And he wasn’t playing that badly!)
    *one golfer who didn’t want to make the trip to the “comfort station” 50 feet away and so simply walked behind a tree to relieve himself. People across a pond had a full view.

Some of the nicest guys I have been lucky enough to carry for are Zach Johnson, Webb Simpson, Davis Love (or course, it is his tourney), Matt Kuchar, Ben Crane, Brendon de Jonge...more when my memory returns.
    Making my guesses now....

The first golfer, who ignores the volunteers, is Jim Furyk. (Wolff too new to be the guy.)

The second golfer is....maybe Anthony Kim? I was thinking Speith but he doesn't strike me as an F-bomb dropping guy. My other guesses besides Kim would be maybe Jason Duffner, Ricky Fowler (although he is still really good), or maybe Keegan Bradley (although I don't know that either Duffner or Bradley would qualify for the word 'phenom')? Boo Weekley or maybe Bubba Watson???

No idea about the third guy. Seems like something John Daly would do, but surely he can't be the only one.

You don't need to identify these guys, but I would really love to know whether any of my guesses for f-bomb guy is correct....Maybe you could just say that the guy you had in mind is or isn't in the list of 7 names I came up with?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

I have heard Tiger drop an F bomb more than once !

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Making my guesses now...

The first golfer, who ignores the volunteers, is Jim Furyk. (Wolff too new to be the guy.)

The second golfer is...maybe Anthony Kim? I was thinking Speith but he doesn't strike me as an F-bomb dropping guy. My other guesses besides Kim would be maybe Jason Duffner, Ricky Fowler (although he is still really good), or maybe Keegan Bradley (although I don't know that either Duffner or Bradley would qualify for the word 'phenom')? Boo Weekley or maybe Bubba Watson???

No idea about the third guy. Seems like something John Daly would do, but surely he can't be the only one.

You don't need to identify these guys, but I would really love to know whether any of my guesses for f-bomb guy is correct...Maybe you could just say that the guy you had in mind is or isn't in the list of 7 names I came up with?
    None of your f bomb guesses were correct. I think his phenom status was a tad earlier than at least a few you mentioned. I believe he was on the Ryder Cup team early in his PGA life, and that was his main qualification as a phenom.

But I will say that you did get one out of my three examples correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I have heard Tiger drop an F bomb more than once !
    Yeah...this guy let at least 10 into every sentence. At that was after only his second bogey. His poor caddy.

None of your f bomb guesses were correct. I think his phenom status was a tad earlier than at least a few you mentioned. I believe he was on the Ryder Cup team early in his PGA life, and that was his main qualification as a phenom.
    Tony Finau?

(sorry; j/k)
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Tony Finau?

(sorry; j/k)
    This is fun. This may be a hard one to guess. The guy has not been visible on PGA tour lately, and I am not positive he still has his pga card).

I am glad you were kidding about Tony because I have heard he is a real gentleman.

I have another one about a well-known experienced European player who absolutely lost it when the monitors (who were actually sitting too far away to spot his ball) could not correctly (in his mind) identify where his ball went into the marsh. I didn’t think it made that much difference..he was going to drop and take a penalty shot regardless. But maybe those 10 yards did make a difference since his next shot also went in the marsh.

This is fun. This may be a hard one to guess. The guy has not been visible on PGA tour lately, and I am not positive he still has his pga card).

I am glad you were kidding about Tony because I have heard he is a real gentleman.

I have another one about a well-known experienced European player who absolutely lost it when the monitors (who were actually sitting too far away to spot his ball) could not correctly (in his mind) identify where his ball went into the marsh. I didn’t think it made that much difference..he was going to drop and take a penalty shot regardless. But maybe those 10 yards did make a difference since his next shot also went in the marsh.
    Hunter Mahan? Others I thought about were: Scott Hoch, and Mark Calcavecchia. But my guess is Mahan. Thanks for the inside scoop on PGA players. I find it very interesting.

GoDuke!

Without naming names...

Did you ever carry for or get to know my buddy Neal Lancaster from Smithfield? Nicest guy in the world but rarely got on tv because of his penchant for dropping f-bombs within microphone range!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Hunter Mahan? Others I thought about were: Scott Hoch, and Mark Calcavecchia. But my guess is Mahan. Thanks for the inside scoop on PGA players. I find it very interesting.

GoDuke!
    No, no and no...
    But keep trying. I might just have to wink if anyone gets it...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Did you ever carry for or get to know my buddy Neal Lancaster from Smithfield? Nicest guy in the world but rarely got on tv because of his penchant for dropping f-bombs within microphone range!
    I don’t know Neal. But there are a few who swear.. The boom mic is often very close by though, so many of them have learned. At the RSM next week they will use two courses on Thursday and Friday, and one of the courses gets less coverage. The players seem to know that and act accordingly.