Page 974 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 4748749249649729739749759769841024107414741974 ... LastLast
Results 19,461 to 19,480 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    You just made it 11.

You the real MVP.
    Just made it to 11? Better send an updated resume. PM me your new plans? I know a lot of people in this town. Would love to be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    No backsliding Ymo. You said you banned sweets and you know to stick by it. Leave more room for the ahem, wine and/or beer. Nature's sweets as I call the fermented grape or oat sodas.

Shall I be your nag? OK, challenge accepted. Be STRONG!
    I had the Pop Tarts this morning. Yes, toasted or at least warmed up. My ban on sweets was in my home(yes, these broke that ban.) Like luburch, I found myself all to often with "leftover" cake, cookies, or candy in the home. And I would consume it at all hours of the day. Pre-breakfast, as breakfast, mid-day snack on weekends, and late night pre-bed hunger pangs satisfier. Ice cream in particular somehow always ended up in my freezer. Not sure how it got there, truly a mystery, but I'm not one to leave food to waste. (Well, maybe brussel sprouts, but luckily those haven't invaded my home in some time). So, avoiding those random late night predations and more consistent eating on weekends has aided my waist line. I still have a candy bar at work several times a week. What I am a bit bothered by is that my soda intake has gone up. I mainly drink diet sodas, so the artificial sweeteners appear to be part of my body's compensation for the missing sweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Just made it to 11? Better send an updated resume. PM me your new plans? I know a lot of people in this town. Would love to be able to help.
    You got friends in low places?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You earned it, I just happened to be there when you went over the top.

Congrats, you will get the Eleven Sporkz Club paperwork in the mail. As Treasurer, just sent the initiation fee to me.

Yup, put it on about 2 1/2 hours ago. 14.4 pounds before trimming. Not sure if it will be lunch or dinner tomorrow. At 1 - 1.5 or so hours per pound, big variance.

Attachment 7442

Of course, given that you are in Texas, I gotta warn that BBQ pork butts are more comfortable for me. Brisket is less forgiving and still working on it. So, no promises.
    To complete the circle:

IMG_0358.jpg

I dunno about "friends," but I do know some peeps. Seriously, I would be interested to know what you are up to.

I've got whiskey and beer.

To complete the circle:

And the verdict is?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And the verdict is?
    Mmmmmmmmmeat comaaaaaaa....

To complete the circle:

IMG_0358.jpg
    I just bought some green beans at the farmer's market. What time are leftovers set for?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    I just bought some green beans at the farmer's market. What time are leftovers set for?
    I'm supposed to be in Vegas soon, I'll just bring some out with me!

I'm supposed to be in Vegas soon, I'll just bring some out with me!
    Does that mean I get to meet OPK???

Does that mean I get to meet OPK???
    Trust me, you'll be disappointed. It's what I do.

Playing a few events in the WSOP at the Rio, schedule permitting.

Trust me, you'll be disappointed. It's what I do.

Playing a few events in the WSOP at the Rio, schedule permitting.
    Oooh, you fancy.

I actually went to some of the minor events to peek in here and there once. Ate there (@ Rio), and it was interesting hearing people at other tables talking about the side games. Doyle Brunson was 2 tables away discussing some.

Besides, I can put down the time I spend meeting you as business development.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    ...What I am a bit bothered by is that my soda intake has gone up. I mainly drink diet sodas, so the artificial sweeteners appear to be part of my body's compensation for the missing sweets.
    All kidding aside, I found that trying some of the flavored sparkling waters, unsweetened but in the sweeter flavors, say cherry, raspberry helped enormously. Takes a while, sure, but grab one of those when those afternoon pangs hit and it might fake your brain out.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Oooh, you fancy.

I actually went to some of the minor events to peek in here and there once. Ate there (@ Rio), and it was interesting hearing people at other tables talking about the side games. Doyle Brunson was 2 tables away discussing some.

Besides, I can put down the time I spend meeting you as business development.
    I'll let you know, right now I have a hearing that may derail my plans. You know how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    All kidding aside, I found that trying some of the flavored sparkling waters, unsweetened but in the sweeter flavors, say cherry, raspberry helped enormously. Takes a while, sure, but grab one of those when those afternoon pangs hit and it might fake your brain out.
    I found a mineral water I liked (Pellegrino) and drink the fool out of it. The carbonation satisfies my taste for something zippy.

Have not had a soda in four months, and I used to drink at least three diet Cokes a work day.

I'm never drinking again.

I'm never drinking again.
    (And this time I mean it...)
    "Quality is not an option!"

I'll let you know, right now I have a hearing that may derail my plans. You know how that goes.

I found a mineral water I liked (Pellegrino) and drink the fool out of it. The carbonation satisfies my taste for something zippy.

Have not had a soda in four months, and I used to drink at least three diet Cokes a work day.
    Oooh a hearing in my hood? What the heck do you have going on out here?

And as for sparkling water... no. I had cut out soda for several years, but now have it on occasion. Sparkling water doesn't do anything for me. If there's fizz, it needs to be soda or champs.

"The piano has been drinking,
    Not me . . . "

-- Tom Waits

Are there people* who DON'T like bacon?

*Excepting vegetarians and those who don't eat pork for religious reasons.