Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Are the make cheerleaders going to be a thing now?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Are the make cheerleaders going to be a thing now?
    Probably- they are at the football games but unlikely to be the like the old days in Cameron- with the women being tossed in the air.

I found out I had ACCNX on my desktop computer in the worst way possible: they're showing Carolina Basketball Late Night.

I guess 7:30 counts as late night for the old crusty Heels. Dinner was at 4, right? And the emcee keeps trying to get the audience to be louder. Telling.

EMCEE: I can't hear you!

AUDIENCE: What?

EMCEE: I can't hear you!

AUDIENCE: Did you try turning up your hearing aid? Worked for us.

Does anyone have a link to watch? I have the ACC network.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Does anyone have a link to watch? I have the ACC network.
    I'm watching it at https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/...3-b6cbe18aa43e

If that doesn't work, go to https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule and click on "Duke Countdown to Craziness (M Basketball)" for shows that are Live Now.

Glad to find out I have this on my tv. Fun intros. Keels is huge.

Have you tube-has acc but no access to accnx--(*&^%^((

anyone know if nx can be added to you tube?

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    Have you tube-has acc but no access to accnx--(*&^%^((

anyone know if nx can be added to you tube?
    Are you trying to find it on the YouTube app or the ESPN app?

This scrimmage is crazy. I've always denied it, but tonight it really does look like Duke gets all the calls.

Woah.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Woah.
    Woah indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I'm watching it at https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/...3-b6cbe18aa43e

If that doesn't work, go to https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule and click on "Duke Countdown to Craziness (M Basketball)" for shows that are Live Now.
    Thank you! I actually found out I have ACC network extra - who knew?!?

Great to see fans in Cameron again! Let’s go Duke! And that dunk by Paolo…..

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Are you trying to find it on the YouTube app or the ESPN app?
    the ESPN app

Bachero is struggling at the line.haha

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This scrimmage is crazy. I've always denied it, but tonight it really does look like Duke gets all the calls.
    Any impressions? Not able to watch yet

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    A few thoughts…
    Wendell looks great. Fantastic shape. Looks ready to have a big year.
    Theo John is going to be a crowd favorite. Nice hook shots over Williams. He’s a bad bad bad man.
    Keels is big but moves with quickness I didn’t expect. He seems pretty relaxed and smooth.
    Banchero struggling with his shot. But he’s unstoppable on the drive.
    Williams looking really aggressive. Love it. Just made a 3!
    Joey making some nice shots. Still looking for him to be more decisive and aggressive.

Edit: And as expected, 82.3% of the student section looks lost.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Starting 5 is dominant. In recent years, I've remember the scrimmages being more balanced. Bench is definitely shallower this year, especially without AJ.

Williams controlling the paint and just hit a three. Bam hero is off on his jumpers. Love Keels’ energy and attacking. Moore is doing nicely and finding his spots.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    They’re doing two 12-minute games, and we have about 6:00 to go in the second. Small sample size, and I’ve only been half-paying attention, but here’s a few early impressions:

Paolo has not had a flashy breakout a la Zion, but has had a good night. Had a really great iso to a huge dunk. Seems to have a strong nose for the ball and is demonstrating a lot of versatility.

Mark has picked up right where he left off. A terror in the lane. He’s hunting blocks now and has shown a few more post moves than he had last year. It’s clear that our guys will learn to deal with size inside in practice this year, and there’s been a few moments where guys have hesitated tonight because they hear Mark’s footsteps. K had similar comments to this effect in the pregame, saying we’re more physically mature than last year. Oh, and he just hit a three.

Theo looks more than serviceable and will be a really solid contributor off the bench. He’ll also help spell Mark and provide a nice combination of size and experience for Mark to practice against. With Paolo, Mark, and Theo, our front court will definitely be the strength of the team.

Wendell has definitely upped his athleticism a bit, but has still had a few inconsistent plays. Had a really acrobatic finish and a few nice mid-range jumpers, but also had a few flubs at the end of the first game. It’s clear he’s improved but we’ll need him to be a consistent leader if we’re going to have success this year.

Joey seems the same as always, but he’s had a few nice shots.

Jaylen Blakes will probably be the odd man out, rotation-wise. Looks pretty raw, but has the tools to be solid. Has shown a few nice things defensively.

Roach has been a bit quiet tonight, IMO. Haven’t heard his name called too much.

AJ was dancing pretty well for a guy with a knee injury during the pregame.

Keels has looked pretty solid. Able to create off the dribble and get in the lane. Running with the presumptive starters in the second game.

In short: the frontcourt will be the strength of this team. I feel like this team will take us as far as Joey, Wendell, and AJ can take us. We’ll need legitimate scoring from the perimeter to be truly balanced. Wendell has shown a bit more athleticism today, so I’m hopeful.

Go Duke!

ETA: for posterity, presumptive starting lineup in the second game was Roach-Keels-Moore-Banchero-Williams.

Countdown to Craziness 2021 stage

Is all that extra scaffolding just for the CTC theatrics? I thought so, but there is a section by both baskets that looks like it's holding something the size of a shot clock display, so I'm wondering if any of it is a new permanent installation. It's visible in at the top of the stream I'm watching and certainly seems like it would block the court from some seats. Go Duke! I like our older gigantic players this year.