Page 2997 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 1997249728972947298729952996299729982999300730473097 ... LastLast
Results 59,921 to 59,940 of 67743
    Flying to Ottawa. I packed a coat. River will still be partially frozen

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    ...River will still be partially frozen
    If you walk on the ice, you Ottawatch your step.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Filled with regret for sharing my itinerary.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good luck! Just pushed my biggest project to a team in the EU. Greatly frees up my schedule. They are slowly duplicating our work over there and it doesn't bode well, which I'm fine with.
    I hosted a global training 10 minutes after THE email from the ceo dropped saying “it begins”.

Fun times.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Had the first night of auditions for 12th Night last night. Second night is Wednesday. Callbacks are Thursday.

I asked a widow if I could have a word at the funeral. I stood up and said "Plethora"'. She said "Thanks, that means a lot".

I asked a widow if I could have a word at the funeral. I stood up and said "Plethora"'. She said "Thanks, that means a lot".
    Go away. Right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I hosted a global training 10 minutes after THE email from the ceo dropped saying “it begins”.

Fun times.
    I was having a meeting a couple weeks ago, when an org announcement for the team I was meeting with was sent mid-call. Recognizing I had lost my audience, I wrapped up the meeting in a couple minutes. No sense in wasting people's time when they can't focus.

Simmer down, Clem...it's not like Ottawa puns are a capitol offense or anything.

...River will still be partially frozen
    Simmer down, Clem...it's not like Ottawa puns are a capitol offense or anything.
    I mean, you Canada-ve expected this board to let a pun opportunity go to waste.

Flying to Ottawa. I packed a coat. River will still be partially frozen
    Treacherous times in the northern regions, especially for those who didn't excel at science. We've had about six guys die in recent weeks falling thru the ice on their four wheelers as they go ice fishing...happens every year, guys drivie remarkably close to open water.

I mean, you Canada-ve expected this board to let a pun opportunity go to waste.
    Don't victim shame me.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Treacherous times in the northern regions, especially for those who didn't excel at science. We've had about six guys die in recent weeks falling thru the ice on their four wheelers as they go ice fishing...happens every year, guys drivie remarkably close to open water.
    It has to be pretty thick to drive out on it. And those guys have been doing it forever probably and they get flippant.

Don't victim shame me.
    My apologies, Clem. Enjoy your stay in Ontario.
    Just be sure not to stray too far westward...once you pass Toronto, the area is Erie.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Just be sure not to stray too far westward...once you pass Toronto, the area is Erie.
    Map humor.

I refer to Lake Ontario as Lake Inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I was having a meeting a couple weeks ago, when an org announcement for the team I was meeting with was sent mid-call. Recognizing I had lost my audience, I wrapped up the meeting in a couple minutes. No sense in wasting people's time when they can't focus.
    Yeah. I basically said, understand completely if you’re distracted and want to watch the session later, but continued on. A couple of folks seemed to appreciate that I at least said it out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Had the first night of auditions for 12th Night last night. Second night is Wednesday. Callbacks are Thursday.
    Do you have a Malvolio in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yep - I grew up in upstate New York and you knew the ice fishing season was over when you about someone losing a truck into Sacandaga Reservoir.
    But, what I don't understand is how you lost multiple people. I would think they would learn from the first guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    Yep - I grew up in upstate New York and you knew the ice fishing season was over when you about someone losing a truck into Sacandaga Reservoir.
    But, what I don't understand is how you lost multiple people. I would think they would learn from the first guy.
    Despite warnings from the state and fish and game people, there are always dullards who drive amazingly close to open water. Most of the time they get away with it, but I'm not sure these are the kind of folks who learn a whole lot from the "first guy."

A lake where we visit in the summers often has early season entertainment: the state requires that vehicles that fall through the ice (and I'm talking about some $60,000 trucks among other things) have to be retrieved by the owners...so specialized companies come in, send divers down to the vehicle (fortunately the lake isn't terribly deep) and they attach massive rubber balloons to the truck, inflate them, up pops the vehicle. Can't be inexpensive, makes for interesting viewing.