Page 2819 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 18192319271927692809281728182819282028212829286929193319 ... LastLast
Results 56,361 to 56,380 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Howling Cow ice cream went up by a dollar and there was considerably less in the cup.
    Was it at least fried?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Many people weren't too fond of Nan, but she was a very good fundraiser. She got me to help fund a scholarship.
    I like garlic nan.

Bridge over Troubled Water...

The nice thing about traveling for me is seeing so many beautiful places and finding new and delicious food traditions. Indian and Korean have been my kick for the last few years. The best Indian restaurants I have found (and there are a bunch) were in Vancouver, Asheville, Montreal, Toronto and Nashville. The best Korean was Montreal and Vienna (maybe the best meal I had in Europe). I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to do this. And it makes me want to punch the wall when my colleagues talk about finishing up a long day in the hospital at a sick kid's bedside and ordering room service. That seems like such a lonely, vacuous experience for me. I finished up with a kid late last night in Montreal and found an amazing Korean restaurant. Also fried chicken skin chips in spicy aioli. Top tier.

Like my mamma always says, “there’s more to life than poutine.”

We’re not sure why she says that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Are you sure it wasn't pooting?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That would make more sense, now that I think about it.

That would make more sense, now that I think about it.
    It's all about where you stress your syllables, folks.

...The best Indian restaurants I have found (and there are a bunch) were in Vancouver, Asheville, Montreal, Toronto and Nashville...
    Pray tell - which did you enjoy the most in Asheville? Mela? Chai Pani? Others?

There may be others. Between the pandemic and raising an active 4-year old, my eating adventures have declined precipitously.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post

There may be others. Between the pandemic and raising an active 4-year old, my eating adventures have declined precipitously.
    Andaaz in Biltmore Village is very good. I have heard good things about the new place on Biltmore Ave - Mehfil - but I haven't been myself.

The lunch buffet at Mela is very good. I'll rearrange my schedule for a tasty Indian buffet line.

Sounds like we just planned a DBR outing.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post

We just made our little kids go and took a ton of junk food for our son. My daughter would eat all the curries as a 2 year old. My son wouldn't touch the stuff. But as long as we took him a crap load of food he would sit there and eat. As for places, I think Mehfil, Chai Pani, Dilbar are all really good.

I guess a black eye and fifty bloody stitches constitutes a decent half day at the doctor's office! No Halloween costume required.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I guess a black eye and fifty bloody stitches constitutes a decent half day at the doctor's office! No Halloween costume required.
    ?!?!?

?!?!?
    Double ?!?!?

Yikes dude!

Recovery under way. Had to go in for a Mohs surgery to remove an invasive skin cancer...lots of burrowing and slicing required...got home yesterday with a world class headache, then Ralph and I drove the porcelain bus for a spell before I fell into bed.
    Not the best day, but today has been pretty good. Makes one (me) appreciative of good health...

Recovery under way. Had to go in for a Mohs surgery to remove an invasive skin cancer...lots of burrowing and slicing required...got home yesterday with a world class headache, then Ralph and I drove the porcelain bus for a spell before I fell into bed.
    Not the best day, but today has been pretty good. Makes one (me) appreciative of good health...
    Have a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Have a speedy recovery!
    thanks...getting recovered so I can yell at the TV tomorrow during the football game.

thanks...getting recovered so I can yell at the TV tomorrow during the football game.
    Hope they are yells of joy!

Rest well, I’ve had a Mohs done on my leg. Really weird to have a quarter-sized hole in your leg.