Page 106 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 67383
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I'm more confused about the TITLES of some songs. Why did the Who call it Baba O'Riley?
    Not sure of the accuracy but, http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1529

O.k., I've got one for y'all. The song "Sweet Southern Comfort" by Buddy Jewel is a sappy ode to the South which I am nonetheless addicted to. It includes the lyric, "... kissing Debbie William's sister on the porch homecoming week."

Well, I first heard it during basketball season and I thought the song went, "...kissing Gary William's sister..."

Edit: Wow! Just looked it up and that is exactly what the lyric is! Yuck. Obviously, Buddy isn't an ACC fan.

Before the new board software I could pull up DBR on my home computer and would be automatically logged in. Now, I have to log in every time I pull up the board. But, that doesn't happen at work, I can still pull up the board at work and be logged in.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14. I checked the options sections of tools and everything seems to be in order (mind you I'm not a computer expert) and I'm able to save passwords for other sites and be logged into them when I open them up.

When I do open up DBR and have to log in, I do check the "remember me" box. What else do I need to look into about DBR so that my computer will remember to log me into DBR when I open the page.

Thanks!!!

First, make sure your browser is set to accept cookies - that's how it remembers your username and password.

Then log out (which removes the DBR cookies) and then log back in, making sure to check the remember me option.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    First, make sure your browser is set to accept cookies - that's how it remembers your username and password.

Then log out (which removes the DBR cookies) and then log back in, making sure to check the remember me option.

-jk
    Did all of the above and am having the same problems. Any other advice?

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Well, I first heard it during basketball season and I thought the song went, "...kissing Gary William's sister..."
    Google 'gary williams sister' and check result number 3: 'The Hermaphrodite'.

Tilly--I don't have a solution for you. I am using the same version of Firefox and it's working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Did all of the above and am having the same problems. Any other advice?
    What happens if you use Internet Explorer or Safari?

I really don't have much else to offer from here; the possibilities are myriad.

It's probably not a problem with our board, or it wouldn't work at work, either. It's something local with your home computer and the Firefox installation.

If you want to take this off-line, let me know.

-jk

I'm BACK!!!

Hey y'all! Just got back last night -- looks like I have a lot to catch up on, here on the OTB. Anyone care to give a synopsis?

Wish I could say I missed everyone, but a week w/o internet was actually a lovely thing. Sun and warmth and diving and pina coladas were equally lovely.

Welcome back, DA.

In a nutshell people posted, others replied. Then Lavabe when on a posting rampage. I guess the academic year being over freed up some time.

Welcome back Devilalumna. How was your vacation?

As far as catching you up on the postings, ditto on Ymo's post above.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    ditto on Ymo's post above.
    Without the typo though... when instead of went. I'm slipping in my old age. I hand wrote some notes yesterday, my cursive was horrendous. It was like I forgot how to write.

Smile Welcome Home, DA!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hey y'all! Just got back last night -- looks like I have a lot to catch up on, here on the OTB. Anyone care to give a synopsis?

Wish I could say I missed everyone, but a week w/o internet was actually a lovely thing. Sun and warmth and diving and pina coladas were equally lovely.
    Synopsis:
    1) BillyBreen is still way out in the stratosphere, and has gotten even more prolific, now that we have new sofware (sic) on the DBR.
    2) Ymo is doing his best to make this draft work, especially without any NASCAR going on.
    3) Devildeac has cut back on his beer reviews.
    4) EJ has put up some vintage posts (especially the foam party photo).
    5) Bluedawg vs. TNTDevil on the PPB.
    6) Colchar did fine with his committee, and has a ticket for a British summer.
    7) Ozzie is Ozzie, Tilly is Tilly, and Jason is Jason. BostonDevil visited the knee doctor.
    8) Wilson's back in form.
    9) DBR ATL night at the Braves game last night: uga, EJ, Supadave, Steven, and me took in yet another one-run loss from the Braves.
    10) 2535Miles knows too much Bonnie Tyler songs.
    11) DukieinKansas & Fish80 are moving up in the LTE stats.

Has anyone else observed that throaty's HPR doesn't apply to the OTB?

I believe blublood needs waves; ghost did well with waves, and is now Dr. Ghost.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Lte

3) Devildeac has cut back on his beer reviews.

Lavabe[/QUOTE]

One or two new brews per week, unless I can trade malted beverages with someone, then I can have a 6er, trade 5 beers and do 6 reviews per week. I still have some "cellared" ales that I dust off every week or two that have not been reviewed. Now, if you will send up some Sweetwaters, I will be happy to review those in a couple weeks. If you would also send some additional samples from your next house-hunting trip or two to KY, I will be happy to review those,also. I really hope I have not duplicated any prior reviews. But, I would be willing to try. There, smilie maximum reached so Lavabe can not exceed (wink, wink-does that count as 5?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Synopsis:
    1) BillyBreen is still way out in the stratosphere, and has gotten even more prolific, now that we have new sofware (sic) on the DBR.
    1 error in 3,664 (make that 3,665) posts, and I'll never hear the end of it.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Bostondevil is recovering from her 8 year-old son's birthday party.

We had an obstacle course set up in the driveway, pizza, cake and chasing each other around with water guns. It looked like everyone had fun.

One more down, only 12 more to go. (I stop with the parties after they turn 11.) Number 2 son's last birthday party is in a couple of weeks, laser tag. They get to pick whatever they want for that last one.

I'm also just past the halfway point of being an elementary school parent. By the time the youngest gets to middle school I will have done 17 straight years of elementary school parenting. How many bake sales is that I wonder?

Perhaps I shouldn't count these things, but I do.

Smile upcoming grand event

Another event of note: we're nearing 100 pages in the LTE! Will we be doing something special to commemorate the 100th page?

BTW, DA, there's also an emoticon contest of sorts going on. Anyway, I think this started after you left for your vacation. The limit is 4 per post, 5 with one in the title. We're all trying to snag the title of the person with the most emoticons per post. See the excitement you've missed?!

:) Testing Emoticon Count :eek:

Thumbs up Now there's something I hadn't thought of...

... a post containing nothing but emoticons! That's one way to boost the old word/emoticon count.

another test

:<)
    :>(
    wink

that's seven, on technicalities, I guess (oh, no, what have I started now)