Page 2338 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 133818382238228823282336233723382339234023482388243828383338 ... LastLast
Results 46,741 to 46,760 of 67749
    The scale was kind this morning. I haven't weighed this little since I lived in Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did either of them roll around in the grass?
    Yes. It is the customary form of greeting between bundabergs.

Getting testy and contentious over in the MLB thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post

CNN had a big article about the Braces’ move yesterday.

I'm quick to tell people I don't think they know what they're talking about if I don't think they know what they're talking about. It's not particularly nice and I am aware that people don't like it. I realize this makes me a terrible person, but I think the burden is on the person making broad proclamations to be correct more than it's on me to be courteously deferential to a bad take. I also recognize that I'm saying that I know what a good and bad take is and that this may make me an absolute douche-canoe. And I'm okay with that too. I promise I actually do strive to be a nice person, I'm just not always.

Heading back to Kansas after a fun time in SC. Hit a chance to visit briefly with my favorite Clemson player. Bonus of the trip - Brother Dave was at his place in NC so he drive down to visit for a few hours. He had his first visit to the CASL.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm quick to tell people I don't think they know what they're talking about if I don't think they know what they're talking about. It's not particularly nice and I am aware that people don't like it. I realize this makes me a terrible person, but I think the burden is on the person making broad proclamations to be correct more than it's on me to be courteously deferential to a bad take. I also recognize that I'm saying that I know what a good and bad take is and that this may make me an absolute douche-canoe. And I'm okay with that too. I promise I actually do strive to be a nice person, I'm just not always.
    I googled douche canoe, and it is an actual term. Wow, learn something new every day.

And, yes, your picture was next to the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    CNN had a big article about the Braces’ move yesterday.
    I saw that one. It was a pretty good piece. I've seen a number of local responses more or less along the lines of "So what? All of baseball is losing fans of color, not just the Barves."
    ...to which I'd respond 1) How is that any better than if it were just the Barves losing such fans? and 2) If you're trying to stem that tide as an organization (which I'd submit that the Barves, as the team in one of baseball's biggest black Mecca markets, absolutely should be trying to do), then moving to a community with the ugly local racial past that Cobb County has, and then hosting things like Donald Trump smugly tomahawk chopping while the arch-conservative governor fans the Twitter flames is not the way to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I googled douche canoe, and it is an actual term. Wow, learn something new every day.

And, yes, your picture was next to the definition.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Heading back to Kansas after a fun time in SC. Hit a chance to visit briefly with my favorite Clemson player. Bonus of the trip - Brother Dave was at his place in NC so he drive down to visit for a few hours. He had his first visit to the CASL.
    Did they let you use the hyperbaric chamber?

Glad you had a nice time Dink! Be safe going home!

I saw that one. It was a pretty good piece. I've seen a number of local responses more or less along the lines of "So what? All of baseball is losing fans of color, not just the Barves."
    ...to which I'd respond 1) How is that any better than if it were just the Barves losing such fans? and 2) If you're trying to stem that tide as an organization (which I'd submit that the Barves, as the team in one of baseball's biggest black Mecca markets, absolutely should be trying to do), then moving to a community with the ugly local racial past that Cobb County has, and then hosting things like Donald Trump smugly tomahawk chopping while the arch-conservative governor fans the Twitter flames is not the way to get things done.
    I agree with all of this. We are inching closer to my absolute pain points on these issues.

Did they let you use the hyperbaric chamber?
    New favorite is the Hydromassage table. Shaped like a dentist chair, it uses high pressure water blasts to massage from feet to head - starts at one and moves up to the other. You can change the pressure, speed, and area of concentration. Sometime I would like to try the float tank and maybe the cryo chamber.

Where were you in SC? We just got to the Pawleys area a few days ago.

We had a VRBO in Anderson but were there for the Clemson FSU game so we could spend time with Nephew Alex.

We had a VRBO in Anderson but were there for the Clemson FSU game so we could spend time with Nephew Alex.
    Sounds like fun!

Clemson FSU game
    Back in the day that was a big game. This year, not so much.

Back in the day that was a big game. This year, not so much.
    On both sides. The ending play that messed the point spread and over/under was entertaining and happened at our end of the field.

Running on the beach is hard. Movies make it look so joyful. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Running on the beach is hard. Movies make it look so joyful. It is not.
    I don't know that I believe you. Chariots of Fire makes it look easy.