Page 2297 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 129717972197224722872295229622972298229923072347239727973297 ... LastLast
Results 45,921 to 45,940 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    In my younger days, it sometimes took me 3 doses of Alka-Seltzer. Sometimes, even that didn’t work. So I stopped… heavy drinking.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Me too.
    How did I not know about alkaselzer? I stuck to greasy brunches and, if the occasion called, a hair of the dog beer…

…ugh.

I love German airports. Breakfast beers everywhere.

It's all fun and games until you spill your dessert on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Better to have never had the dessert at all?

Better than spilling your flour on the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Better than spilling your flour on the desert.
    Ultimately, I skipped dessert. Almost WSOP time?

Just because you dropped your dessert doesn’t mean you should start your morning with Hennessy.

Oh, you mean the poker thing?

WSOP started a day or two ago.

My event if I can make it is in a few weeks.

There have been very few happy hours in my life that I've earned as richly as the one that's coming in an hour or so. It's been a hard working, but incredibly gratifying week.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    There have been very few happy hours in my life that I've earned as richly as the one that's coming in an hour or so. It's been a hard working, but incredibly gratifying week.
    can you share the essence of your accomplishments with us!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    can you share the essence of your accomplishments with us!
    Nothing in particular really; just a hard-charging week in the junior high trenches, capped off by the standard marathon Friday where my teaching partner was out, so it was just me and 31 7th and 8th graders from 8am until 3:15. Any week on junior high is a challenge; I guess I just feel like I met it really well this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Nothing in particular really; just a hard-charging week in the junior high trenches, capped off by the standard marathon Friday where my teaching partner was out, so it was just me and 31 7th and 8th graders from 8am until 3:15. Any week on junior high is a challenge; I guess I just feel like I met it really well this time around.
    I hear ya. I spent one of my Duke summers taking care of 12-14 year olds (20 of them per week) and that's a challenging bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I hear ya. I spent one of my Duke summers taking care of 12-14 year olds (20 of them per week) and that's a challenging bunch.
    And smelly. Like, peak ripeness.

I once aspired to be a teacher, until I realized that I would be teaching a bunch of aholes like me at that age. Decided to be a hermit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I once aspired to be a teacher, until I realized that I would be teaching a bunch of aholes like me at that age. Decided to be a hermit instead.
    I've never aspired to be a teacher because I am fully cognizant that such a decision on my part would most likely lead to me wearing orange for a substantial portion of my life. I'm not a fan of orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I've never aspired to be a teacher because I am fully cognizant that such a decision on my part would most likely lead to me wearing orange for a substantial portion of my life. I'm not a fan of orange.
    Oh how deeply I relate to this. I’ve perfected the “withering look I’m shooting you for however long it takes, because anything that might actually exit my mouth right now would almost certainly get me in trouble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I’ve done some volunteer education around wildlife and conservation. Third grade is the age I’d want to teach if I was a full-time teacher.

I’ve also taught the GMAT so had a class full of Goldman Sachs analysts who all thought they were smarter than me.

Happy Hour. Drinking Woodford Reserve to conjure up a feeling that Duke has a chance against the Holes tomorrow and trying to figure out just what species of ant is living off of muffin crumbs and nesting in my computer keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Happy Hour. Drinking Woodford Reserve to conjure up a feeling that Duke has a chance against the Holes tomorrow and trying to figure out just what species of ant is living off of muffin crumbs and nesting in my computer keyboard.
    You’ve got a lot going on. Woodford Reserve is a good companion.