Page 2213 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 121317132113216322032211221222132214221522232263231327133213 ... LastLast
Results 44,241 to 44,260 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    For 1600 pounds of margaritas
    Low sodium diet. 3200 lbs. 😎

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Gracious, I’m sorry to hear that. All my best to your family. I’m assuming you have CF somewhere in the family line?
    Nope. Luckily all the carriers have had the good sense to marry people who aren't carriers. Research has also discovered that more than one gene is involved with how CF presents. I was tested when I was pregnant with my youngest (it was a new test), and I'm not a carrier, but I probably passed along some genetic code that made symptom expression more likely as my husband is the carrier and has no symptoms whatsoever. His dad and brother do though. Mild stuff, but they both suffer greatly when they have respiratory infections. So, I guess that is a family history - but neither have been diagnoses with CF. I only attribute it to a CF gene because I have seen them both with bad colds - it is pure speculation on my part.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I didn't know this. I worked the CF clinic early in my career. One of my favorite groups to care for as a matter of fact.
    You didn't know that my oldest son is a carrier for CF? Or you didn't know that CF has a strong GI component?

Sometimes I think I shouldn't have had children, but then I look at them, super smart, handsome, kind, decent human beings and I think, healthy - who really cares about healthy? Given that none of them have girlfriends, maybe they won't pass any of these genes along. I'll just have to adopt some grandchildren. If I were betting, I'd go with Paddies as the least likely to ever have children and T-Bone as the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    You didn't know that my oldest son is a carrier for CF? Or you didn't know that CF has a strong GI component?

Sometimes I think I shouldn't have had children, but then I look at them, super smart, handsome, kind, decent human beings and I think, healthy - who really cares about healthy? Given that none of them have girlfriends, maybe they won't pass any of these genes along. I'll just have to adopt some grandchildren. If I were betting, I'd go with Paddies as the least likely to ever have children and T-Bone as the most likely.
    I definitely knew about the GI component. I have some dear friends in the CF Foundation. Very close to a couple of the past winners of the national award. https://www.drchatfieldaward.org/

Fish tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    T-Bone as the most likely.
    We haven't heard any adventures of T-Bone and the Drewsk lately.

So, if I were a betting man, I would wager I'll need a hip replacement at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, if I were a betting man, I would wager I'll need a hip replacement at some point.
    Which one and why?

Which one and why?
    Right, because there is persistent pain. It is alleviated by stretching my hip flexors a lot. But ultimately, it will be an issue I believe.

Right, because there is persistent pain. It is alleviated by stretching my hip flexors a lot. But ultimately, it will be an issue I believe.
    Right knee for me. I tore my ACL my senior year of hs and didn't get it repaired assuming I could come back for the state playoffs (I could) and be the player I was before the injury (I could not) because we were #5 in the state and I wanted another state title. I have a free floating patella that I have to strap in socket with a HUGE brace to play basketball and tennis. I have to really concentrate going down steps to not have it dislocate. Otherwise it works great!

None of us are constructed without defects that manifest with age and wear.

Correct. I need some replacement parts. Finally snapped on the pandemic thread. But I did try to strike a measured tone. My assumption is the one person I'm speaking to is going to assume I am talking to everyone else and not that person.

Part of it is likely a 200 lbs. body on a hip socket rated for 175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Right knee for me. I tore my ACL my senior year of hs and didn't get it repaired assuming I could come back for the state playoffs (I could) and be the player I was before the injury (I could not) because we were #5 in the state and I wanted another state title. I have a free floating patella that I have to strap in socket with a HUGE brace to play basketball and tennis. I have to really concentrate going down steps to not have it dislocate. Otherwise it works great!
    I've had aches and pains in my right leg over the years starting with high school track at age 14. 400m was my best event so I did a lot of laps and your right leg is your outside leg and likely getting more torque. Back then it was always knee pain. Lately, as I've focused more on flexibility with some HIIT and other more pedestrian routines, a few of those have a significant twisting component. Twisting particularly in the lower extremities. Think field throwing events like shot, discus, hammer, etc. This are what are directly impacting my hip I think. So, the solution likely is to stop those. And lose 20 lbs.

Part of it is likely a 200 lbs. body on a hip socket rated for 175 lbs.
    That'll do it. I've lost ~25 pounds last 18 months, probably have another 10-15 to go to get to my college/early 20s weight. I'm sure that'll help the my 6'4" joints, which have never been particularly good. Tight hamstrings, too.

I hyper-extended my left knee skiing Freshman year. It hurt for a day, then was fine. Several years later, I learned, during a step aerobics class, that moving at angles caused pain in the knee. Now, after years of playing league tennis, my knee gets stabbing pains and gives way occasionally. I see some kind of surgical treatment in the future.

And I have sprained my left ankle so many times, the ligaments are stretched out to uselessness. It's been paining me in strange ways recently. Both knee and ankle make it difficult to do the exercise needed to lose the weight to help the knee and ankle. Conundrum!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    And I have sprained my left ankle so many times, the ligaments are stretched out to uselessness. It's been paining me in strange ways recently. Both knee and ankle make it difficult to do the exercise needed to lose the weight to help the knee and ankle. Conundrum!
    I sprained my ankles playing pick up at Duke many times. They let me go see the physical therapists that worked with the student athletes. IIRC, these were the graduate level students in training. Anyway, I’m proud to say that my senior year sprain was the subject of much interest in the PT rooms in the bowels of Wilson. It was the most swollen and colorful ankle they’d seen!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Both knee and ankle make it difficult to do the exercise needed to lose the weight to help the knee and ankle. Conundrum!
    Exactly, hip is making it difficult to workout.

Exactly, hip is making it difficult to workout.
    Hip don’t lie.