Page 2211 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 121117112111216122012209221022112212221322212261231127113211 ... LastLast
Results 44,201 to 44,220 of 67675
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    "There are a lot of people who have really pissed me off this year..."

And my take of "Don't none of y'all know" about Pop in the Olympics thread was unpopular. REALLY unpopular. If people think I'm wrong they think I'm wrong. I am uninterested in changing minds.

I missed much of this, but the overall dismissiveness of Pop in that thread was off-putting. I thought folks around here would be better judges of coaching talent than they appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I missed much of this, but the overall dismissiveness of Pop in that thread was off-putting. I thought folks around here would be better judges of coaching talent than they appear to be.
    You mean all the people around here with 5 NBA championships and an Olympics Gold Medal? My guess is most people posting with critical opinions about how basketball should be played at the highest levels of the sport have very dusty trophy cases. Granted, there are poster exceptions --- I am not one of them so I stick to the 'rah rah'.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Honestly, that sounds not dissimilar to the lifecycle of a crate.
    Krait? Like a sea snake?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ha, yes, he is perhaps more accurately Catalan, I'll have to ask him how he sees himself, should he ever get here...
    Or in Catalonian how he thees himthelf.

Granted, there are poster exceptions --- I am not one of them so I stick to the 'rah rah'.
    Not many. Not many at all.

Krait? Like a sea snake?
    Nice homophone, animal planet.

It's like a Covid outbreak at a UNC pharmacy school event...

...isn't it ironic.

It's like a Covid outbreak at a UNC pharmacy school event...

...isn't it ironic.

Not unlike a free ride when you've already paid?

The Adventures of Alvar continue, he's happily holed up in a hotel room in Newark....I feel sorry for him when he gets into the airport and tries dealing with the iPad based ordering system in just about all the restaurants, the most horrid, unwieldy arrangement imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The Adventures of Alvar continue, he's happily holed up in a hotel room in Newark...I feel sorry for him when he gets into the airport and tries dealing with the iPad based ordering system in just about all the restaurants, the most horrid, unwieldy arrangement imaginable.
    Newark, the .... capital of America

Newark, the ... capital of America
    On one of the trips to visit Sister Sue and family, Sister Anne booked her return flight from Allentown to KC and the flight change was in Newark. It wasn't until the day before she returned that she realized the "flight" from Allentown to Newark was actually a bus. Never made that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    On one of the trips to visit Sister Sue and family, Sister Anne booked her return flight from Allentown to KC and the flight change was in Newark. It wasn't until the day before she returned that she realized the "flight" from Allentown to Newark was actually a bus. Never made that mistake again.
    ouch. Physically, there are decent places in EWR to hide out, empty gates, lots of seats..but the food situation is prehistoric...there used to be some good spots, now the Port Authority seems to have absolutely screwed up everything

Is there an old “ark” in the UK?

Is there an old “ark” in the UK?
    There is this between Cincy and Lexington, KY:

https://arkencounter.com/

There is this between Cincy and Lexington, KY:

https://arkencounter.com/
    The thing Steve Carrell built?

The thing Steve Carrell built?
    Yes. A plucky little branch of a small potatoes paper company.

Yes. A plucky little branch of a small potatoes paper company.
    Also a San Diego weatherman. Man of many talents.

So I pulled an intercostal muscle in my chest. Obviously there was no way to see this coming. An almost 50 year old doing 500 pushups 6 days a week. So I wasn't at risk of this or anything. It is a conundrum.

So I pulled an intercostal muscle in my chest. Obviously there was no way to see this coming. An almost 50 year old doing 500 pushups 6 days a week. So I wasn't at risk of this or anything. It is a conundrum.
    Happened to me about 10 years ago, I coughed and was in immediate pain. I found the UnderArmour compression shirts to be the most helpful in relieving the pain. About 4 months later I got a hernia by standing up. It was a weird time physically for me in my late 30s.