Page 1819 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 81913191719176918091817181818191820182118291869191923192819 ... LastLast
Results 36,361 to 36,380 of 67393
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    He has been doing this since 2007. I have been doing this since October or November. Geez.
    You've been doing a really great job. Everyone thinks so. Even some of the more curmudgeonly mods.

I only came here because you guys were very funny and insightful on the POTUS thread. I miss that thread so much.

I only came here because you guys were very funny and insightful on the POTUS thread. I miss that thread so much.
    Man. I don’t. I’m just happy it’s been reasonably normal and quiet on the political front. I don’t want to talk presidential politics for at least another few months.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Man. I don’t. I’m just happy it’s been reasonably normal and quiet on the political front. I don’t want to talk presidential politics for at least another few months.
    Or whenever Bostondevil opens the 2024 thread.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have posted this elsewhere (not on DBR) - the best governments are the boring governments. This is a nonpartisan statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have posted this elsewhere (not on DBR) - the best governments are the boring governments. This is a nonpartisan statement.
    I agree with this too.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh no, I just tweeted. Has it been 30 days? It's been awhile. I'll pretend it's been 30 days.

Not as much as the all-timers but you're rising fast! Post 6,000 more times (before YMo gets back) and you'll be the number 1 LTE boy!
    That's where that 1 minute timer between posts gets ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yeah, but given the silliness of some of the current coverage, it appears they were addicted to and are missing the cray cray. (When did that go out of style? Or was it never in?)

I know some disagree, but daylight saving time puts me in a better mood almost immediately. To offset this, I am going to get bludgeoned to death by my tennis nemesis at 11.

My next car purchase will not be based on MPG, appearance, utility, or reliability. It will depend on how easy it is to reset the clock twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    My next car purchase will not be based on MPG, appearance, utility, or reliability. It will depend on how easy it is to reset the clock twice a year.
    So a 79 Dodge Omni with rotary knobs where you can actually turn the hands of the clock. Noted.

Why not just go clockless?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Why not just go clockless?
    I'm on record as saying the only real difference between us and the lesser primates is our ability to punctuate sentences and accessorize. But I don't wear a watch because my phone has a clock on it. I think I could do without a clock in my car as well.

Ymo, I want you to know that there is no competition between us. I am in no way trying to threaten your post record. I am content to be the Pippin or even Kukoc to your Jordan. I post a lot, but it's only because I don't have very much of consequence to say and I like to say it on here.

Ymo, I want you to know that there is no competition between us. I am in no way trying to threaten your post record. I am content to be the Pippin or even Kukoc to your Jordan. I post a lot, but it's only because I don't have very much of consequence to say and I like to say it on here.
    You’re Kobe coming in at the end of MJ’s reign. If you can stay healthy, the LTE league is yours in a few years. YMo can just mismanage the thread, draft a string of busy posters, and make one-sided documentaries about his glory days.

Post away, when you pass me more power to you!!! I'm more worried about weeds in my lawn and cleaning up freeze damage to my perennials.*

*This is what happens when the basketball season is over. Also, my word, I've used that phrase twice this weekend. I better stop.

You’re Kobe coming in at the end of MJ’s reign. If you can stay healthy, the LTE league is yours in a few years. YMo can just mismanage the thread, draft a string of busy posters, and make one-sided documentaries about his glory days.
    I have so many thoughts on this that it is ridiculous. So screw it, I'm going to share them. I never liked Kobe except for his star turn in that ridiculously tight gold medal game against Spain the first Olympic title K won. I love watching an alpha assert his dominance in a tight game. But for the rest of his career I didn't enjoy watching him. He seemed emotionally vacuous and to be a terrible teammate. Great competitor and got 97% of the way to Jordan...but that 3% was so much. I like LeBron more than Kobe because LeBron's game is more democratic.

I have so many thoughts on this that it is ridiculous. So screw it, I'm going to share them. I never liked Kobe except for his star turn in that ridiculously tight gold medal game against Spain the first Olympic title K won. I love watching an alpha assert his dominance in a tight game. But for the rest of his career I didn't enjoy watching him. He seemed emotionally vacuous and to be a terrible teammate. Great competitor and got 97% of the way to Jordan...but that 3% was so much. I like LeBron more than Kobe because LeBron's game is more democratic.
    I don’t want to say Kobe was the last of the ball dominant alphas because there are plenty of guys like that but the modern superstar is more well-rounded, to be sure.

I think Kobe’s full body of work and issues, on and off the court, should be catalogued in his final assessment. That’s pretty much my view in anyone though. Not a big fan of pedestals. Will leave it at that.

Ok, so, maybe not the best analogy!

I don’t want to say Kobe was the last of the ball dominant alphas because there are plenty of guys like that but the modern superstar is more well-rounded, to be sure.

I think Kobe’s full body of work and issues, on and off the court, should be catalogued in his final assessment. That’s pretty much my view in anyone though. Not a big fan of pedestals. Will leave it at that.

Ok, so, maybe not the best analogy!
    Fantastic post. Maybe I'm Ron Artest and unwilling to properly self assess.