Page 1811 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 81113111711176118011809181018111812181318211861191123112811 ... LastLast
Results 36,201 to 36,220 of 67381
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I wanted to get a tattoo back in the mid-80s, "before it was cool". No really, it was so uncool, tattoo parlors were illegal. I was looking into it and thinking about driving up to Old Orchard Beach, Maine, the nearest legal tattoo parlor, when my father, who never asks me for anything, asked me to please not get a tattoo. So, I didn't. Given my severe nickel allergy now - thank goodness I didn't get a tattoo back then!!! There is no way the tattoo parlor in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, used nickel free dyes in 1987. No way. I'd be in bad shape. Also - I can't wear earrings anymore because that allergy. Or my wedding ring. Or knit with my nickel-plated needles.
    I have no idea why I got them. Mostly because I knew there would be a time when I would regret them, and I wanted a reminder that there was a point in my life when I could make a decision that a future me would regret. And you know what? Screw future me. Judgy jerkface.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    rub it in. Pine pollen almost sounds good right now, ours comes in June.
    We have four seasons in Georgia (in order):

Rainy Season
    Pollen Season
    Hellishly Hot Season
    Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have no idea why I got them. Mostly because I knew there would be a time when I would regret them, and I wanted a reminder that there was a point in my life when I could make a decision that a future me would regret. And you know what? Screw future me. Judgy jerkface.
    Hah hah. I’m not sure I need a tattoo for that sort of reminder.

In the immortal words of that great modern American philosopher, Jimmy Buffett, tattoos are “a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.”

In related news, I have yet to return to Juárez since the Duke Sun Bowl game in El Paso.

I’m up to 20 tattoos or so, each with a very real and meaningful story. I don’t regret a single one of them.

New refrigerator just came and I am very excited about this.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I’m up to 20 tattoos or so, each with a very real and meaningful story. I don’t regret a single one of them.
    I think you need one of that Icelandic pose you posted the other day, if you don’t have that yet!

Bad. Arse. Photo.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think you need one of that Icelandic pose you posted the other day, if you don’t have that yet!

Bad. Arse. Photo.
    Thanks. I must admit I really like it too and I’m glad I have it.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    You guys have a June? I thought you had like four Januarys (Januaries?) or something and just didn't have a June, July and August at all. It's like January, January, January, January, February, March, April, May, September right?
    No, it's January, January, January, January, Janu - May, Ju - January, July, August, September, October, January, January.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No, it's January, January, January, January, Janu - May, Ju - January, July, August, September, October, January, January.
    Ha! Can't read a calendar.

I did like Boston summers.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ha! Can't read a calendar.
    Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I did like Boston summers.
    Yes. We did Portland, Portsmouth and Boston 2 years ago and it was glorious to wear a sweater in July.

Worst mainstream Hollywood actor?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Worst mainstream Hollywood actor?
    The Governator

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The Governator

-jk
    I actually enjoyed his movies - not that he was a good actor. I'm not sure they were supposed to be comedies but they were. Commando had some great lines. "Oh, him? I let him go." He sure did - as he was holding him over the edge of a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The Governator

-jk
    Ah, I have a soft spot for Ah-nuld. He leaned into the schtick and was perfect for the unique muscular machismo of 80s-era action flicks.

Hayden Christenson in the Star Wars prequels was perhaps the worst performance I've seen by a lead in a blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I actually enjoyed his movies - not that he was a good actor. I'm not sure they were supposed to be comedies but they were. Commando had some great lines. "Oh, him? I let him go." He sure did - as he was holding him over the edge of a cliff.
    I still get chills watching this.

Kristen Stewart has been pretty bad in several things.

Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Vamn Damme. I am not looking up how Jean Claude actually spells his name. I dislike him that much.