Page 791 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 29169174178178979079179279380184189112911791 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,820 of 67370
    Sweet! Anything with a ticket connection!
    Maybe JayZ needs some good legal advice...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Sweet! Anything with a ticket connection!
    Maybe JayZ needs some good legal advice...
    Somehow I think he's got that covered.

Random gratuitous post whoring going on right here.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    gratuitous [] whoring.
    Pretty sure that is mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pretty sure that is mutually exclusive.
    You are confusing this engineer...

How is it that both of my 2 credit classes, each separately, have twice the weekly reading of either of my 4 credit classes?

OPK, care to chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    How is it that both of my 2 credit classes, each separately, have twice the weekly reading of either of my 4 credit classes?

OPK, care to chime in?
    Sometimes the clients with the smallest problems take the most time.

So, there's that.

what do you have this semester?

Sometimes the clients with the smallest problems take the most time.

So, there's that.

what do you have this semester?
    Con Law, Business Assoc, Sports, Torts II (+ continuing with law review)

Con Law, Business Assoc, Sports, Torts II (+ continuing with law review)
    One person should not be allowed to have that much fun.

But it's probably in the #*#+%+} penumbra.

Damn Bill of Rights.

One person should not be allowed to have that much fun.

But it's probably in the #*#+%+} penumbra.

Damn Bill of Rights.
    LOL. I was dreading Con but the prof is pretty awesome. The class is meant for the evening students (8:10-10:10pm M/W), but 2/3 of the class is day students who specifically wanted to take this prof. He turns it into common current conversational language we can all understand & he's pretty clear. That means the curve will probably stink- over 100 students in this class (the room is PACKED).

Con scared me because I have so much difficulty reading the "old" cases, but he makes them understandable. AND he's not making us read Marbury v. Madison. Bonus points there.

(Then again I have problems with cases where judges & justices write to "hear" themselves or meet some imaginary word count... Scalia, I'm looking at you. Flowery and self-serving decisions don't do it for me- just get to the point already.)

Sports & Torts readings are off the chart... really bad (# of pages and cases per week).

Biz is pretty good so far- the prof is great at distilling the cases down to exactly what she wants us to know and the slides seem to be the frame of the outline, if not the outline itself.

LOL. I was dreading Con but the prof is pretty awesome. The class is meant for the evening students (8:10-10:10pm M/W), but 2/3 of the class is day students who specifically wanted to take this prof. He turns it into common current conversational language we can all understand & he's pretty clear. That means the curve will probably stink- over 100 students in this class (the room is PACKED).

Con scared me because I have so much difficulty reading the "old" cases, but he makes them understandable. AND he's not making us read Marbury v. Madison. Bonus points there.

(Then again I have problems with cases where judges & justices write to "hear" themselves or meet some imaginary word count... Scalia, I'm looking at you. Flowery and self-serving decisions don't do it for me- just get to the point already.)

Sports & Torts readings are off the chart... really bad (# of pages and cases per week).

Biz is pretty good so far- the prof is great at distilling the cases down to exactly what she wants us to know and the slides seem to be the frame of the outline, if not the outline itself.
    Con law was one of my absolute favorites. Still is, to the extent my practice touches on it.

As far as judges -- Learned Hand is my favorite, for no other reason than the fact that his name was Learned freakin' Hand. Even better than my favorite baseball commissioner, Kennesaw Mountain Landis. (Although Shoeless Joe should be in The Hall)

As far as judges -- Learned Hand is my favorite, for no other reason than the fact that his name was Learned freakin' Hand.

I'll never forget last year, 1L, when someone in my section couldn't understand that that was actually the judge's name. It took a while for him to get it, and the class got a few good chuckles out of it.

I'll never forget last year, 1L, when someone in my section couldn't understand that that was actually the judge's name. It took a while for him to get it, and the class got a few good chuckles out of it.
    http://youtu.be/iKN_W35P8jA

I'd like to hear Scalia do this!

(True recording)

http://youtu.be/iKN_W35P8jA

I'd like to hear Scalia do this!

(True recording)
    Ha! I wonder if Scalia would do it in exchange for his favorite pizza. He would get a double bonus: He'd get to hear himself and he'd get pizza.

Side note: Heller was the main basis of our law review write-on competition last year. Ugggggghhhh 80 pgs of Scalia almost made me not write-on.

It was also the first case we read for Con this semester. Distilled to 12 pgs - only half were Scalia, and the other half was split between the 2 dissents. I liked this version sooooooo much better.

Ha! I wonder if Scalia would do it in exchange for his favorite pizza. He would get a double bonus: He'd get to hear himself and he'd get pizza.
    I had the honor of appearing (second chair) in the U.S. Supreme Court years ago, and have been there several times as a gallery patron or a guest of a Justice. Really really really recommend going to see an argument or a decision announcement, whether you are a lawyer or not. Arguably, the most powerful nine people in the world.

I had the honor of appearing (second chair) in the U.S. Supreme Court years ago, and have been there several times as a gallery patron or a guest of a Justice. Really really really recommend going to see an argument or a decision announcement, whether you are a lawyer or not. Arguably, the most powerful nine people in the world.
    I made the pizza crack only because he fancies himself a pizza connoisseur. I believe he wrote a book about it.

And that would be pretty awesome... I know for DOMA people lined up for hours in advance. Is that typical or can someone normally "get in"?

Edit: Were you pooping your pants for that one? I can't imagine arguing in front of the Court.

I made the pizza crack only because he fancies himself a pizza connoisseur. I believe he wrote a book about it.

And that would be pretty awesome... I know for DOMA people lined up for hours in advance. Is that typical or can someone normally "get in"?

Edit: Were you pooping your pants for that one? I can't imagine arguing in front of the Court.
    Get admitted to the Court, it may help you out with getting to watch sessions.

In my case, I did not have to do the argument but I wrote the brief that got the cert granted and wrote/researched the briefs in chief. Really cool to hear the Justices put your arguments to opposing counsel. Especially cool when opposing counsel has no response. My partner, a true master of the craft, argued like it was an every day matter.

Hope to get back, it is a true experience.

You can also get a gig in Congress - they get a few seats. SWMBO goes now and again, mostly for civil rights cases.

-jk

Brrrrrrrrrrr. I have had enough winter.