Page 401 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3013513913994004014024034114515019011401 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 67238
    It seems that the Internet was down for a while...

We are being outposted by a thread on Plantation Shutters...no wonder the knitters have us beat so easily.

While driving around today, I passed a car with the license plate XXX YBT. I suddenly started thinking of getting a vanity plate.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We are being outposted by a thread on Plantation Shutters...no wonder the knitters have us beat so easily.
    I was busy watching a windstorm in Buffalo followed by a 52 yard FG to quell the Giants.

Well, at least the right team won in the former situation.

I just finished watching the Panthers win. I just can't whole-heartedly pull for them because of 2 obvious reasons: "carolina" Panthers and although their blue has a little turquoise in it, it is way to close to baby slime blue for me. Besides, the Bears were my first pro football team and I did get to take an undergrad class at Lake Forest College with Urlacher's little brother Da Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I just finished watching the Panthers win. I just can't whole-heartedly pull for them because of 2 obvious reasons: "carolina" Panthers and although their blue has a little turquoise in it, it is way to close to baby slime blue for me. Besides, the Bears were my first pro football team and I did get to take an undergrad class at Lake Forest College with Urlacher's little brother Da Bears!
    I root for the Charlotte Panthers. Makes life much easier!

It was nice seeing your folks today at the women's game. I talked with them before the game and again late in the second half.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I root for the Charlotte Panthers. Makes life much easier!

It was nice seeing your folks today at the women's game. I talked with them before the game and again late in the second half.
    They gave your kazoo performance a rave review!! Strong work

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I was busy watching a windstorm in Buffalo followed by a 52 yard FG to quell the Giants.
    I was busy taking a nap.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    They gave your kazoo performance a rave review!! Strong work
    Check out goduke.com's front page photo from the game.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Check out goduke.com's front page photo from the game.
    I guess that's me (my head anyway) second from left at the bottom of the page, but I'm not playing the kazoo in the pic.

And here's a better picture of my daughter (saying "Oh", in the Duke rugby shirt, also to the left of the players) and her husband behind her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9F 9F 9F

All publicity is good publicity?

Coach P ?

So, was the Duke vs Q game as much of a blowout as it sounds? More importantly, any opinions on the directions of this team over the next few months? They seemed to turn a corner at USC, and Coach P got some great kudos in the media after that one. Is the chemistry gelling? Can we expect any noise in March?

Oz - any good sandwiches at the game?

-BDBD

Catching up after a few days finalizing Christmas preparations and spending time with family in town. They are out of town today and will be back tomorrow for the rest of the week. We have been having fun with Guitar Hero World Tour Band or something like that - vocals, drums, and guitar. It is pretty humorous to see some of us trying this but the kids are pretty good.

Congratulations on the house, Tilly. Look forward to seeing pictures.

I have nothing to add to the pastrami discussion - I'm not sure I have ever had any pastrami.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday and safe travels.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    So, was the Duke vs Q game as much of a blowout as it sounds? More importantly, any opinions on the directions of this team over the next few months? They seemed to turn a corner at USC, and Coach P got some great kudos in the media after that one. Is the chemistry gelling? Can we expect any noise in March?

Oz - any good sandwiches at the game?

-BDBD
    No, no pastrami nor corned beef at the game.

See my comments and Jim Sumner's in the game thread on the main board. We beat a vastly inferior team today. Nothing to get too excited about.

9F 9F 9F

No, no pastrami nor corned beef at the game.

See my comments and Jim Sumner's in the game thread on the main board. We beat a vastly inferior team today. Nothing to get too excited about.
    Ozzie, are we going to see more of you at the women's games?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Ozzie, are we going to see more of you at the women's games?
    On occasion, but I'll leave the kazoo at home.

9F 9F 9F

I'll leave the kazoo at home.
    Bummer!

House update

I've posted pictures of the house I'm buying in a photo album in my profile here on DBR.

I have my home inspection and termite (or rather wood eating insect) inspection this Wednesday morning. Keeping my fingers crossed both inspections go well.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I've posted pictures of the house I'm buying in a photo album in my profile here on DBR.

I have my home inspection and termite (or rather wood eating insect) inspection this Wednesday morning. Keeping my fingers crossed both inspections go well.
    That place is flat out cute. Love the kitchen floor, and the backyard. Now you have to get a dog for the doghouse.